Making the diester or biodiesel: Recipe

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/12/09, 19:55

zac wrote:Hello

It also works with super 95 or white spirit.
for soap when you get triglycerides and soda with talc and it's all sweet; with sawdust it's a great shop soap.
for the scented soap see the oreal or put some drops of essential oil.

@+

no it does not work with petrol or white spirit

of course as in the unleaded 95 there is a little alkoll, putting a lot it can be something, and anything ...

to use the soap you have to be sure that it does not contain sodium methoxide in rab: otherwise damage to the skin
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/12/09, 19:58

to make good soap you need pure ingredients and in good proportion

pure oil as much use it alone

the estherification becomes interesting to use dirty frying oil: but in this ca useless to hope to make good soap
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Detailed "Recipe"

by chatelot16 » 25/12/09, 20:27

chatelot16 wrote:
the ash is mostly sodium carbonate with very little caustic soda

the soda time meant carbonate and to speak of hydroxide it was necessary to specify caustic soda: today in the soda school means hydroxide: always the same confusion whenever some comes out of the old book without doing the translation

Another point: the electrolysis of salt does well a little caustic soda at the cathode but who wants to mix with chlorine to make bleach: to avoid this mixture it is necessary all kinds of trick and we get a mixture of caustic soda and salt ...

with a cathode of mercury, salt-free caustic soda is easily obtained but polished by traces of mercury

there is an old way to produce caustic soda with soda ash and quicklime that works very well even if it is forgotten by current chemists

I correct the correction: ash does not make soda but potash = potassium carbonate

it does not change anything for the etherification, potash or soda are exactly equivalent: what matters is to have the hydroxide and not the carbonate
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/12/09, 21:07

I do not even believe that the residue is soap

to make soap it takes oil and soda: the oil is destroyed: it's really not the goal here

the soda must be combusted with methanol, make methoxide and then the ether

if it makes soap it is wasting oil

what is surprising to me is to increase the dose of caustic soda if the oil is acid: I would rather want to treat the oil with soda ash to get rid of its acid without saponification, to wash it with the water and move on as a result

another way to get rid of acid: lime: it makes solid product that we get rid of by filtering
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 25/12/09, 22:09

chatelot16 wrote:1-to use the soap must be sure that it does not contain sodium methoxide rab: otherwise damage to the skin

2-I do not even think the residue is soap

3-the esterification becomes interesting to use dirty frying oil: but in this ca useless to hope to make good soap

1et2-
Sodium metoxide when using methanol, but here, if you use ethanol, I do not know exactly what you get :D
resisdu, not too much idea about what it is, but I use it to clean my shop floor and sometimes to wash my hands and it works.
on the other hand for those who have sensitive skin, to avoid as well as "Saint Marc" detergent and sodium percarbonate (which I use when the soap does not work on certain soils.)

3- a filtering and enough to remove the biggest and for the rest (most often in the form of smells) it disappears.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Sim's
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sim's » 27/12/09, 08:47

Hello
Well, well, I think it only works with the methanol present in the alcohol to burn. I did not get the amount of glycerin it says, and the viscosity is far from that of the GO.
http://www.oliomobile.org/fr/forum/67/12179.html
I put this link, the subject was it also addressed on this forum? + Aluminum hydroxide + ethanol.
I will find myself a methanol supplier, rather than continuing the experiments.
0 x
It is for intellectuals, and all human beings, to get up, to write, to speak, to act at every failure to proclaim that the world that we design for our children does not deserve that other word: unacceptable , false, absurd, false and artificial, counterfeit and adulterated, fake, hypocritical, and frankly monstrueux.comme this site, a snub to place a pub max.
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 27/12/09, 09:05

chatelot16 wrote:methanol alone is not a very good fuel for a gasoline engine:

Methanol has been used pure in racing cars until the 60 years ... and is still used for dragster and model-making engines ... So say it's not a good fuel ... it has some disadvantages, but it is an excellent fuel, better than gasoline from the point of view power developed (I did not say energy density) ...
That said I really do not understand the purpose of the pseudo-ecology manipulations made by the people of this forum, dangerous, polluting and completely ineffective manipulations: leave it to the industrialists who have the know-how and the technology to transform the products with a minimum of pollution and waste, as much of raw material as of energy ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 27/12/09, 10:33

oiseautempete wrote:leave this to the industrialists

But no !
The interest is to be able to fend for oneself, independently and inexpensively. This forum our goal is to share our experiences in order to avoid dangerous or ineffective handling, and to allow everyone to replace the maximum amount of fossil fuel with used oil instead of wasting it by throwing it in garbage or by having it removed at great expense by specialized companies.
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 27/12/09, 11:11

Hello

with glycerin, nitric acid, sulfuric acid, and a lot of dexterity, a good life insurance is preferable, and here is what to recover the "residues" of production of the diester.

in addition by deviating a lot, why not evolve towards nitromethane!

http://lebasica.chez.com/nitro.html

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrom%C3%A9thane

jeff
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 27/12/09, 13:50

zac wrote:It also works with super 95 or white spirit.

Hello Zac
Do you use 95 gasoline or white spirit in an esterification process, or as a simple additive to improve the fluidity of the oil? Could you explain in more detail how you do, you who have a long experience in this area?
0 x