UFC: "French-style" biofuels criticized

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

UFC: "French-style" biofuels criticized

by jean63 » 10/01/07, 14:16

The UFC Que choise declares itself against E85 biofuels "à la Française":

link

and this is how a so-called good idea becomes a bad solution : Lol:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/01/07, 19:59

The coup of importing Brazilian ethanol is limit-limit anyway ... :?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/01/07, 20:57

Yes for once their solution is not better.

They had better authorize the HVB made in France in diesel engines !! What do you think Bucheron?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/01/07, 21:16

jean63 wrote:Yes for once their solution is not better.

They had better authorize the HVB made in France in diesel engines !! What do you think Bucheron?
Yes, even if it can only work easily with a number of vehicles which will decrease and which are not at the top of the latest pollution standards, it is still bio-fuel that has the best ratio energy required for production / energy recoverable by combustion...

In any case, the future of bio-fuel is BTL ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/07, 21:59

Perfectly .... 5% of HBV in 100% of GO distributed in France is better than 100% of E85 in 0.0001% of vehicles ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/01/07, 22:18

........ what is BTL?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 11/01/07, 10:07

jean63 wrote:

........ what is BTL?

Bed Toi Lth ass : Mrgreen: in other words, step or pedal.

Is that Bucheron?
Am i good?
Am i good?

: Lol: : Lol:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 11/01/07, 10:09

Woodcutter wrote:The coup of importing Brazilian ethanol is limit-limit anyway ... :?

From an economic point of view, indeed, it is borderline (even downright nasty).
The UFC has more of a purely economic vision aimed at defending the consumer's portfolio before defending the ecosystem.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 11/01/07, 14:45

Heard of the pb of bio fuels on the JT 13h of FR2.

Summary :

1 - the E85 is anything since managed by the oil companies that will distrubuer it.

2 - The HVB is now authorized for farmers and garbage trucks in Villeneuve s / Lot (and the others .....), but a tax is applied (not the TIPP). Thanks to this famous tax, the price of a liter of HVB comes down to 1 euro; the mayor of Villeneuve wonders if they will continue to use it (same price as diesel at the pump !!) while there are several thousands of hectares fallow in the southwest which would allow planting of sunflower and produce a lot of HVB for tractors and trucks.

The undeniable advantage is that there is no intermediary between the sunflower field and the tank except the farmer's press (and that they don't like ..... money pumps)

It is disgusting to see how politicians are dead ends. What N. Hulot says in his text, I suppose it is out of the question. They really beat around the bush by playing on the ignorance of the majority of people who confuse gasoline and diesel, ethanol and HVB (starting with journalists who often tell salads).

For once, it was very clear: to see and listen on www.france2.fr (left column: JT => click then 13 p.m. newspaper of 11.01.2007)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/01/07, 16:25

jean63 wrote:
........ what is BTL?
"Biomass-To-Liquid"is a set of processes making it possible to recover all of the biomass, a large part of which is lignocellulosic, to produce fuels from plants.
It can be very interesting because some plants (which by the way are extremely invasive here) manage to make around 15 tonnes of dry matter per ha per year.
From a rational consumption perspective, this can allow a fairly large independence from fossil hydrocarbons.

jean63 wrote:Heard of the pb of bio fuels on the JT 13h of FR2.

Summary :

1 - the E85 is anything since managed by the oil companies that will distrubuer it.
Pout... :?
Fallacious argument in my opinion, it is on the verge of the intention trial and that does not change the fact that the base is renewable!

jean63 wrote:2 - The HVB is now authorized for farmers and garbage trucks in Villeneuve s / Lot (and the others .....), but a tax is applied (not the TIPP). Thanks to this famous tax, the price of a liter of HVB comes down to 1 euro; the mayor of Villeneuve wonders if they will continue to use it (same price as diesel at the pump !!) while there are several thousands of hectares fallow in the southwest which would allow planting of sunflower and produce a lot of HVB for tractors and trucks.
The HVB is authorized on an experimental basis for local authorities, in vehicles which are not dedicated to the transport of people, and within the framework of a contract concluded with the prefecture I believe.
Extract of Motor-Nature :
[...] as from January 1, 2007, the local communities which are interested in the consumption of PVH in their vehicles could be authorized there, on an experimental basis. A dozen communities are already interested, but beware, authorization cannot be issued for vehicles that do not serve the transportation of people (we wonder why). This authorization will then not be granted by a handshake, nor by a phone call, but by the signing of a protocol with the state. [...]

Regarding Cahuzac's interrogation, where do you get this info?
It seemed to me that he was quite interested in the "local production" and "renewable energy" side ...

jean63 wrote:What N. Hulot says in his text, I suppose it is out of the question.
He does not go into this level of detail and speaks of renewable energies as a whole as a "diverse energy mix"that must be developed according to regions, climatic conditions and local resources.
He insists much more on the necessary moderation of our consumption, which he is entirely right ...
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."