Ethanol conversion kits against the law

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Moulaert
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ethanol conversion kits against the law

by Moulaert » 25/07/07, 13:37

Hello,
We are more and more numerous to equip our petrol cars with SuperEthanol conversion kits (E85).
If I refer to the kit I use, everything works perfectly. The box has the CE approval which means that it is in the European standards (for example in the case of radio emissions (interference).
But, I would like to know about my car. What exactly does the law say about these kits? Is it clearly authorized, forbidden, or rather (as I believe it) we are in a gray area (not allowed but not really forbidden). Would anyone have the answer or can tell me who to contact (perhaps the DRIRE?) To clarify this point?
To my knowledge, the original FlexFuel vehicles have a registration card Energy = ES (Petrol) ie. Ethanol bicarburation is not referenced as is for example the case of LPG vehicles that have Energy = EG (Gas Gas).
What I want to understand is what would be the procedure for registering a FlexFuel kit and be sure to be 100% legal once installed in a car. Would it be a car model approval, or an overall approval after a test on a car or a panel of a few cars? In short, any info (even partial) that you can have on the subject will be welcome. Thank you.
0 x