Renewable hydrogen thanks to Dc LAIGRET

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Renewable hydrogen thanks to Dc LAIGRET

by C moa » 08/05/19, 14:57

Hello everybody
It's been a long time since I came on the forummore for lack of time than for lack of desire. I do not doubt that he is always dynamic and interesting. I have inspired myself freely in recent years: I set up since a mini garden lazy and mini aquaponics in my garden (3 m² / 2 kg trout ...).

I especially mounted a project on the basis of the work of Dc LAIGRET and I am very happy to announce that it works !!

Since this is where everything started (there is more than 10 years, it does not rejuvenate us!), I give you some info in (almost) preview:

That's more than 3 years that I'm working with a doctor in microbiology. Since 2 years we are accompanied / hosted by the laboratory of IMT Atlantic where we conduct our experiments and we have excellent results.

Well, we do not use the same bacteria (it can not be found) or the same inputs, nor the same method ... and therefore we do not produce crude oil but I think you'll be interested to know that we produce oil. hydrogen completely carbon-free, renewable and relocatable from the effluents that should.
Production potentials are important, bacteria work well and quickly. These are our results:
- Start time of the process: A few hours;
- Biogas production: 80% in less than a week;
- Hydrogen concentration: 90%.

We still have a lot of work to do on an industrial scale but we are confident that by 3 years we will have all it takes to build an industrial pilot capable of producing 1 t of hydrogen per day.

I do not tell you more for the moment, I guess you have questions.

Have a lovely day everybody,
2 x
It is difficult to single !!!
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hydrogen renewable thanks to Dc LAIGRET

by sicetaitsimple » 08/05/19, 15:13

C moa wrote:I do not tell you more for the moment, I guess you have questions.

Yes, what is the outline of the process?
PS: I saw the claims of the patent of Dr. Laigret (death in 1966), but as most often it says absolutely nothing about the practical way it works.
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 08/05/19, 15:21

We take sewage or industrial process water loaded with organic matter and culture in our bacterium. It is given a small booster (a metabolic precursor) and the bacteria colony grows and produces compound gas at 90% hydrogen and 10% CO2.

The industrial water can be cooking water for industrial caterers, a dairy washing water, non-consumable blood from screeds (to be tested), process water from pulp mills (to be tested as well) .
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 08/05/19, 15:45

Super interesting, I hope you can say more soon.
I look forward.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/05/19, 15:51

C moa wrote:We take sewage or industrial process water loaded with organic matter and culture in our bacterium. It is given a small booster (a metabolic precursor) and the bacteria colony grows and produces compound gas at 90% hydrogen and 10% CO2.

The industrial water can be cooking water for industrial caterers, a dairy washing water, non-consumable blood from screeds (to be tested), process water from pulp mills (to be tested as well) .

So more a process of water pollution control (industrial, agro-alimentary, even domestic) with limited production in volume of hydrogen that a process focused on the production of energy?
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 08/05/19, 15:58

Initially our goal was to produce hydrogen but we realized that it was actually a way to purify wastewater so let's say we will do both. This will allow the elimination of energy intensive items such as bubbling in activated sludge WWTPs.

In terms of performance, we still have work to speed up and optimize the conversion but say that the volumes will depend on the availability of inputs. As today they are available in industrial quantities, one can imagine a quantity of industrial production also.

We imagine producing 100 000 t of hydrogen per year over time.
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 08/05/19, 16:00

phil53 wrote:Super interesting, I hope you can say more soon.
I look forward.

Don't hesitate to ask questions because I'm not sure what might interest you. There is not much "that I have to hide".
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/05/19, 16:10

And what are the advantages compared to "classic" methanation?
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 08/05/19, 16:20

sicetaitsimple wrote:And what are the advantages compared to "classic" methanation?

I would say that we are not competing with anaerobic digestion, they are two complementary processes. To be honest, we think we can recover the waste from anaerobic digestion to make our hydrogen. you still have to test that but it's in the pipes.

Otherwise, in terms of difference / benefit let's say the following things:
1- We use waste or effluent that nobody wants and that can not go into anaerobic digestion;
2- Our process starts in a few hours because we work with a pure strain. Anaerobic digestion uses a bacterial consortium that must find its balance to be optimal. It takes about 1 year for all this to take place (a few months with seeding)
3- We produce our gases in a few days when 30 is needed at 40 days for metha
4- Our biogas is purer since it is pure 90% when an anaerobic digestion is 50 / 60% and above all we do not have pesky products like H2S for example.

Be convinced, however, that I am an advocate of anaerobic digestion.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/05/19, 16:22

C moa wrote:We imagine producing 100 000 t of hydrogen per year over time.

On what perimeter, in other words by treating what and where?
0 x