Remake of the black gold with plastic

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/12/12, 15:35

thank you for this experience ... it makes me want to do my little refinement

do not forget that heating the plastic will not only make condensable product like gasoline or diesel: it will also make non-condensable gas that it would be a shame to lose

but finally gas or liquid all the fuel will be useful
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/12/12, 15:43

The colder your condenser, the less gas you will have at the outlet. more "gasoline" you will recover ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/12/12, 18:49

Macro, could you say a little more about the conditions necessary for this distillation?
Do we need laboratory conditions, or is a "rustic" environment sufficient?
According to you, what kind of preferential job could this kind of fuel have?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/12/12, 19:02

At first, I would be satisfied with the heating or feeding uses of old diesel engines. Not sure modern ultra-regulated engines really appreciate.

Plus, if you stumble on customs, I think he will not like it. : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/12/12, 19:16

I placed myself on a technical and inclusive level: it was an open question ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/12/12, 19:23

With us, thanks to our selective collections, it is relatively easy to "steal" plastic bottles and if I am not mistaken, they are almost all made of PET.

And in France ?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/12/12, 18:31

By rereading myself, I see that I spoke of "fuel" whereas it would have been more judicious to choose the more neutral name of "fuel" ...

I don't know if "PET" is more favorable to this operation than other plastics, but in general, plastics of all kinds are easily found rubbish.
It remains to distinguish between the different categories according to what they can provide as respective distillate ... and here, I am quite ignorant.

There are a lot of videos and information about the distillation of plastics, but it is difficult to sort out those that are plausible and fanciful; in any case, whatever their degree of seriousness, they provide very little useful information.

Of course, making oil out of plastic is just a last resort because these time-limited materials, either by nature or by function, fit perfectly with the current criteria of the devastating economy; and, for example, it is almost impossible to reuse objects made of these materials.

An industrial development of the production of "plastic to oil"would be a significant encouragement to the pursuit of waste on a large scale; from another point of view, in the immediate term, if it helped to decrease the volumes going to landfill and those spilled in nature, it would be a relief.
Note that if this were possible at the individual level, it would have the same impact ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/12/12, 19:00

you are terrible to make this reasoning: it would make up for the lack of waste and thus encourage waste

no and no ... doing nothing does not avoid waste either

since the wasting of plastic material is done, as much to take advantage of it to remake fuel

at home it's simple all plastics without PVC go on fire with wood, at least it's a little heating

in Africa there is no need for heating, so old plastics are useless and pollute everywhere

a process of making fuel with old plastic would give it value all over the world, and would give work to a lot of people to make fuel!

it will also justify going clean the sea ... the current or accumulate floating waste

remains to know the exact method to do it

I have already done my little refinement with a bottle of gas 13kg containing the liquid to distill, in a wood-fired brick fireplace, and with a condenser outlet pipe cooled by water ... it's me allows you to make clean diesel or petrol with the one that is completely dirty by cleaning up the mechanical life

I would be afraid to put some plastic that may be fuel but may make solid deposit good to foul the tank

the solution may be simply to mix the plastic with already liquid oil

I did the same thing to distil dirty oil: I have to stop the distillation before the end so that the rest in the tank is still liquid and easy to empty: conclusion, I added at the beginning of the oil drain, so in the end it remains only the oil and the big dirt, and I recover 100% of my fuel, and sometimes even more than 100% when the old oil decomposes a little
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/12/12, 19:50

Chatelot16, you write:
... since the waste of plastic material is made, as much to take advantage of it to redo fuel.

This is also my position, as you understand it, but I take care not to limit at this stage an analysis, usually truncated, and recognize that it is simply attacking the consequences and not the causes ...
no and no ... doing nothing does not prevent waste either

This is why it is necessary in parallel to avoid ignoring a lucid denunciation of environmental fallacies and not to condone such an operation: the transformation envisaged here could be an opportunity ...

Your distiller has the disadvantage of not opening to extract any solid residues: at the cost of some initial complication, it seems to me a necessity if you want to tackle plastics.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/12/12, 20:07

Ahmed wrote:Your distiller has the disadvantage of not opening to extract any solid residues: at the cost of some initial complication, it seems to me a necessity if you want to tackle plastics.

being able to open is good, but you also have to be able to close in a tight way

I started the tests with a demountable connection between the bottle and the outlet pipes ... when the distillation is finished, I unplug and I empty the bottle by turning it, during which it is still hot ... infernal operation, disguised cosmonaut with big glove

I quickly modernized a little: I added a tube plunging to the bottom of the bottle, allowing to empty it without leaving the home

this tube also allows to measure the level remaining in it ... at the beginning I had to measure the outgoing volume to estimate the remaining volume

with the dip tube, I send gas inside, it buzzes in the liquid, and the pressure allows me to know the height of the liquid

as I am not kamikaze, I do not send air, which would make a detonating mixture ... I send propane

to empty I connect the dip tube to an outlet tank, and I send propane by the coil or condensation ... and it empties the distiller while it is still hot

I say serpentine because it is called like that in a still, but at home the condenser is straight: the steam passes in a straight steel tube, with another tube around or passes cold water: the advantage of this right condenser and to put the exit far from the hearth, to avoid the danger if it leaves the combustible gas ... all the products of the distillation are not necessarily condensable

and he comes out of the weird smell gas

to move in this direction it would take a real chemist to analyze what is needed
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."