Call for a future without incinerator

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/06, 10:19

Targol wrote:PS: a small bank of smileys and others: https://www.econologie.info/smiley2.php

-> Image

: Cheesy:

I will put the link next to the smiley directly on the forum :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/06, 10:38

Christophe wrote:I will put the link next to the smiley directly on the forum :)

Here it is done ... I also added a "hidden" link for all the members of the forum who write a message : Cheesy: Do not broadcast it yet thank you ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/11/06, 20:29

[I'm refocusing ...]

Interesting article which shows that the reduction of non-recycled waste is possible if the public will is there!

http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/news/2029.php4
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 06/11/06, 14:41

Woodcutter wrote:[I'm refocusing ...]

Interesting article which shows that the reduction of non-recycled waste is possible if the public will is there!

http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/news/2029.php4

Me, I would rather be, I take out my trash only one week out of 3 whereas officially, given the number of people at home, I should even have a bigger trash can.

Therefore, between composting and recycling, I must have a volume of waste at least 3 times less than the average.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

CANCER: GUILT INCINERATION ...

by Woodcutter » 01/12/06, 20:33

Cancer: guilty cremation

Scientists confirm link between cremation and cancer
Associations call for an immediate moratorium

Paris, November 30 - The Institut National de Veille Sanitaire (INVS) presented this morning a damning study for waste incineration, which confirms that populations living near household waste incinerators are at risk increased cancer. The study "Incidence of cancers near household waste incineration plants" is the largest epidemiological study ever carried out in France on the health impact of incineration.

"It has now been shown that incineration is responsible for cancers in local populations living nearby", says Sébastien Lapeyre, incineration project manager at CNIID."The CNIID calls for a moratorium on the incineration and the immediate suspension of the 16 incinerator projects in France. The industry can no longer lie about the harmful effects of incineration on human health and it is time to put an end to this archaic and dangerous technology. This study is the recognition of the combat of the hundreds of associations which fight at local level against projects of incinerators."

The INVS jointly conducted two studies on dioxin impregnation and the incidence of cancer near household waste incineration plants. The latter highlights a significant relationship between the place of residence under an incinerator plume from 1972 to 1985 and the increased risk of certain cancers, especially breast cancer in women.

These health effects are apparently not only linked to dioxin but also to the many other pollutants emitted by incinerators, the vast majority of which are neither measured nor controlled (1). "Be careful, dioxins must not be the tree hiding the forest"warns Lapeyre."20 compounds for atmospheric releases have been included in the standards, notably 12 heavy metals such as mercury or lead, but the list of pollutants not subject to standards is even longer. Many organic compounds are produced by incineration and are not measured while they are also persistent, toxic and bioaccumulative, like dioxins."

On the one hand incineration produces thousands of pollutants other than dioxin, on the other hand dioxins and pollutants which are not released into the smoke are found in the solid and liquid residues of incineration (bottom ash, residues of incineration fumes, liquid treatment waste) and are therefore diffused into the environment by other routes. In addition, even if the concentrations of dioxins in the flue gases from incinerators are expected to decrease following the setting in standards of December 2005, the quantities emitted by incinerator will remain overall high due to the increase in the capacity of the incinerators, the flow of smoke released and the quantity of waste treated.

"At a time when the WHO (2) describes the increase in the number of cancers as a veritable epidemic, it seems absurd that incineration is today a treatment system still widely used, developed and supported in France, knowing that this process produces thousands of different pollutants and prevents the development of alternative waste treatment channels", said Eric Gall, Director of CNIID."It is time to program at the political level the end of incineration and finally put in place in France an ambitious waste prevention policy worthy of the name. To do this, we ask all candidates for the presidential election to vote in favor of a moratorium on the construction of new incinerators."
The CNIID (National Center for Independent Information on Waste) is an association dedicated to the reduction at source of toxicity and quantity of waste. The CNIID is only funded by its members and denounces the current management of waste in France, 40% of which is incinerated and 40% is landfilled. The CNIID also provides the Secretariat of the National Coordination for the reduction of waste at source, which brings together more than 270 local associations fighting against landfill or incinerator projects.

Notes:
(1) Out of the thousands of molecules resulting from the combustion of waste, 20 compounds for atmospheric emissions have been included in the standards, in particular 12 heavy metals (including mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium), monoxide carbon CO, inorganic gases (hydrogen chloride HCl, hydrogen fluoride HF, sulfur dioxide SO2 and nitrogen oxides NO and NO2). However, the majority of pollutants emitted by incinerators are not subject to standards. Many organic compounds are produced by incineration, including several groups of chlorinated compounds such as hexachlorobenzene (HCB), or polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH). Halogenated bromine compounds, present in raw waste and from the same family as chlorine and fluorine, are also not taken into account.

(2) World Health Organization

contacts:
Sébastien Lapeyre, incineration project manager at CNIID, on 01 55 78 28 65 or 06 87 34 33 97

Eric Gall, Acting Director of CNIID, on 01 55 78 28 66 or 06 17 64 14 28
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/12/06, 10:00

Where did you find that, Bucheron?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 04/12/06, 11:45

Well an incinerator has been authorized in Alsace despite significant opposition.

I will try to convey to them
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/12/06, 12:10

Targol wrote:Where did you find that, Bucheron?
CNIID news to which I subscribe ...

http://www.cniid.org/
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 04/12/06, 19:42

Christophe wrote:
former oceanic wrote:In short, if the SE is dirty, it is because the inhabitants are ...

I would say rather: the makers ....

Hello

Unfortunately I think ex-océano is right.

if you compare reindeer to geneva reindeer is a dirty city.

if you compare rennes to marseille rennes is a clean city and yet the 2 have a sort and are in france.

if you compare marseille to tananarive it is still marseille which is a dirty city.

However in tana there is no sorting as in marseille and it is fachos as in marseille who are in power !!!

Decision makers only think about getting re-elected if taxpayers
attach importance to cleanliness they make an effort, otherwise they don't care : Evil:

Certain populations are clean otherwise, there is no need to flick a Swede so that he puts his chwingum paper in a trash can.: Lol:

You can hit with a blow on a mediteranean he will always empty these bulky items in the port : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
lili
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lili » 11/12/06, 19:29

In Marseille, the fight continues against the installation of an incinerator in Fos sur mer
if you are around you can have more info on the dangers of incinerators with the projection of a film
the 15/12 at 20:30 p.m. in Marseille (6th)
with fair coffee
27 rue de la loubiere
next to the church of notre dame du mont

If you wish to have more information, other projection dates, please contact me
0 x