Reviews of the book Biogas - practical manual

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: book review Biogas - practical manual

by chatelot16 » 16/04/16, 19:32

the gutter has a big advantage: it can be deep enough to go lower than the liquid level in the tank: so the gas tightness of the concrete is no longer important, there is only the sealing to the water that counts

so that the tarpaulin does not fly a solution is to make a hem in which passes a fairly heavy chain

I had first thought of weight attached to the edge of the tarpaulin, but a big China spread better weight and is more easily handled

if there is a flat concrete surface around the tank the tarpaulin with its chain hem falls into the gutter by itself

in the case of diluted liquid methanizer I prefer the round galvanized sheet tank with polyethylene film sealing to protect the zinc

the crusher is the critical point ... for a small experimental methanizer I thought of the kitchen grinder ... but it is expensive and small ... in industrial material we see on the net of dilacatrix pump ... but expensive ...

the crusher will be the first thing to build if I want to make a methanizer: it will not be a dilacerator pump, but a grinder and a separate pump because a centrifugal pump must turn quickly and the grinder must turn slowly

I have a solution for the shredder that will cut everything including the blue string that is often found in the agricultural trash

the grinder pump can be placed near the farm building where there is manure to be emptied and send by a pipe to the methanizer at another place ... it avoids turning with tractor near the tanks

I have an idea to regulate the production: to have 3 tank: the waste arrives at the first tank which remains cold or the metahnisation is done slowly, then passes in the hot tank or methanisation is faster ... 3eme tank to store the residue

the level of the 2 first tank is variable: if there is too much gas I raise the level of the cold tank ... if there is not enough gas is lowered the level of the cold tank to increase the level of the hot tub ... I have never seen this idea elsewhere but I hope that it allows to accept a diet irregular without any storage of waste before methanization
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 17/04/16, 22:40

there's an idea!
But how do you mix tanks with pumps, they are not connected by vase communicating because you want to choose the levels?
I do not know why it's so important to always feed continuously but there is a reason.
In the end should not your system ends up being more complex than that of valla!
For the chain, yes but it will be damn heavy, 10mbar in the tank, it looks like it's not much but it grows! I'm wrong maybe but it's as if there was 10cm of water on the tarpaulin to retain it? If the tank is 9m² like this of valla, it is 900 kg? I must be wrong ...
Chatelot, where is the mistake?
And your idea of ​​shredder? can you say more?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/04/16, 23:25

In my corner it's the opposite, we have almost no LPG but almost only BIogaz.

I had studied the question but dropped it because I am a frontier that the systems are not compatible on both sides of the border. But finally I was down on the E85, currently € 68ct (often cheaper than LPG)

Ethanol seems less complicated and less dangerous to produce, it's just alcohol ... (but maybe I'm wrong?)
The problem with producing your own fuel (in the case of E85) is that you have to add to ethanol the mixture of admixtures "which go well" for car engines. Are these recipes well kept confidential by the oil companies? Ditto for gas I don't know: how to do it?

In addition many vehicles are compatible with this biofuel. The vehicle does not require heavy processing. I have advanced the ignition point of 4 ° clock and that's it. She rolls now like a charm, I put 5l of SP98 and all the rest of E85 for the first full. At first she coughed a little the first 50 km : Mrgreen: - it was necessary that the onboard computer is recalibrated on this change of fuel because of octane difference etc, the next full I will try to ride full E85, I should have proceeded in 2 stages, but I had already rolled 50 / 50 without a problem - perhaps also that the injectors had to be cleaned, the ethanol has a tendency to strip the dirt! Some even have to change the fuel filter (I'll do it when it's dirty ...)

All I can fear is that the valve seats are picking up (and I'm not forced to shoot like a sick person), but as the car is going to pay for itself with the economy on full at half price , as I paid only 1'000 roros with 100'000 counter, I have enough to see coming ...
I'll see if it starts properly in winter, otherwise I'll change the candles, some are planned for that!

But for the moment she purrs well, that happiness ...
She is more nervous thrown with good times, but a chouille less quick to acceleration since the stop.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/04/16, 08:15

it is not a single bacterium that makes the methanisation but a whole fauna that has to adapt to the chemical composition ... if the composition suddenly changes it works less before finding a new equilibrium ... I think that it is why it is important to feed regularly

my idea of ​​first cold tank should allow to feed this first tank anyhow and to pump a regular flow in the 2eme

of course it complicates, but to make gas is normal to make a gas plant ... I prefer the complicated automated thing that simple trick that ask to repeat the same work

it is not the complexity that is expensive but the price of materaiux: for the discontinuous system it is necessary for solid concrete tank resistant to the tractopelle to empty ... for the diluted system it can be tanks in sheet and polyethylene film out ground: much more economical in price of materaiux and especially without big earthworks ... easy to dismount or to move in case of modification
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 21/04/16, 22:05

ok but what tank can we take, it must be able to empty or access the interior in case of problems. How do you mix and reheat? continuously it is often expensive and expensive mechanical agitators.
can we mix like valla with a pump?
and this shredder? without him no continuity!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/04/16, 23:19

an agitator, it is an electric motor a reducer and a helix

with an inclined shaft there is no need for a seal on the shaft ... hydraulic closure also

for a small size the motor and the reducer can be a drill 220V 500W Chinese less than 10 euro a brico machine, fed a reduced tension to turn slowly

but I confirm, the key point for a small methanization is a good grinder for not all butch with fiber too long
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 24/04/16, 10:22

Ahmed wrote:Shit, it's the future! Warning, the message has a double meaning and is not the result of chance! 8)

I think you are well inspired ... you are inflated even! : Lol:
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 26/04/16, 22:06

I do not see why you do not need a joint with an inclined tree.
otherwise it seems to me very simplistic your story agitator. The usual systems are huge and powerful and break anyway! I really have a doubt ... it is still one of the major drawbacks of the system continues this agitator.
Mixing juice with a pump seems so much easier!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/16, 23:50

Practical advice and a study to download on the bio methanisation in Africa (thus simpler to put in place):

Video: https://www.econologie.com/bio-methanisa ... que-video/
Summary of the study: https://www.econologie.com/biomethanisation-afrique/
Download of the study: https://www.econologie.com/etude-bio-met ... -tanzanie/
"Pub" prospectus: https://www.econologie.com/tanzanie-bio- ... rospectus/
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/05/16, 22:39

this technique of buried brick tank works only in hot countries in France the soil is too cold

I'm afraid that this kind of tank is not good waterproof: good for countries where the water is abundant ... do not inspire me confidence for Africa

this kind of small methanizer too rudimentary requires a lot of work for a weak result: hence the problem of abandonment or bad maintenance

I did not read everything but I read some remarks that I do not like: the methanizer must be close to the house to avoid the loss of pressure in the gas pipes: no gas passes easily in a pipe even long ... unless there are highs and lows with condensation that goes into the low point ... so you need a pipe always sloping in the same direction

for me the tank buried it can make a small gas production without optimizing ... we do not know what is lost by the leaks ... we can not control anything: with tanks aerienne tole lined with polyethylene film is economically controllable and maintainable

glass wool insulation for the cylindrical wall and the roof ... insulation by pouzolane for the soil because it resists well to the weight

I do not like the soft cover that covers a lot of methanizer: it's a big thermal loss: I prefer a rigid and insulated roof ... the gas storage function can be made by another construction that does not need to be heated
1 x