Forum attack

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/10/05, 11:27

DavidHervé wrote:On the other hand I do a little technical support even if it is invisible.

:P your help is very precious to me and will be useful to us at all times!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 25/10/05, 16:36

"I didn't know it was from Saturday! Do you have the most accurate time possible? "</span>
Sorry, excuse me, it's Sunday 23, very early afternoon, as you said.
+ + + + + +
"It is easy to tick a promise to contribute ... but the practice will undoubtedly be much less (I bet on a reality 30 to 50% which already does not hurt: a hundred members for the 1st year)"</span>
1487 members currently registered, and a hundred would suit you, the first year ...

Initially, your idea was to cope with an influx of members, traffic, and hosting capacity, more possible with a free hosting.
If you admit, concede that there will be a limited number of members at the beginning, why then, seek to host the site on a dedicated server of larger capacity, but unfortunately paying? What obliges you to ask for a pecuniary participation, to create an association in order to support it, to finally create a "Private Club".
The path of this reasoning bothers me somewhat ...

Suggestion: in the newsletter sent to members or by email addressed to members registered on their personal mailbox, why if they did not come to read or participate on the forum, do not offer to click on a registration confirmation address, available on the forum, every two months for example,? This will allow them to repeat an upgrade visit, to update their knowledge and then share it with those around them. Isn't Econologie's philanthropic goal, right? This procedure will also skim a good part of the 1487 non-active members. And if members, after months of estrangement, find themselves automatically deregistered, if they are motivated and still interested, they will gladly re-register under their old username.

Gegyx
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 25/10/05, 19:45

It would be interesting to see on the forums of IPB and PHPBB if there are echoes of atac of the same kind!
otherwise I would be curious to know the number of messages on average / nb registered!
but I find it quite normal that there are more readers than participants!
For my part, I was a reader for several years before registering only a few months ago! But it is true that since I am registered, I try to participate in the themes that I prefer or those where I have some knowledge!
I regularly click on the pb banners! but I would invite you to remember the conditions of google in the matter because right click + new window does not give right to anything and there is other trap I believe!

Apart from that, and a little off topic, did you have talks for the job?

yahi
0 x
When will we have the right to stop using oil?
Free object!
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 25/10/05, 20:15

gegyx wrote:Suggestion: in the newsletter sent to members or by email addressed to members registered on their personal mailbox, why if they did not come to read or participate on the forum, do not offer to click on a registration confirmation address, available on the forum, every two months for example,? This will allow them to repeat an upgrade visit, to update their knowledge and then share it with those around them. Isn't Econologie's philanthropic goal, right? This procedure will also skim a good part of the 1487 non-active members. And if members, after months of estrangement, find themselves automatically deregistered, if they are motivated and still interested, they will gladly re-register under their old username.

Gegyx

Every 2 months !
No no no ! especially not !
at the limit after a year of inactivity, send a letter asking for confirmation to remain always registered (this is what I receive with no-ip) and I am very happy that it is going like that even if I no longer use the service (I will come back one day!), I keep my account !! and I suspect that a lot of people will like to keep their service even if it is for occasional use! there is still not a great crowd requiring to make room for newcomers who can not take their pseudo favorites!
anyway, there is always the possibility to unsubscribe! The e-mail plays a reminder role, I think it's very good!
You must understand that not everyone has internet at home and that not everyone can spend their time on it!
projects can sometimes stay asleep for a long time before resurfacing! like visitors!
a non-active member remains a member who has made the process of registering, it's not inocent! even if it is not active! it is as if in politics all those who have a party card but who are not there on the day of the GA should be struck off! it's not correct! (I don't have a party card but I contribute to an association [or I will never go] just for support, and I would not like to be struck off just because I do not participate otherwise! There are the assets that make it better that me, they have the time and the means but for me!) Anyway, without wanting to play the rabajoies, there will always be several audiences, and it's not by suppressing a party that the solution is! and nothing prevents everyone from acting at their level: Donation, click on bagnière + visit, question or answer on the forum, help, or simple site visitor or user of docs, we all have a role! There is always a hard core, active, passive and interested visitors and others not!
Anyway, you know what I mean, I'm going to spend the night there and do a 3-page prose!
What can be normal is that invalid emails are removed if there is a return from the provider, otherwise I don't think that is a good idea!

yahi
0 x
When will we have the right to stop using oil?

Free object!
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 25/10/05, 21:58

I had the same alert from Norton AV, but as it coincided with the date of my subscription renewal with them, I wondered at the start if it was intoxicating, until Christophe's message.

Since I have an old NAV 2002, I intend not to re-subscribe and switch to NAV 2006 for almost the same price ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 25/10/05, 22:54

A yahi.
Ok across the board on different member behaviors.
(in brackets, I remind you of a message 1789 from Econologie of Wednesday January 26, 2005, 18:42 pm, which goes in the same direction:
"You can not.
It is up to me to do it but it is not obligated, anyway I purge the registrants who are no longer active after 6 months. ")

But you only react to the idea of ​​the suggestion-remedy that I proposed, following my main finding previous, on which you do not react…

Your many more or less interested members (who have my consideration) will no longer be present in a forum restricted, private club with subscription.

In case, you have not noticed, lately, we have often seen stakeholders grumbling against passive people = burdens = cause of overweight of the site = search for another host = additional cost = necessity d '' an association to bring in funds = site of 1500 members transforming into a comfortable site of 100 distinguished members = private club = stopping the philanthropic econological message to awaken and involve a larger number of citizens = big delay in hopes = disappointment in the end for a lot of people.
This is my reflection.
Gegyx
0 x
Wish =>

Able to speak normally

without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 26/10/05, 09:41

no for a private club but yes for a forum private for association contributors (gender forum admin) to decide together on projects and future projects with MSN at stake.
I am registered on others forums where I don't go often and sometimes as a guest when possible but I want to stay a member even if I'm not often active!
and if I were automatically unsubscribed I would re-register on condition of being able to recover my username and above all my messages!
otherwise baye-baye the forum !
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/05, 09:57

gegyx wrote:At the start, your idea was to cope with an influx of members, traffic, and accommodation capacity, more possible with a gracious host ...... (...)

1) the current host is not free and costs 120 € per year it is not much and I also still pay the old accommodation of 50 € per year (in fact econologie.com has NEVER been on a free server).

2) look at the stats and you will see that no free host exists for such traffic !! https://www.econologie.com/photo/stats_0905.gif If you say yes it means that you are not aware of the traffic generated and that you do not know much about accommodation ...

3) I don't understand your remark about the private club ... nothing will force visitors to join the possible future association! If they want to develop the site and the "things", they will do it themselves, on the other hand if they want to take advantage of the free information they will not do it ... So what? The important thing is that the site progresses and that we inform as many people as possible!

4) I regularly send connection reminders for the forum
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/05, 09:58

yahi wrote:Apart from that, and a little off topic, did you have talks for the job?

No nothing !

For the right click I don't understand your remark since:
1) I was not aware
2) I never talked about it ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/05, 10:09

gegyx wrote:Your many more or less interested members (who have my consideration) will no longer be present in a forum restricted, private club with subscription.

But who spoke of a "private" club with membership fees? I think you're making up!

The site /forum will remain freely accessible without restriction! The advantages of association members will be very different from accessing the site!

Then it is not 1500 members but 4500 "potential members" that must be taken into account ... it is the number of subscribers to the mailing list!
0 x