Reviews of the book Biogas - practical manual

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: book review Biogas - practical manual

by mandrieu » 21/03/16, 22:11

In his book, valla speaks of an improvement which is to desorb the methane co2 but little by lowering the pressure, but not so low that only the co2 and some methane is desorbed. He also speaks of increasing the sediment to allow the methane to go back in the column because the water will go more slowly passing into a larger diameter.
That said lime seems simple but the cost and implementation remain too vague to try it this time.
Chatelot, do you have a design scheme with some dimensions of values?
please
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 31/03/16, 22:03

No idea for another biogas purification method?
Chatelot, I guess you do not have that ca to but or are you?
you was proposing an alternative to the method valla book, did you find the information?
I just tried this method and lime seems little or most used, the water washing is always offered with the other techniques to milionnaires but lime ???
The water washing seems to be the only credible at present and especially the most accessible and cheapest. It is this method that was used there over 30 years in new zealand on farms that produced biogas fuel and also in India at present. But why lime is no longer there, mystery! single (almost) chatelot has a different opinion but aid us!
please
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/04/16, 09:23

mandrieu wrote:In his book, valla speaks of an improvement which is to desorb the methane co2 but little by lowering the pressure, but not so low that only the co2 and some methane is desorbed

it does not work the disolution is proportional to the pressure for 2 gas ... there simply has a different solubility

with limestone or lime is not a proportionate dissolution pressure, it is a chemical reaction that absorbs much C02 we want with a low dissolution in water since we do not put pressure

in case it is even cooked in a lime wood fireplace, it's good if lime limestone is pure, and it can make hydraulic lime if the clay limestone is: the problem is that lime hydraulic hardened in water such as cement mouth so all solution, do not use lime solid but well diluted whitewash

is mixed with water and lime in an external tank, and pumped water from the tray to an absorber of the same type of valla except there is no need to pressure ... if lime has misfortune to be hydraulic, it will harden the tank bottom which is not a problem

in the absorber, no need to put a trim piece of pipe cut: limestone gravel it will be even easier
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 04/04/16, 23:30

For this story désorbage only the CO2, it seems that the process exists and is often used, they call ca flash tank (http://ohioline.osu.edu/factsheet/AEX-653.1-14 for example). There are many internet information with these keywords. The column is 4 bars.

Or more specifically, how to go about the lime?
- Or find limestone, what purity? how to control it?
- What type of stove to make lime, how to build it?
- And how much lime?
- What volume / column size to purify?
- Do you have examples on the internet?

I find that plastic pieces are lighter than limestone gravel and therefore simpler to implement but hey, you have to do, valla made them easily with a small mill plant.
It's true that it's tempting lime but for now it is not practical compared to proto valla giving all dimensions and required materials, I confess, chatelot, I count on you !!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/04/16, 17:08

it is not necessary to manufacture lime ... I see quicklime is fairly low price in the store gamm green next to an agricultural cooperative

I prefer quicklime slaked lime has often already more or less turned into limestone powder by absorbing air CO2 ... quicklime does not absorb CO2 before being extinguished by the water, doubling its volume and weight are: if a lime bag absobe moisture it cracks

practical conclusion quicklime can be 2 times more expensive per kg than the slaked lime for the same cost

for the size of absorbing ... the same size as the absorber has enough water widely and without pressure which simplifies considerably the realization!

pressure grows to use a tube of small diameter high pressure ... without it is more practical to make the absorber larger diameter and less high: plastic container with lid genre

to wet the entire pad would suffice but a low flow is hard to start well: it is convenient to make a too big flow with intermitant pump operation: Machine drain pump washing

to calculate the lime consumption measurements, simply write the equation and calculation using the molar mass ... but I'm busy with the development of electric incubator for geese ... and now it works, it's still more work to take care of the goslings ... 3eme brood is hatching and I launched a week in several incubator
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 06/04/16, 21:52

I'm not a chemist but in the end it should in theory the amount of lime (numbers of molecules?) To delete x molecules CO2?
I read the post about Dr. Laigret, interesting but ultimately with a biogas scrubber not need a lab 4 class!
Everyone, if you have the 1ere material as Laigret elsewhere, albeit with a lower efficiency, can produce its almost pure methane!
It takes many heads but Did we not a great thing anyway, old and already experienced, now within the reach of all with this book? Already improved looms with the idea of ​​Chatelot but even without that, valla rolls with shit as he said in his initial document.
What kills me the most is that I have not started building!
Go chemists, an idea for lime?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/04/16, 21:59

Shit, it's the future! Warning, the message has a double meaning and is not the result of chance! 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 14/04/16, 21:53

It is on that is the future, but despite the appalling amounts there will not be for everyone!
In short I begin to find out to build the digester, I think I'll do as valla but a tad smaller, kind 2 30m3 times. by against the construction method is not well explained and I think to hire a mason as he advises.
In the scrubber, it still lacks too much info on the lime method and valla system seems not to be so complicated. I think improving the scrubber as he proposes, for that matter directly better. It offers among other things a broader base stock to lose a little less methane.
But if the goslings chatelot left alone, I'm always listening ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/04/16, 09:24

I do not like the wine valla

problem of waterproofing of the tarpaulin stuck in a profile: it is waterproof when everything is new and clean, but we must dismount at every load that does not seem sustainable to me

I prefer a hydraulic closure: a gully that runs around the tank, of deep 50cm, filled with water, and the tarpaulin soaking in, currently are no precise dimension respercter was no possible escape even if it is dirty

Another remark, I prefer a indepandante tarpaulin for each tank, which measures the volume produced by each vessel, and whether it's time to empty it

this batch system requires a lot of work to empty the tank: it is good for a farmer who is already equipped to handle its manure ... I prefer the diluted system, or tank containing a liquid product well, it has not no need to open them, it works almost alone, and is a production of usable without regular gas storage

discontinuous system with good gas storage system is essential
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 15/04/16, 22:36

actually there are 2 systems and gutter profile.
I think if we make a gutter, you need a solid bell as cover or he must secure the tarp because it will raise quickly with gas production. Valla tarpaulins 2, 1 by tank but nothing prevents to make gutters for each tank.
I inquired among designers and system that uses valla is fairly common, it is indeed necessary to wash the profile before closing.
The ongoing problem is to have the liquid or poresque, it means mill, and more food is needed every day or almost for regular production. In the end it is also the farmer gear to fill the digester.
Buried in valla tanks are super simple to complete, the problem is to empty! He speaks of a crane, I have seen it in the book of Lagrange. I think this is a good solution (if no backhoe ...)
When you have 2 tanks or more, the gas is almost as steady as it is continuous! In addition to continuously, there's work every day to fill!
Frankly, it's been long since I cogitate the valla system is what we can do more simple, just choose the locking system. The gutter looks attractive and I had thought about but difficult to make a choice. negative gutter, more concrete, more difficult to build and ??
0 x