E85 ethanol kit for gasoline vehicles -> Who tried?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/01/08, 22:25

Bonjour à tous

davidex wrote:Online stores sell (420 €) an e85 kit in the form of an electronic box which allows you to know the fuel composition of your tank ("normal" gasoline, bioethanol, or a mixture of the two), and calculates the best air / fuel for the engine.

Is this kit approved? If it allows an increase in power, I think the insurers will not follow.

jonule wrote:... and if not we can know where all this lead has gone, and what quantities it represents?
l

There have been lots of studies on this lead pollution. Pollution was very significant in the immediate vicinity of the roads and decreased rapidly as one moved away from it. Since the ban on fuel the situation has improved on the side of our roads, but in any case the lead has migrated well somewhere ....: Evil:

http://www.inrp.fr/Acces/biotic/environ ... /plomb.htm

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 12/01/08, 09:26

Chatham wrote:There is nothing to develop when it comes to a grotesque malicious invention as in unfortunately we often meet when we talk about pantone or super trick or thing that never existed or did not give results convincing except in the imagination of their inventor (I am a technician not an enlightened ... I believe only what I can measure): the cause of additivation to lead I described it and we can still add the protection and lubrication of steel valves for fitting donkeys and seats in cast iron, in particular those cut directly in the cast iron cylinder head (notably Ford and Opel until the end of the 70s) ...

quite, to protect engines which was made with "aciechinois" : Lol: looks like currently! , after the war, the shortage of raw materials meant that the steel was much worse !!, by the way, the older engines resist better !!! : Shock: a 4 C1930 engine accepts lead-free! not the last pull-ups .....
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/01/08, 10:10

Flytox wrote:Is this kit approved? If it allows an increase in power, I think the insurers will not follow.

When we suddenly see the number of websites that suddenly start selling them, I don't think that this is the first concern of kit merchants ... just like the engine's maintenance ...
0 x
vassago076
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vassago076 » 12/01/08, 14:27

poissnight wrote:It's still me, it seems that I found a way to overcome the problem of aggressiveness of the E85 on the valves / valve seats

The solution: to install a graphite, a graphite is a small system allowing the lubrication of the top engine (cylinder head) by an injection of an "oily" compound by the admission.

The kit, simple to install, is highly recommended for LPG vehicles with low lubricating power, a bit like ethanol, the complete kit with lubricant can cost around 80 €

One liter can every 10-15000km and 1 liter will cost around € 15.

I think this solution makes it possible to overcome the "fear" of HS valve seats and I think that even with this purchase, economically it remains interesting ...

It's up to you, but the solution exists: a graphiter

hello I would like to return to the main subject by asking a few questions:

1- if I understood it correctly, this graphiter is a system for injecting an oily mixture and therefore my question PK do not directly put this "oil" in the tank before full as in our youth is our old 103 2times : Cheesy: or with lead additives for petrol engines

2- it was a bummer so that injection engines can recognize the type of fuel and adjust the air / fuel mixture, but for carbureted engines I think that an air richness adjustment can be sufficient and therefore a system like the "colortune" is it adapted to make this adjustment?

http://www.selectronic.fr/upload/produi ... e/7223.pdf

please
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 12/01/08, 19:56

vassago076 wrote:
1- if I understood it correctly, this graphiter is a system for injecting an oily mixture and therefore my question PK do not directly put this "oil" in the tank before full as in our youth is our old 103 2times : Cheesy: or with lead additives for petrol engines

2- it was a bummer so that injection engines can recognize the type of fuel and adjust the air / fuel mixture, but for carbureted engines I think that an air richness adjustment can be sufficient and therefore a system like the "colortune" is it adapted to make this adjustment?

Adding graphite in the fuel it works, it was done but on fuel cars, however there is a big problem: graphite is a solid and even very finely pulverized it tends to settle, moreover I do not think it would work on an injection because of the filtration and the ultra fine orifices of the injectors ...
Colortune (candle with ceramic window) it is fine to adjust a collector car, but it is not precise enough for a modern ... Note that the fuel cars are all very old now ...
0 x
vassago076
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vassago076 » 12/01/08, 20:04

ok my idea was good for a fuel car : Cheesy:

for graphite do you mean that? :

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphite

but is there a way to find the equivalent in liquid form or is there an oil capable of replacing it?
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 12/01/08, 20:32

there is no liquid graphite because graphite, well it's not soluble ..., but probably viscous liquids containing it in suspension, a bit like the old Antar Molygraphite ..
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/01/08, 23:07

Hello Chatham

Chatham wrote:there is no liquid graphite because graphite, well it's not soluble ..., but probably viscous liquids containing it in suspension, a bit like the old Antar Molygraphite ..

This Antar Molygraphite was special fouling of the engine for the 2cv for example. The bottom of the rocker cover was filled with a thick, semi-patty gray deposit (5 to 8 mm thick?). Everything else about the engine was very filthy ....:frown:

At Citrôen when the customer wanted to change the oil to add something much more detergent, they strongly advised him that if the buildup of dirt in the engine went away too quickly, it could damage (kill) the engine.

In short, the additive graphite in the oil leaves me skeptical. : Mrgreen: By cons adding 0.5 1% oil to its essence, it's something they did on F8 V1 Cosworth to extend the life of the indirect injection system and the high engine.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
vassago076
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vassago076 » 13/01/08, 02:05

yes but will there be an oil capable of reproducing this with ethanol?
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 13/01/08, 08:28

Flytox wrote:
This Antar Molygraphite was special fouling of the engine for the 2cv for example. The bottom of the rocker cover was filled with a thick, semi-patty gray deposit (5 to 8 mm thick?). Everything else about the engine was very filthy ....:frown:

Indeed, it illustrates well the disadvantages of graphite whose distribution in a fluid is never homogeneous, but the deposits only concerned the old Molygraphite oils because from the 70s they were also detergent and much less loaded with graphite and no longer caused deposits.
0 x