Hydrogen generator

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/11/09, 23:50

Christophe wrote:So let's go on 5%! How much energy gain would that be compared to the initial fuel if say 100% (ideal case) of these 5% of carbon were rebrulated according to the following reactions: H2O + C -> H2 + CO then on the one hand H2 + O2 - > H2O + 242,7 kJ / mol and on the other CO + 1/2 O2 -> CO2 + 283 kJ / mol?

Remundo how hot you are, I let you conclude : Cheesy:

It would be nice to reach something between 10 and 20%!

We are not trying to influence the results!
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/11/09, 21:26

AH AH :D

that's good guys, finally these figures must not be far from reality

there remains a possibility, it is that the water vapor also acts before the end of the combustion cycle with carbon, which leaves an opening of 15 to 30% according to my small estimates

in this case, water becomes a fuel which dissociates with carbon under the action of T °, ​​the limit will be at ... equilibrium with the energy responsible for supplying the fateful 950 ° C in the combustion cycle
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/11/09, 10:34

C + H2O -> CO + H2

Then
CO + 1/2 O2 -> CO2 and H2 + 1/2 O2 -> H2O

C + O2 balance -> CO2

Hey Maloche, you're polluting GHGs !! :D

PS: lack more than condensing the water of the exhaust gases so as not to take it to the clear fountain : Idea:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/11/09, 10:40

Capt_Maloche wrote:there remains a possibility, it is that the water vapor also acts before the end of the combustion cycle with carbon, which leaves an opening of 15 to 30% according to my small estimates

it seems a bit optimistic anyway ...

We will never do better than ideal combustion.

However on the basis of 5% unburnt, we can only gain in relative 100/95 = 5.26%

Now there are other factors such as the "recirculation" of "lean" heat usually lost in the exhaust, but usable as sufficient to preheat water / air and thus increase the effective mean pressure. The gain is then a gain in the yield thermodynamics and not the performance of combustion
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/09, 10:46

Oops, copy / paste error for 1/2 O2!

Regardless it doesn't change anything but I still edited my post.

Ben Remundo ... haven't you finished my reasoning / calculation?
Well, I'll do it then ... Skrogneugneu! : Cheesy:

Yes Remundo, by polluting less with soot, we pollute more with CO2. So with doping we convert soot into CO2 ... but we also gain primary energy ... so the one in the other is this really unfavorable to CO2? Again to calculate ...

Hop hop hop o boulo!! : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/09, 10:50

Capt_Maloche wrote:there remains a possibility, it is that the water vapor also acts before the end of the combustion cycle with carbon, which leaves an opening of 15 to 30% according to my small estimates

By neglecting any chemical aspect, thermodynamically I am convinced that the "excess" of water vapor also allows a better thrust (longer, more uniform ...) on the piston ...

The reduction in noise and knocking and the improvement in flexibility found on all doped diesel engines is linked to this.

So we write this summary document "explanation of water doping in heat engines" for the association? :?:

Sorry I have not yet found the time to do the explanatory subject ... : Oops:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/11/09, 12:08

I have not followed all your posts in detail for years, indeed, a summary doc is a good idea.

But it should be "concreted" because the subject is sensitive and we quickly get "treated".
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/09, 12:10

Yes I see what you want to say. But it will be easy to concretize it starting from chemical equations ... that nobody can question.

Making and distributing summary documents on our past actions will be one of the 1st activity of the association.

Okay, will you finish my calculations or not : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

ps: concrete question, Obamot could help us : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/11/09, 12:14

well I did not understand everything, I prefer that you unfold your reasoning.

After, I could tell you you were wrong, that's what it means to be a teacher :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/09, 12:20

Pffff it is on that all the teachers have the infused knowledge ... It is well known : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

There is nothing to understand: I found the enthalpies of the 2 reactions potentially involved in the recycling of soot via water.

So just calculate what can bring 5% by mass of soot losses which would ideally be 100% converted into H2 then H2O and CO2 ...

I think you can do it right? : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."