Used vegetable oil centrifuge

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/02/12, 11:13

bricomax95 wrote:... I'm ok with having driven since 1998 kkes km with my 2.5 td in vegetable oil + LPG ...
Ah, I didn't know that there were LPG kits on diesel engines in France.
Can you tell us more about it. :?:
I no longer have an LPG vehicle but my petrol MPV, even if it drives little, is still much more expensive than my greedy LPG sedans ...

I am therefore interested in "optimizing" solutions. : Arrowl:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 14/02/12, 12:01

citro wrote:Ah, I didn't know that there were LPG kits on diesel engines in France.
I had heard of that one, but I still do not know if it is marketed :?:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/02/12, 13:14

In the US it is common practice here an elaborate conversion but there is a way to make it simpler without changing the pistons (according to a type which takes care of thermal engines of electric production polycarburants)

In Europe it is dual-fuel kits (diesel + LPG) English install.

French regulations provide for the registration of GPL GO vehicles and even that of Gazogéne GO ...
Namely, the system is generally quite easily modifiable to run on natural gas ...

What I'm looking for is a small monofuel fuel with a pressure regulator to run my briggs straton mower that stinks of LPG ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 22/02/12, 21:36

Good evening,

LPG side, take engines with more than 8 valves; ), the less the engine does not like LPG at all, more than 8 it runs a long time if you start with the original fuel, and you run the engine 5 min before stopping with the fuel d also to purge the circuit of all LPG.

Thanks for the info, from diesel engines running at GPl,

Otherwise I still haven't had time to try my arff cream separator, I give news as soon as it's done.

see you
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/02/12, 21:49

atention it is from diesel to natural gas: which means methane ... not lpg

another way of seeing: the diesel engine cannot run on pure gas ... but we can make co-combustion: we send a certain quantity of gas into the intake air, quantity always lower than what would be necessary to make the power, and we let the diesel injection pump inject what it takes to make the right power: the normal auto ignition of diesel fuel burns the gas too

I see it especially to use gasifier gas in standard diesel generator ... it's a bit of a shame, it forces you to use diesel much more expensive than gas gaz ... it's a bastard solution for Make up for the lack of a large petrol engine
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/02/12, 22:00

why 8soupape?

if the valve and the seat are of good quality it holds ... not the economic valve of the last engine optimized for lead

the older engines did not count on lead and work very well on LPG

I ran old bernard engine with LPG ... brig and straton ... aspera or mower technamotor ... each 1000 or 2000 hours with no problem related to LPG

the only one who really did not like is a honda GC160 whose exhaust valve has worn out at full speed ... it had to be adjusted every week ... until the seat is so worn that even valve lifted it did not open enough, and power drop ... this engine had a blind cylinder ... cylinder head and cylinder in one piece ... camshaft at the head with notched belt in the oil ...

Chinese engines seem to support LPG without problems too
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/02/12, 22:51

A good sputterable engine has nothing to do with the number of its valves but rather with the quality of its cylinder head (ability to properly evacuate the excess calories caused by the combustion of LPG without deforming) and the quality of the valves and their seats.
I appreciated a Renault engine, 2,2 liters 12 valves for the ease of control / adjustment of the valve clearance (Screw and locknut as in the good old days).
I also liked the Volvo 2,5-liter 20-valve engine for its hydraulic valve clearance (more settings, very reliable).

More seriously, Diesel - LPG "co-carburetion" works in idle diesel mode. The diesel injection pump provides pilot injection which ignites the fuel. The LPG is dosed to ensure operation under load (acceleration, cruising speed, etc.).
This type of engine seems more relevant to me than bi-fuel petrol - LPG because:
- The combustion of LPG (flame front speed) is slower than that of petrol and offers the best of its performance at low revs, as in diesel engines.
- The simplicity of the diesel engine, devoid of spark plug, facilitates operation. In dual fuel, it is advisable to mount hotter and high quality candles, LPG requires more energy to ignite.

Run LPG mowers, why not ... Many people fill up their gas cylinders on the LPG pumps ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/02/12, 23:18

LPG is interesting instead of petrol because it is cheaper

compared to diesel there is not a big profit to be made

when you have a diesel no need to go ..... with LPG

do not simply compare the price per liter: LPG is much lighter than diesel, and it is the calorific value per kg which is constant for all hydrocarbons ... the energy per liter of LPG is lower and ca consume more

I do not even find the LPG very interesting on a petrol car: the tank is heavy and bulky

I have an LPG filling cap on a vehicle, but it is mainly used to fill propane bottles in LPG stations without being noticed: LPG is cheaper than bottled propane ... and also cheaper than propane that some have delivered to the tanks for heating

currently for gasoline vehicle it is especially the ethanol E85 which is interesting

it was more than 10 years ago that the LPG was interesting
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/02/12, 08:19

chatelot16 wrote:
if the valve and the seat are of good quality it holds ... not the economic valve of the last engine optimized for lead

the older engines did not count on lead and work very well on LPG

It was in the old engines that lead in petrol was needed to lubricate the valves
chatelot16 wrote:I ran old bernard engine with LPG ... brig and straton ... aspera or mower technamotor ... each 1000 or 2000 hours with no problem related to LPG

You are interested in me ... Where do you find the vapor pressure regulator and gas injector adaptation parts? I would like to convert my stinking mower to the pirate GPl in a bottle ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/02/12, 09:12

chatelot16 wrote:I ran old bernard engine with LPG ... brig and straton ... aspera or mower technamotor ... each 1000 or 2000 hours with no problem related to LPG
I dream of running a strong generator with natural gas or LPG to deal with the possible blackout that threatens EDF each year during cold spells.

The goal would be to power the house and charge our electric cars while recovering the calories to heat the house.
0 x