Le forum is it too complicated?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Re: The forum is it too complicated?

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 00:57

Most of the big ones forums do not have recent messages function ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 01:17

Here I added these 3 links at the top for members:

Your messages (to answer the remark of izentrop)
New messages since your last visit
unread messages

I hope it's pretty clear in French level description!

There is also the following function to use with ATTENTION AND PARCIMONY:

Mark the forums as read (or Mark subforums as read next where you navigate)

If you click, all messages from the forum will be marked as read (and therefore the list of recent messages will no longer be displayed in its current configuration and your "Unread messages" page will obviously be empty too ...)

This makes it possible to forum more readable from time to time ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 01:28

chatelot16 wrote:in profile we can find his own message but I find that on econology this function is difficult to find: on many forum there is a clearly visible button "see my messages"

This function existed however here:

mes_messages.jpg
mes_messages.jpg (50.43 Kio) Viewed 2576 times

I just copied it to the secondary menu bar ... I will change the "vos" to "mes" too ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/05/16, 01:30

specifically, I NEVER put the unread stuff as read ...
waste of time
the best would be a function [...] :-) no I'm kidding, no more "new" function thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 01:34

I might come back to the "unread" option for recent topics ...

But personally, I find that it is more efficient like that * especially with the MORE VISIBLE "My Messages" link to possibly come back to what we have just written ...

* because we see at a glance in Recent Topic the new messages of others, it is not the principle of a forum to reply to another member?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/05/16, 08:52

Yes that's it.

I understood everything.

Because I was surprised too, the thread on gardening being a little, for me, like a blog where I often add a post to my previous post. So indeed, I was surprised not to find him.

I went through the search function. But indeed, we can also go on his profile. It's a bit more restrictive in this case. But who is not the dominant of a forum, so I think it makes sense ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/05/16, 09:01

thank you ! we now see very clear button, "my messages" "unread message" "new message"

Christophe wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:in profile we can find his own message but I find that on econology this function is difficult to find: on many forum there is a clearly visible button "see my messages"

This function existed however here:

mes_messages.jpg

I just copied it to the secondary menu bar ... I will change the "vos" to "mes" too ...

but what does this sign mean with 3 horizontal bar? ... it's not part of my alphabet ... so I do not memorize it, and different software use this sign each for different function so I do not understand what it means

that's why I prefer the button with a name in French that everyone understands, even new!

this button could therefore be called "search" because there is the menu of all possible searches: once we have seen the interest of this button those that you have just added become almost useless

but if the buttons you just added are very useful because they are better visible than the passage by this sign which nobody ever gave me the name
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/05/16, 09:09

Oh yes, I did not look at the bar at the top. There, at my level, it's great!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 10:50

We will see the use, in any case I find it interesting to display only unread messages: this morning I arrive on the forums and I can see exactly (faster than before) where there has been activity ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/05/16, 13:31

Hello everyone ! It would be well if ONLY ONE CLICK we could examine ALL the situation of the forum... it's the maaaaaazze ...

What do we currently have? A subject with times between 2 to 3 lines of text in "list" format: it stings our eyes! : Cheesy:

would it be too much to ask to restore the simple list we had before, like that (type of presentation of the old fo-fo):

liste.jpg

Is:
- 1 topic = 1 single line of text

=> date / author / title / Section it's just the crucial information we need (not 1 km of stuff we will not read)

=> arrival timeline: the last topics posted at the top of the list.

=> SOBRIETY = READABILITY ...... épicétou

A CONTINUITY LIST this is what we need: all the rest is useless to confuse us

A simple list of continuity is essential ... People who waste time looking for info do not come back anymore. It's obvious.
► View Text

and those who came to post before, may come back [...]
0 x