Passage to the act, E85 test

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 11/04/08, 06:03

Just for information, currently there is a shortage of milk in France, hence the sharp rise in prices, so it would surprise me that it ends up in the sewers : Lol:
0 x
vassago076
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vassago076 » 11/04/08, 14:46

yes indeed the increase in the quota of the penuri does not date old it dates from this year and even from me last but I remind you that there is still a quota anyway so if we produce too much we throw

http://www.france24.com/fr/20080318-agr ... production

http://www.ouest-france.fr/Quel-avenir- ... _actu.html

and famine in the world it dates since when you can tell me, in any case it does not date from this year :?

and what's happening in the countries right now we're talking about a kilo of rice at 10 euros :| I don't know about you but I have the impression that this price will be lowered as by azard with the drop in the price of petrol finally I may be paranoid who knows :frown:
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 11/04/08, 16:53

vassago076 wrote:and what's happening in the countries right now we're talking about a kilo of rice at 10 euros :| I don't know about you but I have the impression that this price will be lowered as by azard with the drop in the price of petrol finally I may be paranoid who knows :frown:

Don't kid yourself, this is only the beginning of what was announced in the 60s by a certain René Dumont, world-renowned tropical agronomist and early stage ecologist: unbridled demography in developing countries + destruction of natural environments + overexploitation of land leading to accelerated erosion and their impoverishment = scarcity = price increase + famines ...
I fear that unfortunately it is not only related to the price of oil ... :?
0 x
vassago076
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vassago076 » 11/04/08, 18:41

maybe, unfortunately we can only note and hope that things will improve :?
0 x
vassago076
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vassago076 » 16/05/08, 23:07

just for the little story I passed the 1200 km mark by driving at 100% ethanol and it works perfectly : Cheesy: and all my garden tools are there too : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 17/05/08, 10:27

vassago076 wrote:just for the little story I passed the 1200 km mark by driving at 100% ethanol and it works perfectly : Cheesy: and all my garden tools are there too : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Hello and well done!

How did you increase the diameter of your jets? where did you buy your reamers and how did you proceed? with a drill or a precision "lathe" style machine?

I have an old 21 R1986 nevada gasoline that I use little, I will try to give it the same treatment.

The fact of having enlarged the diameter of the sprinklers, does it not consume more if you have to run on petrol SP95 (lack of E85 for example)? Did you watch your consumption while driving on E85? what price / liter?

Does it start well with the E85 ta 309 and up to what outside temperature? if it is there is the same engine as on my Nevada. Well I think the current outside temperature (spring - summer) should help the operation.

Besides, what chatam says is a good idea found by our grandfathers during the war (coil around the exhaust to heat the ethanol).

For your lawn mower, did you also change the diameter of the sprinklers?
0 x
vassago076
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vassago076 » 17/05/08, 14:43

there are a lot of questions but i will try to answer all : Cheesy:

then your 1st question:
How did you increase the diameter of your jets? where did you buy your reamers and how did you proceed? with a drill or a precision lathe-style machine?

I use a reamer game from time to time you find some on e-bay there are also on
http://www.dam-sport.net/alesoir-pour-g ... p-362.html it's a

hand tools without drill very easy to use

the 2nd:
The fact of having enlarged the diameter of the sprinklers, does it not consume more if you have to run on petrol SP95 (lack of E85 for example)?

consumption remains relatively stable may be a little more but nothing nasty but for the low S95 it is not complicated I have never given more since I find the E85 at 0.79 € there is no photo : Cheesy:

3nd question:
Does it start well with the E85 ta 309 and up to what outside temperature? if it is there is the same engine as on my Nevada. Well I think that the current outside temperature (spring - summer) must help the operation.

for cold start I have start at approx. -4 / -5 this winter it is true that starting with these temperatures is a little more difficult but it starts anyway, and actually by the temperatures of these last day c is no problem. for your engine it has nothing to do with mine made that I had 2 R21 I know your mill well

for the following idea
Besides, what chatam says is a good idea found by our grandfathers during the war (coil around the exhaust to heat the ethanol).

I absolutely do not agree to say that it is good because when the engine is at the right temperature it will be nothing more to heat the ethanol we agree on this point.
if we start from the principle that to heat the coil the exhaust must be hot therefore the engine must have started well before and therefore the ethanol must be hot before starting not after so we die the tail more time than the cold ethanol heats up in contact with the exhaust crosses the length of the coil then arrives in the carburetor tank to finally arrive in the engine the latter will already be hot well before so idea to put away tell me if I'm wrong. :?

last question:
For your lawn mower, did you also change the diameter of the sprinklers?

no nothing, but for info I have an old Briggs & Stratton mower to which I have not modified anything on the other hand a friend wanted to do the same with his which is also a Briggs & Stratton but new a few weeks old and his ratatouille however it seems to be the same engine same carbs but not the same jets aparamen

to finish and if I can allow myself to give advice, first test the ethanol / gasoline mixture when you notice a change of regime starts increasing the opening of your nozzle (s) little by little and adjusting each time in advance ignition (maximum nozzle opening approx. 22%) until perfect engine speed at 100% ethanol

why not go to 22% directly you will tell me? ba simply because a reamer is not graduated therefore by logic of operation of the reamers when you thread your nozzle on a reamer is that the nozzle comes up against it you tell yourself that you are the size of your nozzle, but be aware that a jet with time wears out and therefore gets bigger which explains an over-consumption of certain cars, basically if on your jet you li example 120 it only may be that you are at 122 for example so your calculations will be wrong, more I wonder if some sprinkler are not original over-rate I heard about it from a mechanic he explained to me that all the manufacturer tiller lately we had to review the opening of the sprinkler because of pollution (European laws) and consumption or the fact that I have nothing to change my jerdin tools so that they run on ethanol and that my neighbor has it in the bone : Cheesy: and therefore the manufacturers have had to reduce them for a few years and like fuel cars have not been built for more than ten years :? .... at the time there was not yet in the minds of the manufacturer the concept of environmental protection so I think you should do it little by little because I think that some cars can roll by opening the sprinkle me that 22% more but it's just an idea that needs to be proven by fact is not just a theory.

good hope that i answered all your questions
good luck and keep us in the fragrance a + : Mrgreen:
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 17/05/08, 20:23

Hello,

I haven't reread the whole thread, but I want to tell you what I saw: in front of me someone recently refueled a 309 at E85, I went to ask him what percentage he was putting?

Answer: 100% without modifications! : Cheesy: It went gradually from 10 to 100% without problem, the calculator adapting to its rhythm. And this for some 20000 km I believe. A mechanic by training, he assumes the risks, but thinks that the economy more than compensates for a possible engine repair.

The most surprising: on the highway, he found that the consumption was lower with the E85, quite the opposite of what one would expect.
Let us not forget that the biofuel flaws were highlighted by the IFP, funded by Total & co. The IFP also affirms that the HVP generates more particles than diesel, but the CDA of La Rochelle, which experiments with 30% on its trucks, has observed the opposite ...

Driving on diesel, I was not interested in E85, I did not have the opportunity to try, and I am primarily against biofuels made from "food". But it's still an interesting alternative to finish the month without having to push the car ...
: Lol:
0 x
vassago076
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vassago076 » 18/05/08, 10:47

hi to you when you say
Answer: 100% without modifications! It went gradually from 10 to 100% without problem, the calculator adapting to its rhythm. And this for some 20000 km I believe. A mechanic by training, he assumes the risks, but thinks that the economy more than compensates for a possible engine repair.

it should be emphasized that it has a GTI therefore engine injection. and yes indeed certain car can run without modification but it has nothing to do with the carburettor engine, the box acts in such a way that the fuel intake is increased compared to the intake in area according to the fuel, on the other hand, some calculators will need an additional calculator to give the correct adjustment to the engine, for the carburetors it will be necessary to open the nozzle to reproduce the same effect and it will be necessary to reverse to restore 'essence if you don't want to have to drag a tank behind you and give a credit every time you want to do your shopping at the super market around : Mrgreen:
but I always ask myself the question of whether or not certain carbs need 22% opening to their jets, I think 22 is a maximum and that each car must have its own adjustment
0 x
vassago076
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vassago076 » 18/05/08, 10:53

and I am by pincipe against agrofuels based on "food". But it's still an interesting alternative to finish the month without having to push the car ...

by the way regarding your last remark, I also agree not to use food to fuel our fuel but I am always persuaded that we can make ethanol from almost everything because n ' let's not forget that ethanol is all about pure alchool cutting to 15% gasoline, thinking about our food waste like banana peels, potato peel and also sawdust, agricultural losses like last year or farmers cutting without mold and then why not our organic waste finally good : Lol:
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."