Where to find E85 biofuel?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/02/07, 01:15

The ricans are also doing it (news from the auto blog).

Apparently with this site, when looking for fuel in the US, we (sometimes) have a really big choice!

Well, I tried to look for a station that sold "electric" in NY, but I couldn't find ... : Cry: My research
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/02/07, 07:10

New: found in "google" ad in the econology site !!! ===>

code: Select all

http://flex-e85.net/default.aspx

I looked at it diagonally, everything is there I think, but something intrigues me:

"a liter of bio-ethanol emits 75% less greenhouse gas than a liter of gasoline"..............who can confirm this statement?

It does not say that an engine running on E85 consumes 20 to 30% more than gasoline !!! it's cheating, but hey if it's "cleaner" it's always a win for the planet ... while waiting for something better. : Mrgreen:

for the moment, there are only Carrefour and Leclerc who distribute it and especially in the Paris region.

I read an article yesterday saying that there would be 200 flex fuel vehicles at the end of 000 (Prost takes care of it).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/02/07, 16:50

jean63 wrote:"a liter of bio-ethanol emits 75% less greenhouse gas than a liter of gasoline"..............who can confirm this statement?

With E85 it's wrong ...

With pure ethanol, the comparative CO2 balance with gasoline in relation to the energy supplied gives an advantage of 60% to ethanol.

Since one L of ethanol provides 20% less energy than one L of gasoline, it takes 20% more volume of ethanol to give the same energy. This 60% must therefore be amputated by 20% (i.e. 48%) to obtain the comparative decrease in L.

We therefore obtain 48% less CO2 between one L of pure ethanol and one L of gasoline. With l-E85 it is still necessary to remove 15% or 40,8% in the end. Quite a long way from the 75% announced.

With ETBE, the CO2 balance is almost identical (at 5% ready) ...

Read this document from page 23 (IFP / CNAM ...)

https://www.econologie.com/valorisation- ... -2985.html

https://www.econologie.com/file/biocarbu ... lerini.pdf

ps: how do these kits sold know if there is E85 or gasoline in the tank?

A computer stalled on gasoline and running on E85 and vice versa and it's a hell of overconsumption in perspective ... since "everything" depends on the lambda probe and there is an O2 atom "too much "in E85 ... I'm thinking of doing a Topic on it ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/02/07, 18:15

We therefore obtain 48% less CO2 between one L of pure ethanol and one L of gasoline. With l-E85 it is still necessary to remove 15% or 40,8% in the end. Quite a long way from the 75% announced.

With ETBE the CO2 balance is almost identical (at 5% ready).

I'm quite convinced by your demonstration ... but what would Mossieur Prost think? it would be interesting to compare your demos (if he has one ..).

Well in the end, it's still better than pure gasoline.

But there we have not integrated the emissions to produce it and transport it to the pump .... so if you can complete, there will not be much left !!! : Mrgreen: : Lol: : Evil:

ps: how do these kits sold know if there is E85 or gasoline in the tank?

A computer stalled on gasoline and running on E85 and vice versa and it's a hell of overconsumption in perspective ... since "everything" depends on the lambda probe and there is an O2 atom "too much "in E85 ... I'm thinking of doing a Topic on it ..

I suppose it's a flex fuel system (like in Brazil) where the ECU can recognize the% ethanol and adjust the engine power supply accordingly.

it can only work with electronic injections and not carburettors from old engines (contrary to what is said in the kit site = all engines !!). I will "write" them ..
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
maju14
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by maju14 » 23/02/07, 01:21

Hi,
What do you think of flex fuel sold at 420 € for a 4 cylinder

http://flex-e85.net

I really want to buy one for my 406 from 2000 it at 70000 km.

Thank you for your answers
0 x
fast air!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/02/07, 09:05

maju14 wrote:Hi,
What do you think of flex fuel sold at 420 € for a 4 cylinder

http://flex-e85.net

I really want to buy one for my 406 from 2000 it at 70000 km.

Thank you for your answers

What do I think of it :

1 - Do you live in an area where there are a lot of E85 pumps (so you don't have to travel 50 km to refuel !!). I know a little bit about the problem with my R25 on LPG (the nearest pump at 15 km, but I pass by quite often).

2 - Buy a car magazine (auto-moto, auto plus, auto journal .. what to choose, .etc) where you can find tests on E85 kits.

3 - In your place, I would wait a bit because there may be scammers who enter the market and take advantage of a windfall effect.

4 - For LPG: there is a network of qualified and approved assemblers and the vehicle must go to the mines after assembly. It would be necessary to arrive at a similar system for the E85 because I fear for the engines ......

Finally, it may be unjustified, for you to see ... that's my opinion.

Last idea: you can ask our ex-F1 champion Alain Prost what the kits sold on the internet (and in particular this one) think. There must be an official site (style ......... gouv.fr) where you can ask questions?

Bonne chance.
Last edited by jean63 the 23 / 02 / 07, 11: 49, 1 edited once.
0 x
maju14
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by maju14 » 23/02/07, 10:41

Hello,
Thank you Jean for your answer.
I just wrote to Peugeot to ask them if it was possible to drive on the E85.
I await their response (if I have one).
If I have one I will tell you what they told me.

Regards
0 x
fast air!
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/02/07, 15:03

Hello

You will do an election on the forum oloimobile there was a little discussion with ERACAL about the use of E85
the post begins with the Masterflex kits written in large print that gives the impression of someone promoting them ..
the subject quickly overflowed when I put my salt on the use of fuel with alcohol in engines,
Which is currently defended in Lycoming and continental engine use even at low doses .. (corrosion of the seat and tail valves) it is necessary to be sure that the engine used is designed with materials that resist and that the E85 does not leave an acid residue in the engine. the exhaust ducts.
it's too easy to encourage someone to use such and such a product without having even done the tests over several thousand km ....
The ones in the know are the people who take apart engines, when you look at exhaust valves and don't need a micrometer to see valve stem wear. it's because it's serious ...

Andre
0 x
maju14
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by maju14 » 23/02/07, 16:26

Hello,
Thank you for your answer André.
A stupid question maybe, but if we put a little oil (rapeseed oil for example) in the E85 to oil the valve tails it could work?
Yes it is true that I would like to find a solution so that our cars can work at E85, but hey I do not know much about it is why I turn to you.
0 x
fast air!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/02/07, 16:54

maju14 wrote:Hello,
Thank you for your answer André.
A stupid question maybe, but if we put a little oil (rapeseed oil for example) in the E85 to oil the valve tails it could work?
Yes it is true that I would like to find a solution so that our cars can work at E85, but hey I do not know much about it is why I turn to you.

Well, I think André is right because he is competent, BUT when I think of what I had been told (especially at Renault) for my R25 LPG bought in May 1998 at 165000 kms:

- It's madness to buy a Renault engine designed for gasoline with an LPG power supply ....

- The valve seats will be quickly destroyed ...

Result of the races: the tuture has just passed the 300000 kms and I drive permanently on LPG (except starting 500 meters on gasoline), it is doing wonderfully.

I had other issues unrelated to LPG, well some rocker arm adjustments to compensate for light valve wear. No major cylinder head problems etc ... requiring disassembly of the cylinder head or the engine; the replacement of the timing belt recently .. bar point, otherwise the classic wear pbs: starter, alternator ... all changed by bibi.

Now it can let go of me it is largely damped and I have "scratched" so much that I know it by heart.

What failed on the other hand is the automatic gearbox but it is well known at Renault, I had a lot of problems with this shit, but now I have mounted a manual gearbox recovered from the scrapyard and that drives perfectly (passed to the control recently ... nickel).
0 x