Used vegetable oil centrifuge

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Used vegetable oil centrifuge

by bidouille23 » 09/02/12, 20:30

Good evening, good morning ,

did any of you already or did you just use a milk skimmer to clean the frying oil ???

I just grabbed a given very friendly, a diabolo that I will motorized, seeing that it skims the milk on the same principle as to clean the oil I think it should work very well right?

I take any advice thank you in advance

fred
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/02/12, 21:36

We even separate the uranium isotopes, even in Iran, despite the CIA viruses !!

But we separate bodies or atoms of different density, faster than in the field of ordinary gravity (number of g !!)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/02/12, 21:48

the cream separator was invented for milk to avoid leaving the milk and the cream to separate too slowly by simple decantation: the milk being perishable it is a shame to let it wait a whole day to separate the cream

for oil there is nothing wrong with just waiting: no need for a cream separator

another practical detail: milk is much more fluid than oil ... the high viscosity of the oil risks entraining everything without any settling effect

in a cream separator the milk passes between trays with a small gap, I think that the high viscosity of the oil will cause everything without separation
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/02/12, 23:44

the high viscosity of the oil risks entraining everything without any settling effect

The viscosity slows the separation which will be done if time is allowed, and if the density difference is sufficient.

By heating the oil, the viscosity decreases enormously.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 10/02/12, 01:00

re, as much for me, I only had to put I'm taking any advice :) .

I correct my request:

I take information and advice from someone who has already used a milk separator to clean used oil, knowing that I completely agree that it is necessary to heat the oil to thin it (the make it less viscous) in order to be able to carry out its filtration.
The goal is to use the oil in my car, and especially to filter it faster by heating with a BAB of course :) .

This being the CIA, Iran and Uranium are a bit far from oil anyway.
Then the oil is not perishable it is on, time is a way of decanted it is also.
That said when we can shorten the time required and at a lower cost which is the case in my situation, why not take advantage of it, is not;).

That said, thank you anyway, because I realize that at the base I formulated my question incorrectly :) , so much for me when you don't ask the right question or don't explain yourself well, you don't get the expected answers.

fred
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 10/02/12, 05:27

Hot filtration in the centrifuge for use in auto fuel ... You go straight into the wall ..

For the BAB the filtration must be summary ... If you have solid fats to filter it is much better to have a cumulus heated to 60 70 ° with a gentle heating which will allow the water to descend to the bottom

I have this system

http://www.oliomobile.org/fr/forum/down ... &mode=view

It's enough for a BAB with recuperation sheet ... and it filters and it settles gently by keeping your oil hot for your bab ..

For your sedimentation car 6 weeks, and rag filtration you have already done 90% of the taf without a single kw / h ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 10/02/12, 07:40

Little uncultivated question, what is BAB?

8)

After some research on the net I finally found:
BAB = ball burner.

: Cheesy:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 10/02/12, 08:30

Hi Rabbit,
I sent you a private message.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/02/12, 12:48

dedeleco wrote:
the high viscosity of the oil risks entraining everything without any settling effect

The viscosity slows the separation which will be done if time is allowed, and if the density difference is sufficient.

By heating the oil, the viscosity decreases enormously.

you answer as for a laboratory centrifuge which centrifuges test tubes: we can let it run for as long as we want

the milk centrifuge is something else: a continuous flow of milk passes between turntables and at the outlet the cream is separated: it is optimized to separate the light cream particles in the middle of the fluid milk

to purify the oil it is the opposite, it is rather the heavy impurities that we would like to separate

in a cream separator the solid impurities will stick to it and never come out
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/02/12, 15:26

Quite right, I'm more in a laboratory than making my butter !!!
0 x