Burning used food oil with oil burner?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/09, 13:55

boubka wrote:ok, I stop
(...)
I have nothing more to add.

You see ojal, you don't annoy me ... : Mrgreen:

Sorry but my experience of forums allows me to identify people a little faster than average : Cheesy:
0 x
ojal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ojal » 15/01/09, 16:16

Christophe wrote:Sorry but my experience of forums allows me to identify people a little faster than average : Cheesy:

And could you tell us what you detect in me, which generates your thunderbolts? I do not see how my requests can be criticized ...?
0 x
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 26/11/10, 13:35

Hello,
is there anyone still here?

In the register of forum, has anyone not tried a bi-fuel burner like a car?

If it works on the car, why not on the boiler?

I start my car with diesel, and then, when the engine is hot, I switch to oil (since when it is hot, it has the same properties as diesel) then, before stopping, I switch back to diesel to allow the next cold start.

why wouldn't it work on an oil burner under these conditions?

In any case, my next ball burner that I am doing I will integrate at the level of the central air duct an oil burner (powered by biodiesel) which will ignite or heat me. I am tempted to try what I put above, the dual-fuel burner.
The new burner will therefore be able to run on grease (as I am doing at the moment), or biodiesel, and ... can be pure oil by the burner. The balls part will always allow me to burn everything that is not top as fuel
0 x
Manoria 68, fried researcher, technician of its oil mill
Didier68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Burning Used Food Oil with oil burner?

by Didier68 » 13/10/16, 18:48

Hello everybody
I'm a moment the discussions on your forum, I will intervene on the subject by digging up this post from 2009.
First of all, I am a master heating engineer, a legal expert near the Colmar Court of Appeal, a university professor in climate engineering and a collaborator of the UHA and the CNRS.
You will understand that the technical part is my hobby, I participated in the design of a HVB burner with a large (very large) national manufacturer. The marketing of this burner was abandoned due to significant constraints in terms of installation and maintenance despite combustion results clearly superior to that of fuel oil (12% CO2, 4.5% O2, 0% CO and smoke 0).
An oil burner is ... an oil burner and will remain an oil burner.
Vegetable oil has absolutely not the same properties as fuel oil and many of the components of our good old oil burner are not capable of handling anything other than this good old oil.
The oil burner (whether HVB or HVA) is adapted to the viscosity of vegetable oils, unlike the good old oil burner.
In absolute terms, an HVB burner is an oil burner which has been modified: it is no longer the pressure of the fuel via the pump which will ensure spraying, but an air compressor. Secondly, the oil being much more viscous than fuel oil at room temperature, it must be heated to make it fluid and thus allow a correct spraying guarantee of correct combustion.
This requires a lot of modifications on a commercial oil burner, but is entirely feasible ... provided you find the essential elements and adapted to the operation of the machine.
Then, the approximation is to be put away in the cupboard, these modifications require tools, welding and know-how that the Sunday handyman with his keys at three francs six sous will not be able to implement.
It is necessary to take an essential element into account, a modified burner HVB is delicate especially in the phases of ignition and extinction.
A HVB burner works correctly at constant temperature and this means for several hours without stopping, therefore large buffer volume required. If you do not have the place to put buffer tanks in sufficient volume, drop ...
It already limits the candidates, we can not operate without having to clean daily with a boiler alone, in addition with a machine that contains only 30 liters of water .... I hope you understand that your good old install fuel oil is not suitable ...
The oil burner must be the result of a thoughtful approach, properly documented, if possible with the help of an experienced person who knows the subject perfectly at the risk of going straight into the wall and accumulating disappointments.
In case of doubt or inability to make the machine, turn to specialized manufacturers like Kroll or Giersch, it will cost you 3000 € but with a device adapted to your fuel and functional.
To drive the nail in, the specific parts for transforming the oil burner into an HVB burner come from the United States or Canada. Then you have to interpret the differences in units and make the right choice ...
Good luck for the reckless, but when we understood the principle and the details, only happiness.
Sincerely,
Didier
1 x
wiski12
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Burning Used Food Oil with oil burner?

by wiski12 » 04/03/17, 16:45

hello, I'm looking for someone with knowledge about burner temperature c1 (jet size, power line heater, ect), thank you
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."