Diesel incompatible with oil?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 26/06/06, 18:24

PS: the WS works very well too, but it is traced it seems to me :-(
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 26/06/06, 18:57

Hello

What do you mean by tracing?

colored identified

Andre
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 27/06/06, 10:39

Econology wrote:With Excellium?

I really don't see the interest of the author of this page http://picchou.free.fr/Test.htm to have made a false test ... Although it may be an oil tanker :D : Shock: :D

no, but you have to do several tests before deciding on the question ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/06, 11:02

jonule wrote:but if it holds: since you consume 10 times less WS than oil!

Mr Jonule, I'm not comparing Oil + additive with 100% petroleum fuel but between the use of a FUEL additive (GO, SP or Kerosene) and that of the WS !! You have to read a whole counter argument ...
Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 06 / 06, 11: 19, 2 edited once.
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 27/06/06, 11:05

By tracing we mean that they put a detectable dye in it even when it is very diluted. So basically, if you put it in your tank once, a few full after it would still be detectable by a rapid chemical reaction (HCl I think). : Shock:

They use different ones (yellow for kerosene, red for domestic fuel) and it seems that there are also in all petroleum derivatives in trade (including WS), but it is not really clear.

On the other hand, for the SP95, no tracer, and it liquefies almost as well as the WS. So it's more practical in the end, and it avoids using 1L bottles.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 27/06/06, 11:16

Econology wrote:
jonule wrote:but if it holds: since you consume 10 times less WS than oil!

Mr Jonule, I'm not comparing Oil + additive with 100% petroleum fuel but between the use of a FUEL additive (GO, SP or Kerosene) and that of the WS !! You have to read a whole counter argument ...

ouhla that time spent in the pitch! and during this time who takes care of the sheep? : Lol:

So like that, are there any who ride 100% WS? is this the basic reasoning argument? well i'm afraid of assumptions then ... but hey should i remember that you prefer to give to the state rather than to the oil tankers?

I remember against some who used WS in old mob, it rolled but it tightened soon after ... normal, must add oil!

> put some oil! : Mrgreen:
call me miss ;-)

---------------------------

+ seriously, in my opinion, what is likely to lead to a bad diesel / oil emulsion, is the fact that they incorporate 2 to 5% of diester in the diesel, which should not be used as an emulsion. I insist on replacing diesel with heating oil, which is cheaper and which allows better combustion and therefore less unburned HC particles. there was a Chinese article on 50/50 ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/06, 11:19

jonule wrote:in short is it still necessary to remember that 100% of diesel can run on oil? ................

I'm going to play devil's advocate but you have to be honest: 100% of diesel can run on a "low"% of oil ok but only a small% of engine can run on 100% oil without any risk!

Indeed, an engine is exclusively designed for 1 type of fuel (which explains the strong technological links, for the commercial it is another debate, between the manufacturers and the oil tankers). Putting an alternative fuel will obviously work but it can cause problems .... Do I remind you of the cetane number of pure oil?

If you want to run 100% oil without any problem in the long term, you must use Elsbett motors (for example) with high efficiency they were designed for that! (this is the battle of Mr Elsbett's life)

I'm not sure (and as an oily you know it) that an HDi has the same lifespan by running at 100% in oil even with a super preheating kit ... and even in mixing exceeding the 30%. Even the viscosity and the combustion capacities of the "red" already pose problems for Hdi ... that is to say !!

A diesel engine having run on oil which is HS after 200 km is not a good economic calculation! I guess you know what gray energy is?

And I'm not even talking about future HCCi engines (can be precisely designed so that they can't run on oil ....?)

ps: i'm not talking in a vacuum, i saw a 400 hp engine whose nozzle had been cast running on 100% used frying oil and filtered to 5 micron with preheating to 70-90 ° C and 100 % equipped with Bosch! It is not only the pump that must be taken into account in an engine ...

Conclusion: the oil as a fuel additive ok but 100% with petrochemical additives : Evil: on motors not designed for this, beware of the risks!

Anyway for the future I have a very big "confidence" in the oil companies / constructor / State to preserve their interests .... : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/06, 11:20

jonule wrote:So like that, are there any who ride 100% WS? is this the basic reasoning argument? well i'm afraid of assumptions then ... but hey should i remember that you prefer to give to the state rather than to the oil tankers?

You do it on purpose not to understand or you are looking for me voluntarily ??? : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

Yes I prefer to give to the State than to the tanker (not you ????) ... Do I remind you of the purpose of taxes: share the wealth and contribute to the functioning of the country !! Where's the tanker money going? For their mouth and the preservation of all-powerful fossil energy!

So yes I prefer to pay taxes and tax than to grease the tanker because with the State it is partially redistributed (note with the tanker it is also: in the form of lead for Africans !!)

jonule wrote:seriously, in my opinion, what is likely to cause a bad diesel / oil emulsion, is the fact that they incorporate 2 to 5% of diester in the diesel, which should not make it well emulsion ... I insist on replacing diesel with heating oil, which is cheaper and which allows better combustion and therefore less unburned HC particles. there was a Chinese article on 50/50 ...

Well here we are! So why do you insist on defending the WS as an additive? Ok for your hypothesis of missibility it is to verify! The problem is that the% diester is never indicated on the pumps ....: s
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/06/06, 14:49

jonule wrote:[...] + seriously, in my opinion, what is likely to cause a bad diesel / oil emulsion, is the fact that they incorporate 2 to 5% of diester in the diesel, which it should not make a good emulsion ... I insist on replacing diesel with heating oil, which is cheaper and which allows better combustion and therefore less unburned HC particles. there was a Chinese article on 50/50 ...
Argument based on what? On winds, rustling leaves, whispers, "we say"? : roll:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 27/06/06, 15:05

I must say that the depth of your answer overwhelms me ...
nothing, "my opinion" as I say, which is only mine! food for thought, if you want ...
wah what a lumberjack this lumberjack! : Mrgreen: but hey you don't have to bring it either I don't want to hurt you : roll:
well I see that a little adult humor does not grease old joints ... (smiley humor)

> I still insist to say that the HDi and DCi work very well at 100% oil, shortly to make the right adaptations.
+ there is a standard for oil, says the German pioneers; who will evolve as we know in 10 years it will be draconian and we will reinvent the wheel again?

but I ask WHO chooses the engine when buying? it's the consumer, right? everyone has their choice then, everyone is happy! tee! ...

thus the HCCi is indeed a weapon of the oil tankers, one will have understood well the history since the European standards on the pollution that they dedicate to the petroleum engines. but what after? the VAVOIRPARICi?

but rest assured in the rest of the world vehicles are recycled!
but that's not why we're going to go away, huh? 8)

why not buy all these old vehicles designed to run at 100% oil at startup, these good old indirect injections? sold to run 100% oil, that's an eco-friendly product! (humor smiley followed by wink smiley).

well if not how many% have you been riding since time?
0 x