"I am disappointed in the good": the Swiss expression to explain!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: "I am disappointed in the good": the Swiss expression to explain!

by chatelot16 » 14/10/16, 20:31

quarter of an hour Vaudois: the art of being late.

There is the same thing in charente ... fifteen minutes Charente: quarter of an hour much longer than a quarter of an hour of which we are late in charente
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 14/10/16, 20:41

At home, in the canton of Vaud, it is said that the quarter of an hour Vaudois is the only half-hour that lasts 45 minutes ...

That said, I am very allergic to the delay, it is sickly for me ...

A+
0 x
Trying too hard to get into the mold, it ends up looking like a pie.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/10/16, 20:49

This is treated very well with a hammer: break his watch! In your case, the pathology is more entrenched, there is a lot to break: not serious, your heart will say thank you! : Lol:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/10/16, 21:05

There are very old, less well-known expressions, such as:

"1 bichet worth 2 quads" (who actually wanted to say: 1 vaudois was worth Bernese 2, based on old measurements to quantify the grain) that could then give, "forewarned is forearmed"

Le "Who's for one?" meaning, "who is it?"

A pretty, "to curl" to say: "reconcile»

A laughter from my corner, "Only by seeing I see it", to say that: "it's obvious" to the point that it is caricatural.

A little further than Vaud (but not so far under occupation) la rösti barrier or "Röstigraben"which still psychologically separates the German-speaking (German-speaking) from the French-speaking (French-speaking) after all a slight xenophobia? Rösti is a potato pancake, typical of German-speaking Switzerland but consumed throughout Switzerland (and German-speaking dish, as if it was necessary to designate a "culprit"). : Mrgreen: : Twisted:
It would have looked bad instead: "the Vaud papenburg fence» Image (The Waadtländer Eintopf Graben it would have been heavy to digest)
1 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 14/10/16, 21:31

Ahmed wrote:

This is treated very well with a hammer: break his watch! In your case, the pathology is more entrenched, there is a lot to break: not serious, your heart will say thank you! : Lol:

My very high allergy to the delay is not a question of watch (s) (even if I actually have a passion for watchmaking), mas simply a question of respect, and it goes both ways ...

To return to the subject: Obamot, there is so much to discuss following what you said (written). I do not have time tonight, nor tomorrow, but I'm doing it Sunday.

Tomorrow, it's vigaitse taf ... We make the grapes.

A+
0 x
Trying too hard to get into the mold, it ends up looking like a pie.
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 14/10/16, 21:55

it reminds me of the Quebecois expression: it's disgusting, which means exactly the opposite of style:
it's disgusting what it's good!
0 x
Click my signature
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/10/16, 22:18

...Yes thanks. I translate : wie gehts? => how are you? => hello to work no doubt ...? ^^

From where my first point, the Vaudois and Bernois are slow, so they catch up while building the WE (I'm kidding ...)

And if the Vaudois would be slow, the Bernese would be perceived still much slower : Cheesy: - hence the legendary Swiss slowness and the expression: "there's no fire to the lake"- but all that is only urban legends ... While waiting for some jokes on us, the Swiss:

- It has been said of the Vaudois that he is a "Protestant Savoyard, mixed with Bernese and who tries to speak French"

A Berner alone in the night in Lausanne, gets out of his hotel room and wakes up the receptionist.
Can I have a glass of water please?
The receptionist gives him his glass of water and then goes back to bed. 15 minutes later, the same customer comes down from his room, and asks for another glass of water The receptionist gives the glass of water and then goes back to bed. And it goes on like this for an hour! The receptionist fumbles:
- But what have you been able to eat to have such a thirst?
- I'm not thirsty, there's fire in my room.

Why do they put three condoms?
So as not to dirty the middle one.

: Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/16, 00:51

Obamot wrote:I confirm Christophe sometimes plays toyet : Mrgreen: (I put in italics because it is almost a foreign language) ...

There it is certain! ^^

I try to heal ... but I often relapse! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/16, 11:48

Well, Obamot used the expression in 2012: Company-and-philosophy / holland-vs-Sarkozy-who-release-winner-of-the-dual-t11759-260.html # p235058

Obamot wrote:Still not so obvious with 1,6% ahead of the presidential vote. I am "disappointed in good" : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: resigned, because not enough for reforms "from top to bottom ...!"

: Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/10/16, 12:23

It's nice to be able to laugh at yourself : Lol:

What makes every 5 minutes tick?
► View Text

Why should not we give dishes to a Zurich man?
► View Text

What is the difference between a rich Swiss and a poor Swiss?
► View Text

Why is the air so pure in Friborg?
► View Text

Where do the people of Friborg hide their savings thinking they can never be found?
► View Text

Scientific experiments in the Canton of Vaud on a human brain.
We chose a guinea pig, "perfectly normal" [...]
The subject begins to remove the left back part of the brain. To the question how much do 45 (+) 45? he answers:
- ninety".

He is now removed the right part, the same question, he responds painfully and late
- uhh ............. katre-vinght and ten?

After these results, scientists finally decide to remove almost all the brain, remaining only a few grams of gray cells, it is still based on the same question, he answers:
► View Text
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"