Bioethanol: Can a car engine meet my needs?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/06/09, 20:03

pifpaf wrote:
the Boulle wrote:And also, I was thinking of using the water from the engine cooling system. Would you do it? And in what order? I think she must get cold in the engine, get out by the radiator and complete heating by the exhaust.

Or do you think the heat of the exhaust will suffice?

Is there water cooling on the gensets first?

Any power depand: Big group with stile truck engine are all water cooled

the small group of 2 has 15 kw are all air cooled, except some small group for boat which are very good but horrendously expensive

the engine cooling and the recuperator on the exhaust will give the same temperature of hot water: it will be in parralele as 2 boiler indepandante

there is almost the same power to recover on the cooling as on the exhaust

there is no silencer to put the recuperateur on the escape: this recuperateur must simply serve as a silencer: an oil boiler can be transformed into a recuperative evacuation tank ...
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 29/06/09, 21:13

Alas yes, they are expensive ...

Always the same stupid and unavoidable obstacle, except for people who swim in or have access to expensive credits ....

By your house too, so we are really dealing with a hand on this form of energy ... when we think that it has been around for so long ...

Is there wind in your house?

Wind turbines, they start to listen cheaper ...

Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 30/06/09, 07:54

Hello pifpaf,
Using an engine to make electricity, it works, in cogeneration, it's even better .. BUT ..
An engine explosion is used..10.000 hours, 20.000 max..and in addition, a good engine, it costs very expensive.
The solution, as suggested above, is the stirling, because it is very simple, and it lives old.
You heat the head of the stirling with what you want, wood, alcohol, sun, and you have a motor that drives everything ..
The problem is to find a stirling .. :?
I found only one address that seems to give good results.
I advise you to look at the photos of the following link.
To see the photos, you place your mouse on "stirling engines, and then you click on" photos galleries "
This stirling allows an electric power of 3.5kw / h, which is very interesting in your case.
http://www.stirling-tech.com/history.shtml
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
pifpaf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pifpaf » 27/07/09, 23:40

lejustemilieu wrote:Hello pifpaf,
Using an engine to make electricity, it works, in cogeneration, it's even better .. BUT ..
An engine explosion is used..10.000 hours, 20.000 max..and in addition, a good engine, it costs very expensive.
The solution, as suggested above, is the stirling, because it is very simple, and it lives old.
You heat the head of the stirling with what you want, wood, alcohol, sun, and you have a motor that drives everything ..
The problem is to find a stirling .. :?
I found only one address that seems to give good results.
I advise you to look at the photos of the following link.
To see the photos, you place your mouse on "stirling engines, and then you click on" photos galleries "
This stirling allows an electric power of 3.5kw / h, which is very interesting in your case.
http://www.stirling-tech.com/history.shtml

Awesome! I went through the site.

Sorry for the late response. A big thank-you!
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."