Making the diester or biodiesel: Recipe

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/12/09, 00:15

pure caustic soda is solid, sold in granules but never crystallized

the soda lye contains water but I do not see the inconvenience ca decantera at the end

the soda ash that you have already put is harmful, I do not know, but there is no dangerous reaction to fear
0 x
Sim's
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sim's » 25/12/09, 00:57

Well, I did it again.
indeed, it changes color the washing of soda + alcohol.a scare!
when we put this mixture in oil, color change (again)
there is a kind of vomit (sorry for the comparison ... : Shock: ) on the surface. I will try to skim it.
There is no photo, with soda lye, there is really a reaction, and quite quickly.and say that I have nothing to do for an hour ... what a troufion!
what remains is sodium carbonate, or it is going to be soluble in EHV or in water of the laundry or both, or it will decant ... ah la ...
good, finally, we learn a lot of his mistakes ... and the knowledge of others;) Merci chatelot!
0 x
It is for intellectuals, and all human beings, to get up, to write, to speak, to act at every failure to proclaim that the world that we design for our children does not deserve that other word: unacceptable , false, absurd, false and artificial, counterfeit and adulterated, fake, hypocritical, and frankly monstrueux.comme this site, a snub to place a pub max.
Sim's
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sim's » 25/12/09, 01:34

so I'm puzzled ... I have three things in my tray
the first is the floating thing that looks more like a kind of color mayonnaise, ben té, the color of the small acronym E of the site
below, I have something that looks like EHV but I do not want to say too quickly, I can say in any case that it's more fluid than oil, and a little less than GO, once cooled of course..but good, it's seen from the nose.
basically I have something that looks like what floats, but it sticks a lot more.
the thing floating, I can be a kilo of stuff at the bottom, a few teaspoons.
in any case, it is not the result that is said in this post.ais I put too much soda lye water of the laundry is it emulsified with glycerine? the calcium carbonate has-t ' he modified the reaction?
because if it's ehv, I'm not going to have to wait a week that it decante, it is already clean ...
0 x
It is for intellectuals, and all human beings, to get up, to write, to speak, to act at every failure to proclaim that the world that we design for our children does not deserve that other word: unacceptable , false, absurd, false and artificial, counterfeit and adulterated, fake, hypocritical, and frankly monstrueux.comme this site, a snub to place a pub max.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/12/09, 13:14

leave in a corner your unhappy experience with your soda crystals, and start with the good product!

I'm wary of Saint Marc soda crystals: it's the same package as Saint Marc's laundry: I'm afraid that it contains a little something that cleans and not just sodium carbonate: I'm very scared that less surfactant promotes emulsions that never decant and sabotage everything

when I want pure sodium carbonate I do not take soda crystals st marc but baking soda food: I heat 200 ° and it turns into absolutely pure carbonate

the caustic soda of the trade is in general pure: not to use the destop or other deboucheur of pipes which is well with base of caustic soda but in which there can be also anything according to the inspiration of the manufacturer ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Detailed "Recipe"

by chatelot16 » 25/12/09, 13:37

Christophe wrote:Here is the detailed recipe

* Methanol or methyl alcohol is manufactured by sawdust fermentation and distillation of methyl alcohol. See my message on how to make alcohol for more details. You can also distil the product to wash the windows at 149F / 65C. Its main constituent is methyl alcohol.

** Caustic soda or sodium hydroxide (NaOH) is the active component in sewer products. Also by electrolysis, you can mix hot water and table salt (NaCl) and you put the electrodes of a battery of 12 volt on the other side of the solution to get oxygen and hydrochloric gas (very dangerous, do not inhale) and there is a solution of sodium hydroxide. I also heard about using white wood ash coming from a very hot fire (oak and apple wood are the best, whatever would go) and rainwater, any other undistilled water asking for some baking soda. Fill a barrel or container up to about 15 cm from the top. Add enough water for the ashes to make a coat but do not stay in suspension. Let stand 4 at least (all night). Collect brownish water in a container that will contain your homemade caustic soda. If an egg or potato floats to its middle or a chicken feather begins to dissolve in it, the caustic soda water is almost ready. If the egg does not float or you want a stronger solution, boil it.

I must correct some point: the fermentation never makes methanol: the methanol is optenu by pyrolysis of wood (long ago it was said dry distillation which maintains the confusion)
when bad alcohol contains methanol it is because we have overheated something ... or used bad products already containing methanol before fermentation

the ash is mostly sodium carbonate with very little caustic soda

the soda time meant carbonate and to speak of hydroxide it was necessary to specify caustic soda: today in the soda school means hydroxide: always the same confusion whenever some comes out of the old book without doing the translation

Another point: the electrolysis of salt does well a little caustic soda at the cathode but who wants to mix with chlorine to make bleach: to avoid this mixture it is necessary all kinds of trick and we get a mixture of caustic soda and salt ...

with a cathode of mercury, salt-free caustic soda is easily obtained but polished by traces of mercury

there is an old way to produce caustic soda with soda ash and quicklime that works very well even if it is forgotten by current chemists
0 x
Sim's
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sim's » 25/12/09, 13:40

Chatelot, with a soda lye at 30.5%, I need how many ml to have 4 gram of soda I need to calculate the density and take the weight of 69.5% water?
0 x
Sim's
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sim's » 25/12/09, 13:44

oops, excuse me, I just did a search on the internet, and it is 30.5% in weight.Is even more simple ...
0 x
Sim's
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sim's » 25/12/09, 18:16

that's it it works properly.I redid with the right ingredients.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 25/12/09, 19:14

Hello Sim's
I see you're roughly the same road as me a few years ago :D

I started a PDF at the time, but I did not really finish it.

I put it on the forum forgiving in advance forgetting and making mistakes.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... imzfPg.pdf
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/12/09, 19:37

why are we still talking about methanol if it also works with ethanol?

does methanol make a better end product?

or is it to facilitate the manufacture?

if methanol has a big advantage, it will be a good market for the methanol I get by pyrolysis of wood or by purification of wood gas gas

methanol alone is not a very good fuel for a gasoline engine:
0 x