Renewable oil by Jean Laigret

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Syntetic oil

by bobono » 01/08/08, 21:30

It is always the same story. The examples do not fail or despite the blockages of the rulers and the loby and after long year the inventions or technique eventually pierced '(homeopathies, vegetable oil in diesel engines etc.)

We need a business or as Guy Negro are with air motor that crushes all obstacles and success pierced.

Difficult to doubt the made this discovery because there had to Official Publications of .Celui work can doubt documented more seriously on the subject.

Do not count on political nor on the big store pushed the project
As for wind turbines (France with EDF ny not believing that she sabotaged that initiatives such as wind Ushant in Brittany) not possible to have aid from the French State will be the solution of another country.

This console 3 we still thinking that the oil not going to miss and we not find ourselves in the situation of Cuba after stopping the supply of oil from Russia.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/08/08, 22:17

I fully agree with your first remark about the stuffing of hydrogen vehicles (and others ...).

Regarding your assessment: "because only a tiny part of the biomass is transformed into oil ...", Even a fraction of a very large value remains considerable.
I must say that I included all fossil fuels and not only oil, because if it has a strong specificity, it is all that allowed what I denounce.

"One of the 2 articles claims that by transforming, via the Laigret process, 10% of French waste we would be able to supply 100% of our energy demand for transport ..."

You yourself use the verb "to claim", because this is obviously a quantification that is more about enthusiasm than serious study ...
At the same time there is there any ambiguity in the recycling process: effectively solve this problem quickly lead to justify and increase production.

Without denying any that I have written some amount of liquid fuel would be nice if this process and can help, why not?
The danger would be that it works so well that it allows
"supply 100% of our energy demand for transport ..."
for no one would question the validity of such transports. Let me explain: each economic actor reasons on the small segment of activity that falls to him and from the moment when it is profitably remunerated, abstracts from a possible (alas, not theoretical) global economic absurdity.
Absurdity which leads to prefer the most expensive solutions since they are the most profitable. This is why "the system" does not help with isolation because this work only concerns, for the moment, only fragmented companies and not large groups which could use in this sense those who represent them at the top of the network. 'state.
... And that may be why they do not talk about ...

The purpose of the media is only to entertain its audience and not to offer real solutions. "In the spectacle, the truth is a moment of the lie" said Guy Debord.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 02/08/08, 08:45

There was a few months ago an article in Science et Vie and it was synthetic petroleum question: this is the first time we are apparently succeeded, but at a cost that would justify the method for chemistry or in case of serious shortage (but with a strong process improvement potential), so this article dating back to 40 years is to be taken lightly, the press at the time knew very well talk about anything unaudited, see purely imaginary, to black paper ... was the time we certainly knew already make gasoline from coal, but not refuse ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/08, 09:09

Surprising your remark Chatam: S&V has a short memory since it is in S&V also that one of the articles is extracted ...

Read here: https://www.econologie.com/biomasse-et-p ... -3810.html

This work was done when he was stationed in the Pasteur Institute in Tunis so I think not whether it is wrong data information. See his biography here: http://www.pasteur.fr/infosci/archives/lai0.html

And on the contrary, I think the editorial quality (both content and form) of S&V is actually much worse than at that time... Do you remember the "rag" they wrote about water doping? In all current issues of S&V you have articles that are more science farce than Science! But that is not the debate ...

ps: if you find the article in question from S&V it would be interesting to publish it on forums :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/08, 09:51

Exchanges this page

His question:

What about the cost? and what is actually possible use of this product, which is said in many ways equivalent to oil? and what producible quantities?

Not that I doubt the existence of this product, but there are so many possible alternatives to oil that are not viable ...

My answer:

Read the 2 articles, you will have answers to your question: both technological and economic! https://www.econologie.com/forums/du-petrole ... t5802.html

So if in 1949 the process was MAY not "profitable" (compared to fossil fuels), today the situation (demand, geopolitical tension ...) is vastly different! Then I do not see how this could cost more than bioethanol, since it can be obtained from waste (which currently costs in their treatment!) ...

Then what about the cost of photovoltaic and wind turbines, which is nevertheless subsidized and promoted? Econologically Solar PV is a FARCE not to say an ecological scam.

Yep: subsidies that pay them to review whether it is taxes on oil? So subentionner the WORST it makes me smile softly. Wondering why the insulation work, yet most effective at impact environnental are NOT little or subsidized ... unlike PV.

https://www.econologie.com/comparatif-en ... -3858.html

Finally tjrs is better to invest in PV in a 4x4 ... but that's not how we save the climate ...

It is necessary that the state keeps the Energy Control ... is strategic.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/08, 11:06

Do you think that there would be a way to find "easily" the 2 reports of the academies of Sciences mentioned in the article above?

I quote:

Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences, Vol 221, session of 24 September 1945, page 359 to 361. Microbiology, note by J. Laigret presented by M. Bertrand

realized from the Academy of Sciences, Vol 225, 11 meeting of August 1947, 398 and 399 page. Organic chemistry, J. Laigret note submitted by Mr. Bertrand
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 02/08/08, 13:00

Not easy to find such pages.
He still clutched more interesting to find work! (I think of Jean Luc Perrier and daughter Perine)

To Ahmed:
I understand what you mean. If I summarize your words into a question:
Why not make a jump societal / ideological and rethink our transport and consumption patterns now?
My short answer would be:
Too important technological breakthroughs are a disaster for a company.

Our consumption leveled off for the first time in years (how long would be interesting).
http://www.latribune.fr/info/La-flambee ... 8C5-$RSS=1
This decline in consumption "joins the trend in the United States", where the demand for gasoline has fallen, and is fueling market fears of a fall in demand for oil.

For me this step is important. It marks a beginning. I would like the nail is pressed. (Instead of lowering the price of oil)

Expensive energy encourages alternative developments. This article is very interesting. But this is not the producer of energy it takes the post but waste manager!
it makes me think of a not very thorough idea that I had expressed. It is partially quoted at the beginning of the article
https://www.econologie.com/forums/thermolyse ... t5012.html
: Cheesy:
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 02/08/08, 13:17

I'm not so much agree that it is necessary to have expensive energy to develop other solutions.
Have you thought to people whose professions just depend on this expensive energy ???
Have you thought about the scope of your words ???
Imagine a little mother of four unemployed children who must take his car to accompany his kids to school, shopping etc. ... ???
How is she doing with your dear energy ???

If governments want to develop other solutions, it would be done but in the meantime, follow the herd, so that expensive energy is the most logical for now and for everyone.
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 02/08/08, 14:12

expensive energy to develop other solutions

Why thémis plant was abandoned? Why Toyota has developed a hybrid car?
occupations just depend on this expensive energy

I think yes. It will not exist if they do not develop alternative. The energy was very low costs helped send the products manufactured in China and elsewhere. How many employees are left in the lurch? Thousands...
And invade Iraq for example
it will you do with your expensive energy

You think I'm Craisus?
If she is unemployed is that her job is gone in a low cost country. To do social dumping. Why, a low price of gasoline would improve its comfort?
thought it made me a joke:
a handicapped person in a rolling cart meets a fairy, she asks him to make a wish that will be added.
He asks for a new cart.

We deviate from the subject:
transform various materials into oil.
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 02/08/08, 16:40

You have to be rockefeller to meet the sorte.Je think you despise the lot of others, I am a truck driver and I'm afraid ...
Fear of losing my job, afraid I can not feed my children, fear of not living decently ...
I do not understand your point of view. An expensive energy hurts everyone.
But apparently you support this idea, I find it despicable ...
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying