Bioethanol: Can a car engine meet my needs?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
pifpaf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pifpaf » 28/06/09, 22:40

elephant wrote:There is something 2 I would like to know

- you say it's "cold" in winter: at what altitude and at what latitude are you?
- 13 KWh / 24 h: already, with us the consumption of domestic hot water represents 9 to 10 KWh / 24h: have you already evaluated yours?

- I am at 850 meters, state of Paraná, not far from Argentina;
- I informed 7kw / h
0 x
pifpaf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pifpaf » 28/06/09, 22:42

the Boulle wrote:Good evening

in fact to recover the calories lost in the exhaust must be made a gas / water heat exchanger

the simplest is to take a tube diameter 200mm 1000mm long and to bend a coil of copper tube that is inserted into the tube

in the coil circulate the exhaust gas and into the water tube; the exhaust gases go this cool to the contact of the water circulating around the coil

the set finishes and waterproof gives 1entered cold water and a hot water outlet then a hot gas inlet and a cold gas outlet

mount the muffler after the heat exchanger so you do not lose calories

That's how I imagined the bazaar, but I wanted to make sure there was no ready solution.

Thanks to you!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/06/09, 23:55

you need to understand the power and energy units

7kW / h does not exist!

7kWh is an energy comparable to a number of liters of fuel

7kWh / h is a power: and so to speak 7kw any short: it corespond to a flow of fuel

7kWh / 24h = 7 / 24 kW = 0,291kW = 291W

so specify the power you really need because in this thread everything has been confused

an engine does more heat than mechanical energy: when we recover all the heat lost for heating a small engine is enough: much smaller than a car engine, for an ordinary house

then it is better to reserve the liquid fuel for the vehicles, the fixed engine for the house can be satisfied with a gazogene that burns wood or other solid waste
0 x
pifpaf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pifpaf » 29/06/09, 13:29

chatelot16 wrote:you need to understand the power and energy units

7kW / h does not exist!

7kWh is an energy comparable to a number of liters of fuel

7kWh / h is a power: and so to speak 7kw any short: it corespond to a flow of fuel

7kWh / 24h = 7 / 24 kW = 0,291kW = 291W

so specify the power you really need because in this thread everything has been confused

an engine does more heat than mechanical energy: when we recover all the heat lost for heating a small engine is enough: much smaller than a car engine, for an ordinary house

then it is better to reserve the liquid fuel for the vehicles, the fixed engine for the house can be satisfied with a gazogene that burns wood or other solid waste

I repeat:

- I evaluate my future average daily consumption at 31kw / day taking into account my current consumption and adding the devices I intend to buy. 31kw / day then. This daily conso is probably not important but I put it anyway.

- I'm evaluating my daily conso spike at 7kwh when a shower of 4500w + 2 heaters at 750w + everything else works at the same time. I guess it's this info that's important.

- Now this thread makes me change my mind about using this system to heat water so if I opt for the heat recovery of the motor my peak consumption drops to 2,5kw / h (7kw - 4,5kw of the electric shower = 2,5kw / h)

So I have to find a generator that can guarantee me 2,5kw / h and turn his exhaust model La Boulle, correct?
0 x
pifpaf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pifpaf » 29/06/09, 13:49

the Boulle wrote:Good evening

in fact to recover the calories lost in the exhaust must be made a gas / water heat exchanger

the simplest is to take a tube diameter 200mm 1000mm long and to bend a coil of copper tube that is inserted into the tube

in the coil circulate the exhaust gas and into the water tube; the exhaust gases go this cool to the contact of the water circulating around the coil

the set finishes and waterproof gives 1entered cold water and a hot water outlet then a hot gas inlet and a cold gas outlet

mount the muffler after the heat exchanger so you do not lose calories

Tell me the ball, the entrance of cold water you would do it at the bottom of the serprentin or at the top? Normally it's always down, but there will be a circulator and I prefer to ask the question before.

And also, I was thinking of using the water from the engine cooling system. Would you do it? And in what order? I think she must get cold in the engine, get out by the radiator and complete heating by the exhaust.

Or do you think the heat of the exhaust will suffice?

Is there water cooling on the gensets first?
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 29/06/09, 15:33

How hard to be simple !!!

Before you start a crazy thing, which consists of burning wood to make alcohol, (thus produces a lot of energy) and all this pure loss of cane sugar, why do not you build yourself a solar water heater ???
You will find plans here and on other sites
it's not Peru, M ... e!

If in Germany and Belgium too! we get to make solar hot water why not at home ????

As a reminder econology = economy ok, but also ecology and what you ask us are completely outside the second part ...
: Mrgreen:

Can not you take some pictures, explain your sunshine and Elephant will be happy to enlighten your lantern!

Meow!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Did67

by Did67 » 29/06/09, 15:48

pifpaf wrote:
That's how I imagined the bazaar, but I wanted to make sure there was no ready solution.

Thanks to you!

There must be some: these are called "cogeneration groups". the germans have developed plenty of it for biogas. The biogas-fueled engine runs an alternator. The cooling heat of the engine heats the water.

We are working on a biogas project of 70 kW. The hot water will be resold at an agro-food factory for great cleaning every night. The electricity injected into the network.

In low powers like yours, I have no reference. Seek everything under "cogeneration" ...

Otherwise, it can be tinkered with. You just need to have an outlet for the coolant once your water is hot, or your group is dead. With automatic "tipping". So it's not quite as simple as it sounds ...

But it would be a shame to heat water with electricity while you need to cool your engine! Even if you do not count your bio-ethanol (happy man! It's still a fuel!), It would be a little burn banknotes !!! We will call you Gainsbarre de la Pampa !!!
0 x
pifpaf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pifpaf » 29/06/09, 15:51

Lietseu wrote:How hard to be simple !!!

Before you start a crazy thing, which consists of burning wood to make alcohol, (thus produces a lot of energy) and all this pure loss of cane sugar, why do not you build yourself a solar water heater ???
You will find plans here and on other sites
it's not Peru, M ... e!

If in Germany and Belgium too! we get to make solar hot water why not at home ????

As a reminder econology = economy ok, but also ecology and what you ask us are completely outside the second part ...
: Mrgreen:

Can not you take some pictures, explain your sunshine and Elephant will be happy to enlighten your lantern!

Meow!

OK OK, I'm going, go for the solar water heater!

On the other hand, I would like to take advantage of my ethanol. So you advocate selling it and continuing to pay my electricity bill?

I do not burn wood for distillation, it would be a shame at the price where it is. I use the dried fiber of sugar cane.

"all this in pure loss of cane sugar" there I no longer agree. Do you think it's better to burn gasoline?

Every liter of ethanol that burns is a liter of gasoline that does not burn.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 29/06/09, 16:05

In my opinion, the future is all electric produced by wind and other non-polluting method .....

and solar panels Photo Voltaïques what do you do with it? There is on our site everything you can dream to improve your impact on pollution and reduce it ...

Thank you for her!

and about: welcome to econology!
And best regards from econologie.com

Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
pifpaf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pifpaf » 29/06/09, 17:34

Lietseu wrote:In my opinion, the future is all electric produced by wind and other non-polluting method .....

and solar panels Photo Voltaïques what do you do with it? There is on our site everything you can dream to improve your impact on pollution and reduce it ...

Thank you for her!

and about: welcome to econology!
And best regards from econologie.com

Meow :P

Solar photovoltaic panels cost a fortune.
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."