Alcohol and Petrol engine

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
good
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by good » 29/06/06, 11:27

: Mrgreen: engineer but not in engine specialization ...
I don't know jargon yet : Cheesy:

Otherwise the engine is a 1,6L - 80 kw (110hp) petrol engine (TU5JP4 for those who know what it is)

@+
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 29/06/06, 11:46

bgood wrote:Otherwise the engine is a 1,6L - 80 kw (110hp) petrol engine (TU5JP4 for those who know what it is.

Hello

engine of the 2nd generation of 205gti if I don't crash : Lol:

30/100 without touching anything; above increase in compression 12 / 1mini 16/1 if the connecting rods are supported.
after if the increase in compression is not enough increase the advance (will have to walk the sensor) or reprogram the mapping.
If that's still not enough, you get into trouble because you have to enrich the injector mod and / or the PI mod!
@+

PS: if your ass is lined with noodles a reduction in taring is sometimes enough to enrich (with washed injector); but do not count too much on it works once in 10.
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/06, 12:24

zac wrote:30/100 without touching anything; above increase in compression 12 / 1mini 16/1 if the connecting rods are supported.

Yes, but it's not an obligation: who can do more can do less? I doubt that the Renault Flex engines have a variable compression ratio (I'm almost even sure not!) ...

Engines running on methanol have a comp rate. 17 minimum :)

Ok for the carto and enrichment by cons (beware of hot spots and piston drilling without these changes)

I would like to remind you of the presence of a good synthesis doc where you can see a diesel tractor converted to alcohol : https://www.econologie.com/caracterisati ... -2876.html
Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 01 / 11, 15: 40, 1 edited once.
0 x
zac

by zac » 29/06/06, 13:36

Econology wrote:Yes, but it's not an obligation: who can do more can do less? I doubt that the Renault Flex engines have a variable compression ratio (I'm almost even sure not!) ...

Hello

Brazilian flex have no variable compression, it is too complex and therefore expensive to produce; everything is played on the ignition ignition mapping, that's why it consumes + ethanol. : Evil:

Because if it were optimized for ethanol they would be "diesel" with petrol with the damage that goes with it (auto-ignition before pmh): evil:

But if you want to turn to ethanol put a blow of rectification on the cylinder head and a thinner joint or no joint at all (to gain 4 or 5 point of compression) it is not the sea to drink : Mrgreen:

On the other hand, playing with the maps is no longer within the reach of the average mechanic at the back of his yard. : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 29/06/06, 15:41

zac wrote:
bgood wrote:Otherwise the engine is a 1,6L - 80 kw (110hp) petrol engine (TU5JP4 for those who know what it is.

Hello

engine of the 2nd generation of 205gti if I don't crash : Lol:[...]
I am not sure at all, it seems to me when in the PSA denominations, the last figure "4" means 4 valves / cylinder ... And at the time of the 205, only the 1900 existed in 16S ( 309 and 405)

In addition, if I remember correctly, the 1600s from the GTi era existed in a 105hp (original) or 115hp (kit) version but not 110hp, before switching to 1900 - 130hp.

I would look more for a recent engine ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 29/06/06, 15:46

That's right !

Forum engine "TU"

The TU5JP4 is a recent engine, even if the "TU5" base of 1587 cm3 is quite old.
0 x
good
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by good » 29/06/06, 18:59

It's a Citroen C3 engine ... from 2002 I think.

So it's a recent engine ... lol
Well seen the lumberjack!
0 x
arno1306
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

TPE biofuels

by arno1306 » 29/11/07, 19:16

hello, i'm trying to make a tpe on biofuels and i'm looking to run a 2-stroke hedge trimmer engine with ethanol could you tell me any changes and the percentage of lubricant that i have to put in my engine? Thank you!
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 30/11/07, 22:05

in reduced model we use a cousin of ethanol methanol because it gives a little more fishing but I know that we can run a 2-stroke model also reduced in ethanol without problem ....
the oil used is an oil which mixes easily with ethanol the best until the invention of synthetic oils it was castor oil but it tended to foul the engines

I think synthetic oils have made progress and I think their problem at the time was that they mixed less well than castor oil with methanol even if it scalded the engines less
I do not know what it is today ...

the reduced models having small engines (less than 10cc) the proportion of oil was quite important (in the 20%) I do not know what it is with larger displacement

Castrol M oil was used a lot by the model makers who made their fuel but I could not say if it was a synthetic oil and if we can still find it nowadays

otherwise for castor oil any good pharmacy must have a little ...
(it's a powerful laxative ... : Mrgreen: )
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
Flytox

Re: TPE biofuels

by Flytox » 30/11/07, 23:13

Hello Arno1306
arno1306 wrote:hello, i'm trying to make a tpe on biofuels and i'm looking to run a 2-stroke hedge trimmer engine with ethanol could you tell me any changes and the percentage of lubricant that i have to put in my engine? Thank you!

Ideally it would be necessary to "plan" the cylinder head and or shorten the top of the cylinder on the cylinder head side to increase your compression ratio.
(With a machine tool and not with a file, otherwise drop : Mrgreen: )

It is to be hoped that your Hedge trimmer does not have the cylinder and the cylinder head in one piece. To increase the volumetric ratio this will be a dead end.

Besides, usually the crankshaft is rather "light" and I am not sure that it would accept an increased compression for long.
and behind that it is possible to launch it start with the string ....: Evil:

To check if your oil is well miscible in ethanol, you make your mixture, you store it in a closed transparent glass bottle and you wait a week or two. You will see if the liquids separate in different colors or if the smell changes significantly.

When modifying a mill "a lot", you have to be careful and for the first rotations significantly increase the proportion of oil recommended by the manufacturer. Example 2 to 3% of synthetic oil becomes 6%. Once you have read the richness and advance adjustment, you can decrease it a bit (4%?).

If you have a membrane fuel, normally there is a good latitude of adjustment and you should be able to find the adapted richness. On the other hand, the membrane which is already aging quickly in petrol, it is necessary to check which is capable of supporting ethanol.

To change the ignition advance, there are models that are really not made for the hack (no adjustment planned). To allow adjustment, the mods are rather heavy, machining of the casing, flywheel, sensor, etc.

Clearly, I think you can try by just changing the settings of the carburetor with a small proportion of ethanol (10 to 30%?) Beyond hello adventure ... : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132