E85 ethanol kit for gasoline vehicles -> Who tried?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
gary
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gary » 12/06/08, 23:22

Since I have put down my kit which cost me 400 €, I am super happy.
I had no engine problems, everything works as before and I have driven 2000 km.

And in conso what does it give compared to the SP?

To amortize the 400 € taking into account the surplus of consumption it will be necessary that you make a pack of KM, moreover I am almost certain that if you remove the kit it will work as well!
0 x
RM 36
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by RM 36 » 13/06/08, 19:49

Remove the housing? I don't want to do a ****** ie, at least with the case, it works and it's made for.

In terms of profitability, in fact I earn 30 to 35 € with each refill compared to my refills of SP.

As I make less than 500 km by full, that means that I have to make 6 or 7000 km.

I do 16/17000 km per year, so I should reach them in 4 1/2 months so very soon.

I fill up between once a week or once every 1 weeks (depending on my driving and the job). And I therefore earn between 1 and 2 € per month of savings.

So much for the calculations if there is no error.

We can not say that I did not do well to buy my case.
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 14/06/08, 14:06

Your box can always be reused on another vehicle normally.

The only problem is the few stations that sell E85 and it is not sure that it will develop with the controversy over biofuels that increase the taken grain ...

By cons LPG is more expensive to install but there are 1100 stations in France; the installation is around 3000 euros and there is no more state aid except for cars under 3 years old which emit less than 130 (or 160?) g of CO2 per km, so very few cars.

Otherwise if you have a car already equipped it comes almost half the price of gasoline or diesel (0,75 euros per liter but + 15% consumption in * +; it's the same for E85) .

It is true that it is easier and cheaper to install an E85 kit.

Mid I will try my old gasoline carburetor of 1986 by modifying just the jets and the advance, but for the moment no pump E85 near my home.
0 x
RM 36
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by RM 36 » 15/06/08, 21:35

It is true before buying my E85 FFV box, I thought about LPG.

But for LPG, there are several concerns:

1 ° / I have a vehicle more than 3 years old so no state aid is therefore 3000 € point barre.

2 ° / You have the bulk of the tank in the trunk since you are obliged to take the place of your spare tire.

3 ° / Certain vehicles cannot receive this tank, I inquired at the time when I had a 206 CC, it was impossible.

4 ° / If I sell my car, I can collect the box and put it in my new box if it is a 4 cylinder. While for the LPG, given the stuff to install it is impossible to dislodge it.

But in fact what convinced me was the price difference, the case I paid 400 €.

And for the stations you have to be lucky to have one near you. That's my case. And at worst I can also drive SP95.

On the other hand, concerning the stopping of the biofuel sector it seems impossible to me since you have factories of biofuels which obtain authorizations to be built everywhere in Europe and I even read on the net that it was built 2 in Belgium while superethanol is not yet marketed there (probably in 2009).

So given the colossal investments, I find it hard to see how they could all go "backwards".
0 x
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

e85 kit

by 95 » 29/07/08, 00:17

hello everyone I allow myself to contradict because it's done now 1 and a half years that I have installed my kit e85 ask by power system and I have never had a problem in 35000 kilometers traveled the concessions in par-amen tells you n no matter what! my car is followed by a small garage which is very good and nothing has signaled !! for my part, this allowed me to make a lot of savings and to be able to pay me a nice vacation for this summer :-) on the other hand, get well information the kit that you have to buy nai pa is not reliable because it causes an overload on the ki injectors allows you to deregulate them so that you can run on ethanol dapres se ke my mechanic entrust it to me therefore likely risk of niké t injector c for its ke i have opted for our power system kit (the voyan ki salume c just the tone of exhaust ki does not understand why your vehicle leaves 02 o place of the usual co2 problem ke the fitter to settle with a suitcase lor de la poz on my vehicle
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 29/07/08, 06:35

What do you die?

Poor France ... the beauty of the language is dying ... : Cry:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: e85 kit

by jonule » 29/07/08, 11:49

dereck 95 wrote:the voyan ki salume c just the tone of exhaust ki does not understand pa why your vehicle leaves 02 o place of the usual co2 problem ke the editor to settle with a suitcase lor de la poz on my vehicle

hello, this subject interests more than one to "fool" the lambda sensor of the vehicle when adding pantone fuel or other, you could tell us + please?
a reset / reset of the computer is done when the vehicle is on new fuel or something like that?
or the probe can be modified via the diagnostic socket? I know that some parameters are via software for the tuning + socket to be adapted on the diagnostic socket, but I don't know if all the parameters are available? ...
0 x
Spring27
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

ETHANOL KIT

by Spring27 » 26/09/08, 17:02

HI GUYS,

I would be interested in the ethanol kit at 300 euros. can you send me an email to spring_fellow_hawk@hotmail.fr

thank you in advance
Spring
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 05/10/08, 18:55

I just got interested a little closer to the e85 because there are stations not far from my home, at 0.85 € per liter.

I have a Laguna petrol 2.0l multipoint injection which could be perfectly suited for a "conversion" to E85. I put conversion between quotes because in fact it is enough simply to enrich the mixture, therefore inject more fuel.

On a recent gasoline car with lambda probe, one can go up to a certain percentage of E85 in the tank without problem because the calculator will enrich the mixture all alone thanks to the feedback of the lambda probe. Beyond a certain percentage of E85, the computer will no longer want to regulate and will no doubt consider that there is a fault.

To avoid this, you simply have to insert a box between the computer and the injectors to extend the pulse sent by the computer to the injectors. It's really stupid! For E85 at 100%, 30-35% more fuel must be injected, so extend the injector pulses by 30-35%. The best in my opinion is to mount a potentiometer to be able to adjust as you want the enrichment between 0 and 40%.

What revolts me is the price of these boxes sold in the form of kits !! It's theft compared to what it does!

In short, being an electronician I will do it myself, a small microcontroller, a mosfet per injector to control, a little piece of software and voila. J'image but without messing there are for less than 20 € of components, case included!
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/10/08, 18:42

Good for info I just made my case 8)
Diagram and routing are finished, it remains to wire it and make the software.

For info I put everything available on my site:

See http://chaenel.free.fr/cmsimple/?Econom ... thanol_E85

and

http://chaenel.free.fr/cmsimple/?Electr ... thanol_E85

I can't wait to mount on the car and try!
0 x