Recycling of synthetic fuel CO2?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Did67

by Did67 » 11/02/10, 09:57

Christophe wrote:
It is that which the Cracke H2O. exothermic reaction.

Had escaped me last night.

The water of life, if you the crakes is exothermic without doubt (although the human body conosmme more energy démantibuler alcohol than does alcohol, so even that's bullshit ) ... Well water (of life) and crack, it probably heats your ears (and the rest too) ...

But H2O gives H² + 1 / 2 exothermic O²? I'll have am back in my old old chemistry class ... I like doubt, since nverse recation is explosive (very energetic) ... Since it takes electricity to electrolyze water ... Or chlorophyll ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/02/10, 10:02

chatelot16 wrote:
course in torturing a little mind we can consider chlorophyll as a catalyst

It's not changing the commonly accepted definitions that advances science ...

"Normally", as far as I know, chorophyll is not considered to be an enzyme - although the process of reducing CO² by solar energy in the chloroplast involves lots of enzymes ...

But hey suppose! It would then be so much easier to explain that it is an "artificial photosynthesis" or what do I know ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/02/10, 10:08

Christophe wrote:
False, an enzyme can bring energy ... biochemical. This is why it is degraded during the reactions.

Ah ??? I am surprised.

Degrading does not mean bringing in energy.

The enzyme being an organic molecule often quite complex (unlike a "beast" catalyst like palladium), it is normal for it to degrade. It is also the only way for a living organism to "control" biochemical reactions: to synthesize enzymes to start a "production" (according to the genetic code), to destroy them to stop it ...

That the destruction of this enzyme generates a few calories (like the "digestion" of any protein), of course. It is characteristic of metabolism.

Whether this is related to the energy necessary for the synthesis of "what is catalyzed", I very much doubt ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/02/10, 10:14

Breakthrough Process Biocatalytic

Some of the Known Approaches for CO2 to fuel recycling include (1) Direct photolysis qui intense uses light energy to break off the oxygen Atoms in CO2, and (2) chemically Reacting carbon dioxide gas (CO2) with hydrogen gas (H2) to create methane or methanol. Both of These Approaches conventional engineering require huge energy due to high pressure and high temperature chemical processes. For some applications Such As military and space, the high cost of These technologies May be justifiable. HOWEVER, we do not believe thesis Approaches will be economically viable in Creating transportation fuels for global consumption.

By innovating at the intersection of chemical engineering and bio-engineering, we-have Discovered has low energy and highly scalable process to recycle wide quantities of CO2 into gaseous and liquid fuels using organic biocatalysts. The key to our CO2-to-Fuel approach lies in a proprietary multi-step biocatalytic process. Instead of using expensive inorganic Catalysts, Such As zinc, gold or zeolite, with traditional high energy chemical catalytic processes, our process uses inexpensive, renewable biomolecules to catalyze some chemical reactions required to transform CO2 and water (H2O) into fuel molecules. Of greatest significance, our process OCCURS at low temperature and low pressure, thereby Requiring far less energy than --other Approaches.

The energy efficient biocatalytic processes we are exploiting in our technology Actually Occur in certain micro-organisms Where Carbon Atoms, Extracted from CO2, and hydrogen Atoms, Extracted from H2O, are combined to create hydrocarbon molecules. Our breakthrough technology allows processes to operate thesis was very large industrial scale through advance nano-engineering of the biocatalysts and highly efficient process design.

Here is the translation "google improved by bibi":

major breakthrough in biocatalysis

Some of the known approaches for cracking and recycling CO2 are (1) direct photolysis which uses intense light energy to extract oxygen atoms in CO2, and (2) chemically react carbon dioxide (CO2) and hydrogen (H2) to create methane or methanol. Both of these classical technical approaches require great energy due to high pressure and high temperature chemical processes. For some applications such as military and space, the high cost of these technologies is justifiable. However, we do not believe that these approaches will be economically viable for creating "consumer" fuels.

By innovating at the intersection of chemical engineering and bioengineering, we have discovered a low-energy method to recycle large amounts of CO2 using biocatalysts. The key to our method lies in a biocatalytic process. Instead of using expensive inorganic catalysts, such as zinc, gold or zeolite, with traditional high energy chemical catalytic processes, our inexpensive process uses "renewable" biomolecules. They allow certain chemical reactions necessary to transform CO2 and water (H2O) into fuel molecules. Most of our process takes place at low temperature and low pressure, which requires much less energy than the other approaches.

The biocatalytic process (energy efficient) we operate occurs in some organisms where carbon atoms, extracted from CO2 and hydrogen extracted from water, are combined to create hydrocarbon molecules. Our revolutionary technology allows these processes to operate on an industrial scale very big lead thanks to nano-engineering of the biocatalysts and highly efficient

Now remains to see where they really are because the computer graphics that is fine but if this remains to 100% at the stage of ben theory then I too can say I photocatalysée runs on water !! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/02/10, 12:22

Apparently the patent has not yet been issued, the date of info 19 / 02 / 2009, as normal time.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/02/10, 12:29

Moué not think the patent but it's not on there is relevant information in the patent ...

But if they get there by being competitive ca risk upstage a bit today's world there ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/02/10, 14:00

I remain con and I maintain my doubts.

In the "explanations", the passage that the process of reducing carbon from CO² to hydrocarbon in the presence of H² requires a lot of energy due to high temperatures and high pressures is, for me, approximate. It is above all because the reaction requires energy ...

Then do régair CO² with H² is one thing; reacting with CO² H²O is another (oxidation is exothermic H² - even explosive).

So I y'en still not convinced ...
0 x
Ptilu
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ptilu » 11/02/10, 18:23

Lu

this is the rection of water gas:

CO2 + H2 = CO + H2O - 9,4 kcal / mol

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazog%C3%A8ne

the reaction is slightly endothermic, but it is possible to make hydrocarbons by means of carbon monoxide:

Then the reaction Fischer Tropps

CO + 2H2 = CH3OH - 51 kcal / mol

http://crsic.umbb.dz/thermochimie.pdf

Is :

CO2 + 3H2 = H2O + CH3OH - 60kcal / mol

The reaction is well and truly in endothermic!
And we must always produce the hydrogen ...
When catalysis ...?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/02/10, 22:10

Ptilu wrote:
this is the rection of water gas:

CO2 + H2 = CO + H2O - 9,4 kcal / mol

or rather

CO2 H2O + = CO + H2 - 9,4 kcal / mol
0 x
Ptilu
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ptilu » 11/02/10, 23:27

No no, I'm sure of myself.

The reaction we were talking about was hydrocarbon formation using dihydrogen? This equation is not balanced (I think, and it's late to think)
0 x