Elephant grass Miscanthus giganteus JT

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/07, 16:36

Woodcutter wrote:It works ! I have buddy pals to Bouillon ... : Mrgreen:

Well, when do you see them (and therefore us)?

:)

Otherwise I give the info on Miscanthus day:

ValBiom organizes on Wednesday 7 November in Gembloux its 4ème Rencontres de la Biomasse entitled:

What resources for tomorrow's biofuels?

The morning will be devoted to a presentation of the state of the wood energy sector in the Walloon Region and to alternative sources of biomass including miscanthus or coppices with very short rotation.

Presentations on the manufacture of agro-pellets, on the quality criteria of solid biofuels and on the specificities of biomass heaters will be offered in the afternoon. The day will end with a round table animated by Walloon and foreign actors intervening at the different levels of these new sectors.

To receive your invitation: info@valbiom.be or 081 62 71 42

http://www.valbiom.be/accueil/index.html
0 x
tpe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tpe » 12/10/07, 20:30

Hello everybody!
We are in 1ères S and for the TPE we chose as subject: the elephant grass. Would anyone know how to get a sample? And where are the producers in France? Is there any in the Pays-de-la-Loire region?
Please help us! thank you in advance
0 x
Shai'ullud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Shai'ullud » 12/10/07, 21:23

I had seen a report on this plant and from an ethical point of view, I prefer to make ethanol with this big "stuffer" rather than with corn by starving countries like mexico following the increases that it causes .

The burn once dry is also better than what a local farmer does: he has a boiler that works by burning his surplus wheat : Shock: I dare not even imagine the reaction of a little guy starving in Africa who read this! :x
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/07, 12:43

Toutafé Z, I think we must distinguish 2 facts:

a) The financial-capitalistic drift of biofuels on feed grain prices that is a shame! Pkoi the price of European or South American corn should be defined by the Chicago stock exchange ????

b) Biofuels and hunger in the world ... we must rather ask the following question: "Do the cereals that do not go in a boiler or are not transformed into ethanol go in the stomachs of those who have hunger?"

You know the answer as well as me ... hunger in the world surely did not appear that biofuels ...

Otherwise we have just received the invitation card for the miscanthus day: https://www.econologie.com/forums/journee-co ... t3996.html
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 13/10/07, 22:41

And when there is too much production, we destroy the surpluses to maintain the courses rather than sending the surplus to those who are hungry ...

It will be necessary to switch to the external combustion engine to mitigate the pollution problem of the internal combustion engine. Any fuel, including elephant grass, may be usable.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/04/08, 12:29

I planted my 1er plant yesterday for those interested: https://www.econologie.com/forums/suivi-de-l ... t5256.html
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/04/08, 19:56

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/04/08, 16:22

When it was considered to be burning cereals, there was + or - the idea of ​​using annual stocks that are declared unsuitable (mico-toxins) for human and animal consumption (and which are destroyed anyway) .
Then that of allowing the cultivation on fallows (thus without effect on the surfaces cultivated) for purposes of self-consumption by the farmer.
The rise in grain prices has closed the debate by making the operation unattractive financially.
Finally, the decline in global stocks buried the project for good.
As we can see, as in many areas, short-term and fluctuating options have been favored.
Even if, in the first case it was an interesting step, I think that the risks of excesses were obvious and that, more fundamentally, considering the symbolism attached to the wheat it was extremely shocking.
Regarding the food crisis I posted some comments on the post: "grain crisis".
0 x
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 01/05/08, 09:28

Christophe wrote:I planted my 1er plant yesterday for those interested: https://www.econologie.com/forums/suivi-de-l ... t5256.html

the ca m'interesse !!!

By cons from what I know the myscanthus is produced in England and Total has bought all the plans and multiplied the price by two (a big boiler fitter in my area)

So if there is a way to get it it interests me my house is along a river : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/05/08, 12:14

Bical is actually an English company.

But they grow good miscanthus in France.

It is not the oil companies that have bought but the cement plants that have a virtual monopoly on the culture in France. It's better than burning gas?

And no lobby will stop you from planting it in your garden. But beware, a plan does not give more than the equivalent of one L of oil per year. And it takes about a space of 1 m between each plane.

So a ha gives, at best, 10 000L fuel equivalent ...
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."