Elephant grass Miscanthus giganteus JT

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 02/02/11, 20:26

antoinet111 wrote:1 / on the rest I'm not strong in calculation so I do not look, despite everything, I do not think he's losing.

2 / By the way, willow needs much more water and nutrients than miscanthus (C4 plant plus carbon yield).

3 / the fact that it can grow on polluted soil is only secondary, I do not know any producer who uses polluted soils.

1 / I admit that I put quotes on win / lose. All my training is based on agriculture and this had to be almost reduced to a skin of grief to provide good data on real agriculture well "thought out".
What I see is a little: "it's fashion", "we make a lot of money with little energy (vehicles, treatments, fertilizers ... etc ...)" "if they say it is what it is true ". But for how long, because once again the product is different but the substance is identical so the result will quickly be found in everything we currently find in agriculture.

2 / We know that the carbon yield is skewed: a plant cannot be "competitive" (sorry for the stupid term but hey .... :? ) that if the benefits of its photosynthesis surpasses the others: example: a plant in C4 (miscanthus for example) tolerates higher temperatures and conditions more arid than a plant in C3 (such as willow). Conversely these same plants in C4 can not be conccurential to a plant in C3 at a temperature below 25 ° C ... Now I made a simple calculation easy to redo can be with other data (can to be that those found are not good :?: ), always is that, I see that it is not interesting for a person who wants to make his heating fuel: not profitable. And that we are here on a production on the short term (idem that the whole of agriculture) with an energy cost certainly less important than other productions but which remains in the same optics: unique production for the short term. .. again I may be missing data to have a correct judgment :?: .

3 / You do not know any producer who uses polluted soil ... hum! This is badly sought, the majority of farmers cultivate on depleted soil and more polluted (some pollutant elements added by the farmer are found several years in the water table because they have difficulty going down). The majority of cultivated soils are polluted hence the interest of cultivating this plant, but looking well I am sure that we can find better ... ;-)
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 02/02/11, 21:05

Corpse Grinder 666 wrote:example: a plant in C4 (miscanthus for example) tolerates higher temperatures and more arid conditions than a plant in C3 (such as willow). Conversely, these same plants in C4 can not be conccurential to a plant in C3 at a temperature below 25 ° C ...

Thank you for this exchange, I was stopped by these codes: C3, C4.

I found this: http://ead.univ-angers.fr/~jaspard/Page ... 3C4CAM.pdf

Thank you for allowing me this personal discovery!
0 x
See you soon !
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 02/02/11, 21:55

not on for the temperature, in the Finistére where the temperatures can rise above 25 ° C (I do not have my curves of the weather station on this PC) the Corn (C4) at all the same a Rdt / velocity of growth more high than all other plants grown for the same use at this temperature.

As for my producers, I take care of 350ha for 29 producers this year, and as I do everything to prevent them from spreading sludge or sewage compost and that in my production I must have a soil really "top", I have no known polluted soil.
but hey, an earth analysis does not give everything.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 03/02/11, 11:24

and pesticides or herbicides are excluded from Finisterian farmland? :?:
Then the analysis depends on:
I explain there are soil tests to check the rate of products X or Y, but there are also microbial life analyzes: the 2 separated are interesting only for what they bring each of their side and not for an overall state .... ;-)
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 04/02/11, 14:42

Corpse Grinder 666 wrote:and pesticides or herbicides are excluded from Finisterian farmland? :?:

when we talk about polluted land it is generally by industrial products, not pesticides or authorized herbicides or they are.
because their degradation is generally faster.

Then the analysis depends on:
I explain there are soil tests to check the rate of products X or Y, but there are also microbial life analyzes: the 2 separated are interesting only for what they bring each of their side and not for an overall state .... ;-)

generally most providers do everything at the same time, complex analysis, chemical equilibrium, ph / chemical analysis, oligo, biological activity and equilibrium ratios.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 09/01/16, 21:01

The miscanthus-energy market in France in 2016

Posted by Frédéric DOUARD the January 4 2016

The miscanthus, this reed commonly called elephant grass, is now cultivated in France on nearly 4000 ha.

This very young sector, with its 60 000 tonnes of annual production, supplies, among other outlets, about twenty boiler houses. However, it is still a culture that questions because it does not work like other crops and because it does not yet have a national marketing network. Beside that, miscanthus can be used in several markets in mulching, litter and eco-materials, but we are going to talk here essentially about energy markets.

http://www.bioenergie-promotion.fr/4457 ... e-en-2016/
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."