need advice

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
britouyre
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

need advice

by britouyre » 10/01/06, 11:03

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and am interested in the environmental problems of our planet, like any normal human being, even if I am not politically green.
I am in expectation with regard to biofuels.
I ride with a volvo 240 1980 diesel in pretty good condition.
I would be interested enough to ride the hvb but or provide? (am in the south gard)
the gpl ??? What do you think ? I am also thinking about replacing my vehicle for economic reasons of course, but also to pollute less.
otherwise I do not see the interest currently to invest in a recent vehicle (too equipped, too heavy, too expensive)
I think with the current engines and weights of the 80 years
3 would be easily saved to 4 l to 100 if it is not anymore.
but air conditioning, airbag, abs, epsr and other trinkets are essential it is well known.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/06, 11:09

For all things HVB, go to our partner site: http://www.oliomobile.org/forum :)

For the other discussion on the policy of the manufacturers it is here 8)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Okay.......

by jean63 » 10/01/06, 18:09

I completely agree. Manufacturers have been racing comfort and so-called safety equipment.
I also have a 504 1981 gasoline that works super-well, super comfortable but consumes 10l 100km and sends + CO2 a modern car, I agree.
I also have a two-fuel R25 gasoline-LPG that has
300 000kms. Bought 1998 160000kms occas, I did not have a pb with LPG, except that you have to adjust the rockers from time to time, otherwise it works very well. Disadvantage: Few resorts and the night impossible to fill the tank with the credit card. I have a 80l tank in the trunk is 70l usable approx 650 kms of autonomy and I switch to gasoline, but it happens very rarely.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
hitih
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hitih » 11/01/06, 13:11

I completely agree too. Modern cars .........
In addition it is difficult to repair even.

Otherwise for the LPG personally I roll with 405 1988 which is 330000km and not a problem, the engine is nikel.
It consumes 7 / 8L 100 even 140 / 150 on the highway (that I take every day to go to work)
I even once made 1200km (clermont-ferrand / orleans / amiens / orleans / clermont-ferrand) with a full tank of 80L too.

For the disadvantages, I think jean63 has summarized well, it is aprovisionement night and Sunday / holidays but with a tank of good capacity and a little used, I do not switch more to gasoline for start when it is below 0 ° C
0 x