Combustion of Bio-Ethanol research information

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Combustion of Bio-Ethanol research information

by Christophe » 27/06/06, 12:32

I have the greatest difficulty in finding accurate reports and reports in French on the combustion of ethanol or bio-ethanol in gasoline engines (or NGV), in other words: what are the settings (especially on the advance and wealth) of a Flex Fuel vehicle?

Are some of you (especially André, since I know there is an 100% ethanol plane in Brazil) to have accurate information on the issue?

For the moment, the most precise information I have is this:
https://www.econologie.com/bioethanol-fa ... -3020.html

So it's pretty poor :(

Thank you

ps: for those seeking information on bioethanol in general and on these physicochemical properties this document is interesting: https://www.econologie.com/valorisation- ... -2985.html
Last edited by Christophe the 10 / 01 / 11, 16: 42, 2 edited once.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 27/06/06, 15:17

at 10% 15% with modified carburetor, for + must machine the engine and it no longer goes to gasoline, must remain ethanol.
those who have an injection pump (gasoline) motorcycles and others, there is a chip, a kind of electronic box to roll 85% ethanol. it's called "tune thing ...

but good dear christophe, or find ethanol? in cereals, corn that requires a lot of water and pesticides? then fermentation, let go of CO2, transport refinery etc? what is the balance sheet exactly?

I say abberation, that's my point of view. good, that Brazil uses sugar cane is a good thing, I think otherwise that there is a plant, the stevia, which would have extraordinary power level sugar.
also, a form of hyacinth would give 95 ° alcohol.

there are also processes to get between 95 ° and 99 ° from alcohol to 90 °, but again it's an abbement.

it is better to prefer LPG adaptation, and to use the gas produced from biomass!
I read on this site that Sweden had a train that ran on biogas ... it takes!
a pig farm near your home and it is the whole municipality that can be heated! rest of the fattening, and methanisation produces heat for greenhouses etc ...
a compressor and hop!
electricity / cogeneration is in the foreground.
small methanisers can be built (see website nrjrealiste) cheaply.

but good in France we have no biogas so we have ideas! : Mrgreen:

otherwise a good pantone is better than 2 you get it! ;-)
Last edited by jonule the 07 / 08 / 06, 14: 15, 1 edited once.
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 28/06/06, 11:41

hello christophe

I have a complete book that I bought in the 80 years called "alcohol fuel" in the edition ETSF
he explains everything from a production of a still to yeast drying in the way of extracting slow sugar (cereals) fast sugars (beterave, sugar cane, fruit) and sugars extracted from celullose ( vegetable wastes), the transformation of the engine
I do not know if it is still for sale or if it has been reissued but I can scan you the passages that interest you ...

for a carbureted car it is necessary to aleser the principal jet of 30% (1.3mm if it is 1mm of diameter) and to warm the alcohol via the cooling circuit or via an electric heater in winter
normally the fuel and 50% higher with alcohol (if a car consumes 6l / 100 has gasoline it will 9L / 100 has alcohol) but as the alcohol has characteristics that make it a better fuel than the fuel. 'essence I quote the two principal ones which are a better absorption of the heat of the oxidizer so better filling of the cylinder and thus more power ... octane higher than the essence thus possibility of increasing the ratio volumetrique thus possibility to earn points of performance so dimimuer the conso
but a motor whose volumetric ratio has been increased can no longer operate on gasoline unless it is a variable volumetric ratio but it is another story !!!
Last edited by pluesy the 28 / 06 / 06, 13: 30, 2 edited once.
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 28/06/06, 13:21

voila here ...

I scanned the cover and the summary of my book on alcohol book 220 pages and saw that I have an old pc scans are a horror! (+ 5mn for a page in 150ppp) so I can scan the best passages but not everything for now ... it will ask me too much time

the first scans are la -la -la et la
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
JAPREN
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by JAPREN » 20/07/07, 11:59

Hi, go and take a look at the 5 chapter of this link:
http://www.ec.gc.ca/cleanair-airpur/CAOL/transport/publications/ethgas/ethgastocfr.htm

If you are looking for values, I think it will be very difficult. Knowing that the development of a petrol engine with flex would be almost a MAP with a fuel with RON and latent heat of vap more important (I summarize).
0 x
Everyone is wrong, and I agree with everyone.
JAPREN
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by JAPREN » 20/07/07, 14:33

I complete: chapter 4 to see also ..
0 x
Everyone is wrong, and I agree with everyone.
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 20/07/07, 21:11

coucou

very interresting this link ca completes the info I knew dejas
here even if it is long enough to download (36mo ...) are some interesting facts more practical than theoretical (click on the bonds alcohol fuel ...)
0 x

[Albert Einstein]
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 10/09/08, 14:06

For your information an interesting info:

Cellulosic ethanol progresses to profitability
(src: University of Dartmouth)
A team of researchers from the Dartmouth School of Engineering made an important discovery that would pave the way for large-scale cellulosic ethanol production.
Scientists have developed by genetic modification a thermophilic bacteria, that is to say that can grow at high temperatures. This microorganism makes ethanol the only product of its fermentation.

The study was published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.

"Our discovery offers the potential means to facilitate the shift towards the transformation of inedible biomass, including wood, grass and various wastes, into ethanol," explains Professor Lee Lynd, who initiated the research.

"This thermophilic bacterium is advantageous in the short term", explains the researcher. It improves cellulase, the enzyme that can break down cellulose, generally used for the production of ethanol, significantly reducing the costs of the process.

Lynd adds that this discovery is only the first step toward future development of ethanol-producing microbes that do not require the addition of enzymes. This would allow the development of cellulosic ethanol at a competitive price.

"I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad sign: when I started this job 30 years ago, I knew it would be so important today."

"At that time, the tools of molecular biology were nascent. Now we can make progress much faster, and I anticipate more exciting advances soon."

The sequel as soon as I have news

Greetings from Lietseu
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/09/08, 14:49

Ben between genetically modified bacteria to make a lot of ethanol and poplar genetically modified to make a lot of cellulose, we are well surrounded! :?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 10/09/08, 15:58

Woodcutter wrote:Ben between genetically modified bacteria to make a lot of ethanol and poplar genetically modified to make a lot of cellulose, we are well surrounded! :?

We do not know what is waiting for us in this area!
On the other hand I prefer it to nuclear anyway, especially after what I read yesterday on the burial of nuclear waste ... The friend Jonule knows a famous radius : Shock:

With greetings from Lietseu
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...