Making the diester or biodiesel: Recipe

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Sim's
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sim's » 29/12/09, 17:13

it seems to me that the saponification reaction is faster than the esterification. If there is excess soda, it is soap, right?
but hey, given my knowledge in chemistry, great chance that I'm wrong. There may be some soda in excess after the reaction?
it will interest me to recoup the methanol, of course, because I buy it.you distill the ester in a pressure cooker for example? (That said, in winter, I will not do that on my woodstove, and I'm not going to light a fire for it. If it does not interfere with the fuel, let it go, as Chatelot proposes.
0 x
It is for intellectuals, and all human beings, to get up, to write, to speak, to act at every failure to proclaim that the world that we design for our children does not deserve that other word: unacceptable , false, absurd, false and artificial, counterfeit and adulterated, fake, hypocritical, and frankly monstrueux.comme this site, a snub to place a pub max.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/12/09, 12:49

I saw on another site that one could do without washing if one does not put catalyst: one simply mixes the methanol and the oil: it is much longer it is necessary to heat and to brew constantly, and transesterification is only partial

with soda it is faster: the soda is only a catalyst: it means that it is not consumed: it must be somewhere: it can be corosive for all the aluminum part of the circuit injection

it can also be a slow saponification of the oil

what I am saying is only logical reasoning with what I am learning: I do not have any practical experience in this kind of chemistry, but you have to be suspicious and do not give up fuel too fast not finished at his favorite new engine

I do not have oil to test, I will not buy food oil in a supermarket: it's more expensive than diesel

I have 600kg of rapeseed, but it is not yet in oil ...
0 x
Gfaure
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Gfaure » 22/01/10, 09:53

Bonjour.
Currently we are a group of 3 students from 1éreS.
In the context of the TPE we have used the experience given in this subject of forum .
Besides we have some question that could help us.

1) We want to divide the quantities of the experiment by 10 because those cis are too important for the material of our school. Is it possible to do it? And if so, is the weather also reduced?

2) Is there a way to identify the end product of our experience (Biodiesel) with means of our current level of education.
If yes which ?

3) We also want to have the chemical equation of experience (is it really necessary because our teachers ask us)

We thank you for the help you can give us.
0 x
Gfaure
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Gfaure » 28/01/10, 18:29

no one has an answer? it's urgent
please
0 x
Christophe

Re: Scheme of esterification

by Christophe » 28/01/10, 18:59

What would be urgent (before waiting for "all" from the others) would be that
- you follow your classes,
- you learn to read or look for yourself because frankly your level is low:

1) Yes you can divide everything by 10 and NO time will not be divided by 10. It will be the same.This is 6 chemistry course level ieme ca!

2) There will be phase separation that's all you can identify. Glycerol at the bottom and the ester at the top, lighter.

3) What's this if it's not an equation? Seen on the 1ere page of this topic: https://www.econologie.com/forums/fabriquer- ... t1141.html

Christophe wrote:Image

Rah these young people ...

Here is a good site: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki it would be nice to use it as much as your Fessebook account ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
francklompa
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

hvb heater

by francklompa » 21/09/10, 03:24

superb warms up vegetable oil english

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WVO-SVO-PPO-Bio-D ... 3a5b962724
0 x
oliburn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by oliburn » 21/09/10, 07:23

it is a simple assembly to realize, but for 36 euros port included
Is it worth it !!!
0 x
Be your own torch, your own refuge, your own master ... "
lemust09
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by lemust09 » 08/05/13, 18:13

hello to all I made it with filtered frying oil and 96 ° alcohol that I bought in a tin of 20 liters sold by the chimney dealer all in a can of 200 l with rimmed lid a pump for brewing and an aquarium resistance at 33 ° I put 180 l of oil and my 30 l of alcohol I brewed for 8 ja 33 ° and let rested for 8 day and the finer oil flowed for about 170l and a product that I used to light the stove or barbeuque the rest and that without any product and without too much manipulation since it was done by itself apart from stopping the brewing pump otherwise no special handling
0 x
if you need anything we discuss ... with pleasure!
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/05/13, 18:43

mixing oil with alcohol is not enough to transesterify! you need more soda

and then you have to be able to recycle the by-products to reuse soda in closed circuit, recover a maximum of alcohol

if you have to buy alcohol at a high price and lose it it kills the profitability of the business

it becomes interesting by pyrolyzing wood to make charcoal, and not forgetting to recover the methanol it produces: it makes cheap methanol to diesther!
0 x
lemust09
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by lemust09 » 16/09/13, 18:18

ha I still see that we can do and I have done for a few years and it works very well is the famous TEEP and without putting anything else than alcohol 96 °

and the residues can be used to light the stove or fireplace or barbecue and the reaction is slower certainly but so simple that it is not worth it to catalyze with delicate product to neutralize after the reaction ....

and it's really clean and the cost is very low if you get the cooking oil and after filtration it's very interesting especially that we can put it in the new engine HDI and CDI etc ...
0 x
if you need anything we discuss ... with pleasure!