replacing SP98

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
ange
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ange » 12/10/05, 17:32

Ethanol (30%) + Toluene (70%)

Melange used in the 70 year for F1 turbo
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/05, 17:44

The tuluene is an aromatic very dangerous ... It allows a very strong octane power but burns very hard.
On engine pushed F1 yes maybe (even if there are no antipollution standards) ... but not on the mainstream engine ...

I do not know the composition of current fuels F1 but the price at L is around 8 €. (or TIPP / TIC obviously :P )
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 12/10/05, 18:58

Hello,
Stop talking about toluene
Lastly, I am going to court of labor, testified for a worker who had a very serious illness in the blood, to have worked several years in toluene, the lawyer of the company went out of his way to make sure that this was not toluene, my testimony was to prove that it was toluene, it was written on the barrels, but must believe that I am not a chemist ....
I have seen all the analyzes of this product which is used among other things for paint thinner, it is an insidious poison that is manifested long after having been exposed to see from 5 to 10 without it coming out of the body. I do not know the standards at home but here toluene is classified as dangerous. At the time when it was used it was not classified, fortunately exchange standards. (WHMIS)
Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 12/10/05, 19:36

Hello
sorry angel in 1970 there was no turbo !!!
and the mixture was methanol, toluene, afgas in different proportion according to the mood or the beliefs of the preparer.
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 12/10/05, 21:29

Indeed, it is part of the crap that I manipulated during my thesis and following a serious poisoning with solvents, it was necessary that I fight (almost literally) in order to obtain gloves and masks of protection.

Toluene is very dangerous in contact with the skin and inhaled ... In short to avoid ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/05, 21:36

Yeah also told me that it was rather methanol than ethanol ... it seemed more logical ...

For the toluene I remember using it to clean Sponge Heliography Rolls with during 1 summer job ... seems to me that I had gloves ... but that's all ...

ps: angel will feel slightly assaulted (e?) the ... we are not very nice with the new!
0 x
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 11/11/05, 00:54

former oceanic wrote:

Toluene is very dangerous in contact with the skin and inhaled ... In short to avoid ...

I still remember some people who have been "gassed" in the paint labs after forgetting the start of ventilation ... things have changed fortunately fortunately both in terms of safety and security. new paint products (water paints in particular)

veiled voilou :P
0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)
... ______
... / ______ \
. (00 00 = H =)
..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."