Hydrogen generator

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
mortaurat
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Hydrogen generator

by mortaurat » 04/11/09, 17:51

Hello,
while looking on a famous auction site for a way to save money while driving, I came across something rather interesting, the hydrogen generator!
In fact it would be to use electrolysis to extract hydrogen from water and inject it into the air intake.
I was wondering if anyone had ever tried it, if their market and if it was profitable?

Thank you

ps: here is a link of the generators that I found
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=6 ... m14&_pgn=1
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hydrogen generator

by moinsdewatt » 04/11/09, 20:04

mortaurat wrote:Hello,
while looking on a famous auction site for a way to save money while driving, I came across something rather interesting, the hydrogen generator!
In fact it would be to use electrolysis to extract hydrogen from water and inject it into the air intake.
I was wondering if anyone had ever tried it, if their market and if it was profitable?

Thank you

Ah Ah AH. Another one who believes in perpetual motion.

Okay, the moderators will sink this to the sandbox.
0 x
mortaurat
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Hydrogen generator

by mortaurat » 04/11/09, 20:48

moinsdewatt wrote:
mortaurat wrote:Hello,

Thank you

Ah Ah AH. Another one who believes in perpetual motion.

Okay, the moderators will sink this to the sandbox.

Electrolysis has nothing to do with perpetual motion.
In addition, you should know that when your battery is full, your alternator always provides energy, this energy is lost.
If we use it for electrolysis why not?

Finally, injecting hydrogen into the air intake looks a bit like the pantone process (water vapor cracked in the engine). And it looks not too bad ...

I don't see why we can't talk about it ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/11/09, 21:07

I suggest you carefully read our topic "improved electrolysis". it will be quickly done, there are only 150 pages, broken down over 2 or 3 years. Our conclusions are clear:

"whatever the traders say, the production of an on-board alternator is insufficient to obtain a tangible effect" we remain within the measurement errors (0,2 to 0,3 liters / 100 km: nothing convincing)

So avoid spending your money with charlatans : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/11/09, 11:58

once again (...)
it is not because the others stopped at the side of the road that everyone should be stopped;
otherwise who will continue and get there? not with this attitude in my opinion ...

so to answer already:
no, an alternator does not produce all the time, only when its regulator tells it to, by observing the battery voltage. when it produces it literally "hangs", by hand or in a wind turbine if not modified, it hangs. well, a car engine drives it easy.
but if the battery is charged, it does not trigger and runs in "freewheel", a bit like the same onboard air conditioning compressor.

then that one speaks of hydrogen or of recombination of molecules H and O, for me that returns to the same, displease with the entrainers of choumes (sorry).

yes, the injection of such a gas is favorable to the combustion of the engine, which is better and + clean.

then, yes the alternator can produce a lot of energy, and yes we can achieve a much more efficient electrolysis than the standard one.

yes, gain measures are difficult to implement: like the 10 to 20% improvement with the pantone process! on petrol vehicles, but a lot more on diesel vehicles (lean / rich mixture difference).
but it does not even speak of a technical control with lower pollution!
what is important?
I think back to the mayor of vitry / orne who limits his com to pollution, and not to 30% less consumption.

So yes, you must read the associated subjects, but you must also test for yourself.
we also make water torches of this technique.

PS: I did not even go to see the eBay announcement ... but it is part of the ambient motivation for sure, it is market emulation.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/11/09, 13:12

in fact, what should be done by grouping with a few is a test using carboys to really see from which amount of gas measurable results are felt.

And then we will think about how to produce it.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/11/09, 13:51

electrolysis on photovoltaic and wind panels without energy storage (if in the form of relatively explosive cylinders) ... : Mrgreen: I still have tinnitus three years after petering the value of 20cl ...
0 x
mortaurat
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mortaurat » 05/11/09, 14:33

what is certain in any case is that pulling the battery in this way reduces its life expectancy ...
It is difficult to get an idea of ​​the pantone engine, but overall it comes out a positive opinion. However, not many people have tried the hydrogen generator: s
0 x
mortaurat
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mortaurat » 05/11/09, 15:05

Indeed, I will rather try bio ethanol and pantone with a friend.

Thank you for your explanations.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/11/09, 17:03

Yes but no !

to elephant:
we could even compare the H2 produced from the generator to see if we are talking about the same thing with the pantone

to marco:
the danger is also present with 3 L of gasoline

at mortaurat:
you can pull on a battery, as long as you charge it (alternator): as long as it works, it stays in good shape.

if i can give you some advice, banish bio ethanol and interest yourself rather in vegetable oil on diesel; =)

to capt maloche:
you compare what is not comparable;
you should not put the efficiency of 30% of the engine (which is rather 17% I thought) because it is the same that you put liquid fuel or this volatile fuel.
the improtant of the manipulation is actually to approach the 75% minimum efficiency for electrolysis.
knowing that on a combustion vehicle, there are always unburned (less with a little SP95 in diesel I agree), with alternator efficiency equal in both cases, that gives us the difference: the efficiency simply electrolysis.

if not with petrol, according to your reasoning, with a yield of 90% on hydrocarbon fuel (unburnt, heat, which depends on the engine), we also arrive at: 0.3 x 0.9 x 0.9 = 0.243
which is better than with hydrogen, certainly, but just as depressing!

knowing that by "burning" hydrogen, the combustion efficiency is improved ...
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."