Difficulties and bankruptcies of biofuel factories

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/06/08, 13:51

yes yes promises always promises, well I want to have photos: reports of this cogeneration installation then! -) ......

now you want to support the fact that all French ethanol comes from French beetroot, I understand correctly?

finally if you are OK to make alcohol not for drinking but for cars ... well I prefer to drink it ;-)

I'm just saying instead of making beet they would do better to make rapeseed, not only no need (as much) for transport, pressing on site, no taxation (100% biofuel), and especially cake = animal feed substitute GM soya USA.

Cristanol bazancourt: 20% beet, the rest is wheat:
"12 ha of beets and 500 ha of wheat" taken from:
http://www.terre-net.fr/outils/fiches/FicheDetail.asp?id=19910

so stop talking about sugar beet (it's bad and not good, you might as well take brazil cane), and instead talk about wheat and corn!

it will immediately be less hypocritical
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/06/08, 13:56

by the way ... what is the link between the increase in diesel fuel, ethanol production and GMO corn?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/08, 13:57

Woodcutter wrote:In France (and in this region in particular) we also make ethanol from sugar beet, which is not a food crop and whose production is perhaps more interesting for this use. rather than stuffing us with sugar in food!

Uh objection we can very well eat sugar beetle. Besides, to reconcile the children with the vegetables it would be a good way (instead of making mix + or - natural) ...

And if I am not mistaken it is (a little) used in animal feed.

Woodcutter wrote:I do not know if the balance sheet is really better than for cereals, but at least it does not compete with food ...

Directly maybe not but indirectly: it will inevitably influence more or less on the sugar industry, therefore food ...

For yields: see CNAM doc
https://www.econologie.com/valorisation- ... -2985.html

Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 06 / 08, 14: 00, 2 edited once.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/06/08, 14:00

jonule wrote:[...] now, you want to support the fact that all French ethanol comes from French beetroot, I understand correctly? [...]
Well done for the generalization! You know how to read ?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/06/08, 14:03

well yes, and precisely I found your argument negligible: I find no more interest in making alcohol from beets if it is used as fuel, rather than eating it.

how's that nobody eats it? : Lol:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/06/08, 14:04

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:In France (and in this region in particular) we also make ethanol from sugar beet, which is not a food crop and whose production is perhaps more interesting for this use. rather than stuffing us with sugar in food!

Uh objection we can very well eat sugar beetle. Besides, to reconcile the children with the vegetables it would be a good way (instead of making mix + or - natural) ...
And if I am not mistaken it is (a little) used in animal feed.
[...]
Well, no, in the information that I had the sugar beet cannot be used for anything other than making sugar, hence my post ...

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:I do not know if the balance sheet is really better than for cereals, but at least it does not compete with food ...

Directly maybe not but indirectly: it will inevitably influence more or less on the sugar industry, therefore food ...
[...]
I read somewhere that the sugar industry (beetroot) is losing speed, which would also be why the sugar companies have responded so favorably to this type of project ...
In any case, no competition, but "new outlets" as they say in finance ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/06/08, 14:09

jonule wrote:well yes, and precisely I found your argument negligible: I find no more interest in making alcohol from beets if it is used as fuel, rather than eating it. [...]
Since we have to come to this ... : roll:

Text explanation:
jonule wrote:[..] in France no sugar cane, cristanol is wheat and corn, a heresy ... [...]

to which I answer: No. Sugar beet is also used, by Cristanol, in significant quantities (see article)

And there you take me out:
jonule wrote:[..] now you want to support the fact that all French ethanol comes from beets French, do I understand correctly? [...]

So I ask you: do you know how to read what your interlocutors write? : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/08, 14:11

Calmos Lumberjack :)

The prefix of the nickname of jonule is, sometimes, badly chosen ...

For the yield I forgot the most important:

The yield per hectare of sugar plants is therefore much higher than that of cereals, but the yield / mass of products is the opposite.

Now I don't know if it's GROSS or NET (input deducted).

I guess RAW
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 26/06/08, 14:56

Come on, gentlemen!
* Sugar beet: production of sugar (including vergeoise), and secondarily of alcohol and fuel ethanol; by-products: molasses which still contains 50% sugar is an appetizing food for animals, beet pulp, residue from sugar extraction, is generally dehydrated for the same use; molasses is also used in the production of baker's yeast; the snares and leaves are used for animal feed or are returned to the ground.

2,3-Butanediol is derived from starch and sugar beet.

Wikipedia extract

: Arrow: therefore we consume beetroot, but in forms that are not necessarily wise dietetically and ecologically, that is to say processed into sugar or transformed into meat. Incidentally, it has uses in the chemical industry. Everyone is therefore somewhat right.

: Arrow: But, rather than arguing about beets, isn't the real subject how we want to organize our territory and our society? After all, the land currently dedicated to beet could just as well be transformed into orchards, for example. And there the choice would be clear: eat apples rather than drive a car.

I'm not sure I expressed myself clearly but I will try to clarify that during the discussion, if that interests you.
Last edited by Christine the 26 / 06 / 08, 15: 05, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/08, 14:57

Oh well I knew it was foraging :)
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."