Le forum is it too complicated?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The forum is it too complicated?

by chatelot16 » 26/05/16, 00:14

Christophe wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:having only one of the 2 function with a contradictory name with what it does, admits that it is frankly twisted

make disappear also welcome and last messages posted since it is not the last messages posted but the unread messages

ce forum works but everything that works inconsistently with what is indicated is a problem

If they are still the last messages posted AND unread! It is just missing from this list the last message that the member (you, me, him ...) posted ... since inevitably to post, you must have read the subject ...

I have explained all this here, clearly it seems to me: bistrot/migration-phpbb2-a-phpbb3-1-explications-des-nouvelles-fonctions-t14492-110.html#p303897

I edited to try to be clearer ...

do you understand French?

if you want to put the list of unread topics, mark unread topic ... it is useless to mark recent and unread because if it is unread it is necessarily recent ... and it is stupid to mark only recent leaving the unread heard

it is the height of the computer bug: something that works well but that we take for a default because what is indicated is contradictory with what it does

in all forum we see list of recent message and unread message and we understand the difference ... as long as you mark recent message in title unread messages it will seem like a bug
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 00:16

And with these modifications, is it good? -> bistrot/migration-phpbb2-a-phpbb3-1-explications-des-nouvelles-fonctions-t14492-120.html#p304003

it is useless to mark recent and unread because if it is not read it is forced recently

Condition necessary but not sufficient ... so not agree!

I'm sure there are a lot of very old messages on this forum that you have never read, look at this list: non-reponses.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 00:22

izentrop wrote:
Obamot wrote:I just posted an answer, I went to "Recent Topics" NO TRACE

You find them easily with this link of your profile obamot-u9623 / posts /

Yes or with the search engine or by browsing the forum... a lot of ways to get there ...

Besides, what is the point of returning so quickly to a message that has just been posted?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/05/16, 00:28

Christophe wrote:
Besides, what is the point of returning so quickly to a message that has just been posted?

check it !

for example when there are quotations or links, it is useful to check that they are good when we can still edit

there is also the preview, but that does not really visualize everything: there are often surprises when it is really posted
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/05/16, 00:32

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:

Yes or with the search engine or by browsing the forum... a lot of ways to get there ...

We should stop eroticizing and denying and doing the right thing. and listen otherwise it's very simple, people will go elsewhere.

izentrop wrote:

ok, well, you say something constructive, thanks for that.

But for my part, I put myself from the point of view of the "user experience", by putting myself in the shoes of people ...

And here I notice that it is no longer possible to instantly view on your post, if someone answered or not: then you have to open all to see if someone has answered (and if the post is too far , on several pages, you will not go and will not see it) In short! A heresy compared to the ease of before (already well reduced compared to the previous version THERE WOULD NEVER HAVE FALLU REVIEW in its functionalities ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 00:38

chatelot16 wrote:check it !

Just as much to check more seriously before leaving the subjects.

Otherwise there is still the return function of your browser ...

I just changed the titles ... did you see them?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/05/16, 00:40

"Recent Topics (Recent Topics unread for members)"

how do you look for such complication?

does 2 different list: a recent subject list for everyone including connected ones that will be clearly labeled recent topic ... and made below a list unread topic, which of course will be empty for non connected
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/05/16, 00:42

YES YES YES quite ...

And besides in "list" format why is it necessary to waste space to display up to 5 lines of totally useless information which eat up precious screen space for nothing and considerably reduces readability by forcing you to continuously and massively slide towards the bottom of the page ... then go up ... go down etc ... Before, in recent topics there was ONLY ONE LINE of text per post, and it was perfect! Completely phew!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 00:45

Of course 2 lists ... and you think that it will simplify more the forum that a title with a parenthesis ???

I try a vision FOR ALL MEMBERS and VISITORS and GOOGLE and the SERVER load also ...
All the whims are not possible sorry ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/05/16, 00:54

Christophe wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:check it !

Otherwise there is still the return function of your browser ...

of course if the forum do not do what all the others do forum , we can get by with the functions of his computer

but I do not just write about econology ... I write a message and then I do something else on the computer or in the real world, and I have an idea to complete what I wrote and would like to come back to see. .. there are lots of other things in the browser ... the econology tab has been closed to avoid overload ...

in profile we can find his own message but I find that on econology this function is difficult to find: on many forum there is a clearly visible button "see my messages"
0 x