Elephant grass Miscanthus giganteus JT

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 28/08/07, 16:09

At the House of Energy,
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post57090.html#57090
there were Miscanthus Giganteus. This energy plant close to wood, would not be a danger for proliferation.
The plans they had were sterile and only reproduced by cuttings or layering.
So an invasive extension limited to the periphery of the plants.
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 29/08/07, 00:04

This energy plant close to the wood

If you do not want to make a film, this plant does not
no logs. : Lol:

It is true that it has a remarkable development but
I have indicated it, it needs fertilizer (a lot) and water.

I'm not convinced that this plant is so green that it
if you want to get warm with.More it is not with one or 2
plants that can be expected to heat up all winter.
will not even keep a day.

I believe that if you want to be ecolo and have an energy vision
The best solution would be to leave the cuts to
white fallow and to collect the wood of the regrowths that
10 years later .L interest would be to have a rich biodiversity
and to be able to harvest young trees that would be explotable
in the form of chips.The animals greatly appreciate the
young plantations consist of various species.
It was only a small reflection in passing.
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 29/08/07, 08:34

Hello,

I do not know if elephant grass is good for sanitizing wastewater but there is an effective plant for this kind of purification and you all know it!
It's just bamboo!
Here is a text that I recovered on the site www.madacapentreprises.com

"Autonomous sanitation:

Bamboo, a process for purifying water without waste

A bamboo that cleans the water, without producing any waste, is used in a new purification process presented at the International Pollutec Show.

In the entanglement of bamboo roots, a micro-fauna (worms, small shells) mineralizes the pollution of wastewater, which is then removed by the stem of the plant. All the waste water, spread in the bamboo plantation, is thus absorbed. The purification process using these bamboos can be used alone or in addition to other purification systems. It has been experimented in Miramas (Bouches-du-Rhône) and several projects are underway, with communities, owners of wineries and agro-food industries. Two communes of the Hautes-Alpes, Chorges and Prunières, allied themselves to build a purification station using the process of the reed filters (sealed tanks at the bottom of which develop bacteria that rid the water of its organic matter, and which are oxygenated by reeds).
To absorb the water rejected by this station, the two municipalities have decided to use bamboo. The authorities "have given us the imperative to have a minimum of discharge and especially in summer", where a nearby lake welcomes bathers, explains the president of the Chorges-Prunières intercommunal union, Sophie Rommens. The bamboo plantation, whose construction should begin in spring 2005, should cover 6.400 m2 at a cost of some 37.000 euros, she said. The process using bamboo sanitizer was validated by the Water Agency in November, which allows customers to obtain subsidies. However, this technology requires sufficiently large surfaces to accommodate a bamboo grove: it takes at least one hectare for two thousand inhabitants. But "it is clearly less than for spreading or lagooning". Purification does not yet concern all types of pollution, such as hydrocarbons

. Bamboo trees have an aesthetic advantage over conventional wastewater treatment plants. In addition, the technology makes it possible to recycle bamboo: once it has finished growing, the plant, which can reach up to 20 m, is less efficient at cleaning up. It is then cut, and its wood can then be used to make slats or panels. "

Maybe you know this site and maybe there has already been a subject about these bamboos? if it is HS tell me and I would create a specific subject on it.

The link:

http://madacapentreprises.com/default.aspx
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 05/09/07, 10:28

(Petit HS) concerning plants to make pellets:
There is one that should live up to expectations (in terms of yield) it is the so-called "wild" beet (not to be confused with the so-called "mounted" beet), in fact there is a variety of beet carrier. seeds cultivated mainly in Spain for the production of sugar beet seeds and fodder and among these varieties there are so-called "wild" which are considered by planters as real weeds very difficult to eliminate by current herbicides because of the same species and composition.
This plant has several advantages:
1 ° it is annual.
2 ° it grows even in poor soils and deficient in water.
3 ° it can push up to 2 meters in height.
4 ° by letting it ripen the seeds fall to the ground by the action of wind and rain so the plots are automatically reimplanted.
5 ° the feet of this plant once dry have the appearance and almost equivalence to wood (very difficult to cut and harvest manually).
and lastly 6 °: the yields / ha should be in a range of 3 to 6 or 7 tons for 1 year of production.
to meditate...
: Idea:
(end of HS)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/07, 11:25

For A2E:

1) Yes the filtering plants is a little HS : Mrgreen: and you can create a specific subject if it does not already exist?

2) No pellet plants it's not HS : Mrgreen:

3) When you take text from elsewhere, could you use the "QUOTE" tag there I corrected your post but for the other times, otherwise we don't know who is saying what :)

4) Link to see about miscanthus: https://www.econologie.com/forums/journee-co ... t3996.html
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 05/09/07, 12:41

OKAY ! I will strive in the future to do things properly! : Cheesy:
As for pellet plants: this is my text that I did not take elsewhere because I did this experiment (despite myself) there are twenty years. :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/07, 14:39

Yes that's why I didn't "quote" him :)

We notice quite quickly when a text is copied / pasted or not.

It is especially to facilitate reading that it is good to use the "Quote" function.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/09/07, 16:45

Rabbit wrote:[..] Moreover, it requires a land rich in matter
organic . Apart from eliminating manure of all kinds, I do not
I am not convinced that this is the panacee.
Well here is a nice idea! Slurry removal and production of
biomass at the same time ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/09/07, 16:48

Christophe wrote:[...] 2) With the ax? I am going to invite Bucheron then during the harvests :)

: Cheesy:

3) Ok and thank you for the cuttings, April-May it seems perfect for planting according to the .pdf.

Just tell me in which corner of BE you are (privately if you do not want to say it in public). Unless you want to go to the country of Bouillon?
[...])
It works ! I have buddy pals to Bouillon ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/09/07, 16:50

Christophe wrote:[...] Regarding the "aggressiveness" of the plant, I don't think it is very important, Rabbit uses it as a "hedge" so ... what do you think rabbit?
Mistrust anyway with that! See the example of the Japanese Knotweed, much more talkative than the caulerpe for the terrestrial environment ...
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."