Guyana for bioethanol?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Cayenne51
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Guyana for bioethanol?

by Cayenne51 » 10/12/07, 19:05

Hello

Deforestation for bioethanol is better than petroleum! ...
Hydrogen is not practical for vectors ...
Ammonia is industrial ...
Bioethanol is the best! ...

Sugar cane produces 5.000 liters of bioethanol / ha!
Guyana is a region of 86.504 km2 in area.
With 4/8 million hectares it can produce 20 million
tonnes of bioethanol per year.
With the Fuel Cells is 40 million oil equivalent! ..
With Fuel Cells bioethanol surpasses petroleum ...
French consumption of automotive fuels in 2004 = 15,5 million tonnes.

monthly precipitation

http://www.lagons-plages.com/temperatur ... ne-22.html

It is a tropical region!

France has a magnificent bioethanol well and Paris can give up the gas mask ...

It's possible?...
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 10/12/07, 23:06

Illusory and very dangerous: deforestation is to be avoided at all costs because the soils of Guyana and all of the Amazon, moreover, are clay with a very thin layer of soil which is exhausted in only 2-3 years and erosion is monstrous because of the heavy rainfall: you only have to see the ecological disaster of Brazil to understand ...
Bio-ethanol yes, but moderately and using non-food plants in less fragile regions ...
In any case, bio-ethanol cannot replace petroleum, or else we no longer eat ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Cayenne51
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cayenne51 » 11/12/07, 00:03

Hello

French Guiana is plain ... almost everywhere ...

A few calculations

Area of ​​Brazil = 8 kmq

Area of ​​Brazil / 8 = 1 kmq = 000 hectares

Sugar cane produces 5 t./ha of bioethanol.

100 ha * 000 t./ha = 000 t. !

It is 1 billion tonnes of oil equivalent for vectors if bioethanol is used with fuel cells ...
Deforestation is not much ...
That's enough for 4 billion French ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/07, 00:51

Quite the Cayenne reasoning: we shave everything and we plant :)

But you also forget a small detail: how much oil (or rather gray energy) is needed to produce 1 ton of ethanol?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/12/07, 03:04

to shave the forest to plant sugar cane everywhere: it is really scabrous if it does not succeed in the long term: it is a blow to end up with a desert

for months all the plants have roughly the same energy yield: if it is the forest that grows best in Guyana: exploit the forest: the forest also makes energy: do not let the wood rot like that occurs in a wild forest: it is necessary to cut and replant gradually: there is as much to gain as with sugar cane: except that wood is a material with double effect: it is used once as building materials or packaging: and a second time with fuel or fuel

finally when i say it serves 2 times, it could serve 2 times if we were better organized

that said if there is a good surface in guyana to make sugar cane it would be a shame not to do it but i don't think that is the silver bullet
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/12/07, 03:17

other remark: rather than to shave forests which function and which it is enough to exploit correctly: cultivate the deserts: even if it is necessary to build nuclear power plants to desalinate and pump water: the at least there is no risk of destroy, we can only improve

when I say irrigate with nuclear power plants, if it is with solar energy it is not worse but it is not essential, because a large scale irrigation and planting can change the climate of a continent and to draw rain definitively on a desert: irrigation is therefore not definitely necessary

if you have to play the sorcerer's apprentice you have to do it by building and not by destroying
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 11/12/07, 10:00

Cayenne51 wrote:Hello

French Guiana is plain ... almost everywhere ...

Instead of doing calculations without head or tail, so take geomorphology lessons to understand the finer points of the thalweg :x
and also meteorology because the tropical forest generates its own climate: rain several times a day, but without forest, more rain, except for very violent rare: you would transform Guyana into a vast ravine desert.
Go and see in Central Australia what "your" Guyana would be like in no time : Evil:
0 x
Cayenne51
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cayenne51 » 11/12/07, 12:22

Hello

The desert is impossible in Guyana because the trade winds are perpendicular during the rainy season.
Maybe it rains less during the dry season ...

It is a superb bioethanol well in Guyana!

Bioethanol is the best with fuel cell! ...

The area of ​​Guyana / 4 = 2 hectares

5 t./ha * 2 ha = 000 t. per year !

10 million tonnes of bioethanol with fuel cells are 20 million tonnes of oil equivalent!

Merry Christmas !
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 11/12/07, 15:31

You should never hold back farts, because otherwise the gases go up along the spine to the brain, this is how ideas of SHIT are born : Mrgreen:

Stupidity is a bottomless pit ... too bad it doesn't burn ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/12/07, 18:06

:?: cayenne51

What do you mean by "vectors"?

What "fuels cells" are you referring to?

Otherwise, I joined chatelot16 (16 ... a charentais?) I would prefer that we build in the desert by irrigating with solar power plants (cheaper, more profitable, reliable and quick to implement than nuclear), rather than razing primary forests and destroying the entire ecosystem they contain ... : Arrowl:

The carbon sinks of forests are shrinking. It is therefore urgent to halt the progression of deserts, a progression that is accelerating! : Cry:
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."