Petrol Conversion Kit to E85

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Jamba Juice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jamba Juice » 05/09/07, 13:51

You have to stop with that, people have been driving for years in other countries with ethanol or alcohol with "stock" cars and if they broke engines at 20000 km I think we would hear about it ... In addition, there is always in the E85 (manufactured by Total by the way) unleaded which ensures a minimum of lubrication. It's amazing how one can be cautious in France that one touches his sacred car!
The modifications on the Flex cars are minor it is above all a commercial argument which allows the manufacturers to justify their environmental awareness ...
I work in the area of ​​the 2 wheels and at the time of the passage Leaded / Leadless we had the right to the same serenade with engines 2 time. needed additives etc etc ... at the end of 2 years no one was talking about it and everyone was driving unleaded in the old engines .... We are witnessing exactly the same thing with the E85.
In passing I was offered an insurance to guarantee my engine when I bought my kit (it must have been 250 € for 2 years I think) Bah insurance it remained at the insurer!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/07, 14:04

1) I'm not chilly ... I'm just suspicious of the kit sellers (in a general way) in the field of auto ...There is so much wheat to be made that it attracts many lusts ...

2) Do you say minor? So what about this?

https://www.econologie.com/e85-superetha ... -3467.html

Source: https://www.econologie.com/forums/biocarbura ... 79-80.html

3) In other countries, notably Brazil, people who run on ethanol are fine in flex cars ... and not kite ... Renault exported Flex there in the 80s so good to say that it is "Stock" it is the sales pitch of the kit ... am I wrong?

4) The lead in gasoline was mainly problem valves and seat ... Nothing to do with 2 time so ... if?

5) Ben you see you say it yourself: the very principle of an insurance offered by the seller indicates that there is a risk ...

95% of kit salespeople want to make money and get the hang of the planet or biofuel development!
0 x
Jamba Juice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jamba Juice » 05/09/07, 14:39

All this at renault? So why at Citroen on the C4 flex that will come out of the month they only talk about changes in valve seats and segmentation ??????? and of course ECU. What about valves and pistons?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/07, 14:43

JambaJuice wrote:So why at Citroen on the C4 flex that will come out of the month they only talk about changes in valve seats and segmentation?

Ben voila, once again you admit that the modifications of a flex fuel is not a simple ECU to change!

Renault engineers have done things a bit more complicated than those of PSA :) This might explain that...
0 x
Jamba Juice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jamba Juice » 05/09/07, 15:02

I confess nothing at all I just prove to you that it's not consistent 8)
And I do not see why in Brazil they would sell Flex kit for Flex cars ?????? (It's you who tells me a contradiction).
Anyway, we have different opinions so let's go our own way and we talk about it again in 2. But for now my car is doing very well and I'm really proud to ride the E85, I hope that at least that does not bother you ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/07, 15:06

Obviously it does not bother me, I am 100% for alternatives to oil but already a little less when these alternatives are made and sold not the tankers themselves ...

Otherwise I did not talk about a Brazilian kit ... or I do not remember anymore. In any case in this article it's flex and not kit:

https://www.econologie.com/bioethanol-te ... s-563.html
0 x
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 11/11/07, 04:17

cuckoo Christophe cuckoo everyone it was a long time that I had not posted here

I drove a lot of time with mixtures of alcohol to burn in my old injection trolley (no lambda probe above) ..... even that the mixture was too poor (it coughed very cold sometimes) : Lol: ) the mill did not even tighten (and yet I did the goret with) she has 241.000 terminals now and she can still tjrs like a new
.... I stopped the alcohol to burn after a breakage of fuel pump (750 € at the jap is the party of the slip)

I'll have to try some old bosh tiends rotary presses to laugh and see if it "doesn't get too stuck" with E85 if I see that it doesn't make the pumps squeal too much I'm going to try it again in my old jap (with a pump in exter not want to repeat a Japanese denso with 5000 balls)

Ps: Christophe ton forum has become enoooorme it's a pure ball : Mrgreen:
here voilou :P
0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)
... ______
... / ______ \
. (00 00 = H =)
..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/11/07, 12:00

Hello JambaJuice
JambaJuice wrote:I work in the area of ​​the 2 wheels and at the time of the passage Leaded / Leadless we had the right to the same serenade with engines 2 time. needed additives etc etc ... at the end of 2 years no one was talking about it and everyone was driving unleaded in the old engines .... We are witnessing exactly the same thing with the E85.

At the time I had 1 Peugeot 103, I was mixing it with SP95 or SP98 and 3% Motul synthetic oil. After about 6 months, I had to change the oil seals on the crankshaft bristles. Unstable idle, loss of power and clear spark plug -> too lean.

The mechanic where I got supplies told me that the problem was known and came from gasoline! The gasoline attacks the joint which "dries out" becomes brittle and hop air entry, and for the most unlucky tightening. The mechanic told me that this happened from time to time since the switch to unleaded and that on the new spinnaker seals, the manufacturers had changed the material.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 11/11/07, 13:54

I read above that going to the E85 is not a question of economics, but that it is a citizen gesture?
What about the production of E85? How much hectare of plantation will it take to feed millions of smokers? Tons of fertilizer?

For me the citizen gesture is to do without his car as soon as you can. And it's not that difficult. Personally I do not consume more than 1kWh of energy per day for my displacements (32Km).

And about the lambda probe: all mapping is not based on it! It just serves to correct a little mixture, which has been calculated thanks to all the other parameters. The proof, if I unplugged my crate (tests done when I was doing my hydrogen doping tests), it behaves exactly the same and the consumption does not change one iota.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/11/07, 16:49

: Evil: Well said nlc!
It is above all a matter of agricultural lobbies that want to replace the future losses of income caused by the disappearance of subsidies linked to the CAP by subsidies on AGROfuels they name in a very abusive way biofuels and that some experts in sustainable development do not hesitate to call NECRO FUEL because of the disorders they will engender !!! : Evil:

All who can, should follow your example ... 8)
I hope to follow you as soon as possible despite the 20km that separate me from my work ... :?
0 x