Microbes for biofuel (isobutene)

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/01/10, 22:38

Ahmed wrote:Normally Lietseu is my official exegete, but I do not know if he is available and, moreover, I do not want to abuse.

Website developer:
Given 1, the current addiction to hydrocarbons is based on stocks of organic matter accumulated over millions of years; 2- that despite the considerable volume of these stocks, they are in the process of exhaustion,
it is clear that substitution on the basis of annual production will inevitably lead to rapid desertification of the entire territory since all the forests will have to be milled.

+ 1. You just see again, without dealing with the energy wastage addiction beforehand, if there was a switch to this form of biomass transformation we would go even faster towards our instinct and that of most species live .... : Shock: : Evil: Which program............... : Shock:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by biomethane » 25/01/10, 10:59

Apart from this hypothetical desertification, which has more info on the process?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/01/10, 08:42

Flytox wrote:

Instinction

Me too when I was small I said an "instinctor" (red thing intended to put out fires) :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/01/10, 21:33

This desertification is hypothetical only because we can hope that a consideration would intervene before and would put an end to these delusional enterprises and therefore, very hypothetical in essence (sic!).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/01/10, 21:52

elephant wrote:Flytox wrote:

Instinction

Me too when I was small I said an "instinctor" (red thing intended to put out fires) :D

[Bad Faith Mode On]
Pfffff! Elephant, you coné mempas t'on ortografeu, it comes from "instinct" as animal instinct!
[Bad Faith Mode Off] : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/01/10, 22:00

Not at all! You are not there!

"instinctor"is a deformation of teacher, a word for a gray person used to extinguish ignorance and more often, curiosity and enthusiasm.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/01/10, 22:13

Ahmed wrote:Not at all! You are not there!

"instinctor"is a deformation of teacher, a word for a gray person used to extinguish ignorance and more often, curiosity and enthusiasm.
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: Remundo, if you listen to us .....
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Microbes to make biofuel (isobutene

by moinsdewatt » 25/05/15, 14:12

up for this thread or visibly the progress of Global Bioenergies have not been reported.

Global Bioenergies and Cristal Union Partner to Produce 50 000 Tons of Biobased Isobutene Per Year

By Thierry Lucas - New Factory the 22 May 2015,

The Global Bioenergies SME, which develops hydrocarbon production from vegetable raw materials, is creating a joint venture with the sugar cooperative, Cristal Union. Its goal is to build a plant in France capable of producing 50 000 tons of biobased isobutene per year. It should start in 2018.

Global Bioenergies goes through the stages. Created in 2008 to develop the production of hydrocarbons from renewable resources using micro-organisms, the company announced recently the delivery of the first batches of isobutene biosourced to its industrial partners Arkema and Audi. The chemist uses isobutene in the manufacture of acrylic paints, while the automaker is interested in isooctane biofuel obtained from isobutene. These first samples were made from sugars by a pilot unit (10 tons per year) near Reims.

New Global Bioenergies announcement this week, which this time launches a joint venture called IBN-One, with the cooperative group Cristal Union, 4e beet processor in Europe. This entity will be responsible for designing and building a real plant, with a production capacity of 50 000 tons of isobutene per year. The startup is planned for 2018. But by then the SME will have started, in 2016, its demonstrator (100 tons per year, 20 million euros investment), under construction on the site of the refinery of Leuna, Germany.

Other bio-based hydrocarbon projects in cartons

IBN-One, company to 50 / 50 (1 million euros of capital) between the two partners, provides two fundraisers: 15 million euros in 2016 to finance the engineering of the plant, and 100 million in 2017 for construction and startup. The SME, which today employs 68 people, is not intended to remain a key shareholder of IBN-One, to which it has sold a license for an 50 000 tons plant. His business model is to sell other licenses to future IBN-n project companies. IBN-Two is already established in Germany, but it is still an empty shell that seeks its partners and investors.

Global Bioenergies has other projects of hydrocarbon production by biological way (propylene, butadiene) in its cartons. And believes that, despite fluctuations in the price of oil, the long-term trend is favorable for production from sugars compared to production from oil. According to the calculations of the SME, today, on the gasoline market, it would take a barrel to 150 dollars for its biofuel is competitive. But at 85 dollars a barrel, the biosourced isobutene plastics and elastomers market is already open.

http://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/gl ... ce.N331220
0 x