Biofuel or biofuel? It's necessary to choose !

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Biofuel or biofuel? It's necessary to choose !

by Christophe » 24/12/07, 09:55

In many cases we speak agrofuels or biofuels by confusing them.

It bothers me a lot. Why not distinguish them in the following way:

- Agrofuel: fuel made from food or food plants.

- Biofuel: fuel made from a source biological nonfood (for the man).

Thus we would find the notion of agriculture in the 1er case and this would allowstop the amalgam that systematically condemns all biofuels because 3 multinationals have decided to develop the worst agrofuels for purely capitalist reasons! : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/12/07, 10:04

About agrofuels, I just wrote a "little" piece of news: https://www.econologie.com/ecobilan-des- ... -3567.html
0 x
O.Fournier
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by O.Fournier » 30/12/07, 11:43

Hello,

I just signed up after having searched in Google for "airplane + electric" (the life-size one, 9 m wingspan which flew in the south of France)!

Here, we must just remember that the massive production of bio / agro-fuels, as envisaged by the crazy agro-business, is still a total fraud.

Why ? Because this production will be carried out using modern agricultural machinery that consumes a lot of fuel. The energy balance is catastrophic: production does not even cover the need for production tools. A real shadokien gag!

The only solution is another gag: the world's major agricultural lobbies should convince farmers around the world to produce biomass by billions of tonnes without using fuel-burning engines.

Well, will have to find something else ... MDR!
0 x
We can not say it enough: think globally, act locally.
In other words, common sense near you. Simple, right?
OF
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/07, 12:42

Welcome here!

Yes but it is not only the fuel consumption that must be taken into account ...

Current agrofuels are obviously a farce but do not enjoy codamner all BIOfuels in general.

Here is what I think precisely: https://www.econologie.com/ecobilan-des- ... -3567.html
Last edited by Christophe the 30 / 12 / 07, 12: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
Toine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Toine » 30/12/07, 12:48

Sure ! Let's talk about necro-fuels!

http://www.la-bas.org/

Do a search on the latest issues in Colombia.

:!: Relevant journalism.

A book: Hunger, bagniole, wheat and us.

It's not that I want to dismantle agrofuels, but must
think about it: do "bio" carbs fix GHGs? No.
Is not the priority to fix them differently than in an annual cycle?
A plant for Christmas good idea, but fields for our cars no.
Even in bio.
If there is no economically viable alternative, the fall will be
strict !
And it will be the same ones who will drink, namely the poor.
I want to remind you that our society is developed through a
"dummy" energy in less than two centuries!
To understand, just take a look at the history of the earth (Devonian, not.)

Courage to us.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/07, 12:54

Toine wrote:A book: Hunger, bagniole, wheat and us.

I have not read this book but I think it is bad and give false prejudice because it condemns ALL biofuels ...

I do not speak in a vacuum since I have exchanged some emails with the author and he wants to know nothing about the biofuels of 2 and 3ieme generations which they have no reason, to starve populations (except those who eat regularly microalgae ...) ...

So I think it's a bit too easy ... to put agro and biofuels in one bag.

I suggested above (this is the purpose of this topic) indeed to clearly distinguish these 2 name for this reason ...
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 30/12/07, 13:07

It is true that producing bio fuel seems the best choice, but it will be to the detriment of others who can no longer eat by changing crops.
But we never talk of cultivable surfaces disparessent to build roads, houses, I always have in mind the image of the city that was separated by 2 km from vine, now there is a way 2x2, subdivisions, brief he must stay 1km of vine. AND this happens everywhere
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/07, 14:37

It is a bad judgment jessle! Modern agricultural productions are overproductive! Do you think that peasants regularly spoil their production to raise prices?

I do not even talk about surplus stocks that can not be sold after expiry.

In the USA it is 30% of the MEAT (so the agricultural product that has asked the most work) that is wasted by the agricultural system and the current laws of commerce! I bet it's more for cereals ... on the other hand, many people have trouble feeding on Earth. Such a situation is, in part, due to agricultural aids and subsidies of all kinds that allow such a mismanagement.

I therefore strongly doubt that 3e generation biofuels, such as microalgae, affect anything on the surface of agricultural land.

Especially that we can cultivate them on non-agrarian lands !!
It just takes a fairly flat and ... sun! The deserts would be perfect biofuel plants and in addition their productivity is enormous compared to conventional agrofuels.

Look at the microalgae numbers on 34 at 39 of this study to convince you

https://www.econologie.com/les-biocarbur ... -3566.html

Rape and sunflower are around 800L per ha. So if I calculate well the microalgae are from 73 (= 58700 / 800) to 171 (= 136900 / 800) times more productive than these 2 crops... rapeseed and sunflower are widely used to make diester at home (I wonder why ...)!

Also there FORT bet that overall balance level, the energy requirements are extremely less important for microalgae (no plowing, no seeding, no engrai disperse ...) reported recess by kWh produced.

It is the tankers who finance a large part of research on microalgae (look at patents) ... it is far from a coincidence!

Conclusion: agrofuels NO, biofuels YES
Last edited by Christophe the 31 / 12 / 07, 10: 31, 2 edited once.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 30/12/07, 16:22

With agrofuels! Long live biofuels!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/12/07, 17:21

Bonjour Christophe

Apparently in the various xxxpedia they do not make the same nuance as you.

http://fr.ekopedia.org/Agrocarburant
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agrocarburant

Some dictionaries seem to ignore the words agrofuel and biofuel. If there is no "official" definition, it may be time to "drop" one and taking into account your idea made from "food" crops or not. Hoping that the fame and the good ranking (rank) in Google of your site supports the acceptance of this "new" definition. : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132