Bio Fuel Systems: micro algae fuel

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/08, 11:23

Hu? Planting? Soil type? Are you sure what we are talking about?

We are talking about MICRO ALGAE... https://www.econologie.com/biocarburant- ... -3388.html

It is cultivated in ponds (raceway). Most strains with fresh water! There is no planting and the ground is bumped!

It is therefore necessary: ​​water, rather flat ground, sun (enough but not too much not to heat the water too much) and rigorous monitoring of the culture medium.

That's all! You can grow algae on rocks enough that they are fairly flat!
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 20/09/08, 11:55

Looked:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/08, 12:10

Ah excellent flexible vertical pockets even better than Raceway ... 0 footprint. I did not know!

By cons bcp of work at harvest (raceway = a pump in the basin and presto it's off my kiki) or then must automate everything (1 drain hose filling in each pocket) and reported volume it must cost much more expensive!

ps: on the last photo it would not be a refinement? : Cheesy:
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 20/09/08, 12:32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ToojK_MJd0
in the back photo it's a coal-fired power plant in Arizona.
It was one of Greenfuel's most important experiences.
They recovered a large amount of Co2 and valid figures. (I can't find the doc anymore ...)
The experiment was stopped because the bags were not suitable.
They were overtaken by the algae maturing too quickly compared to the means of harvesting ...
The video project seems to me much more successful.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/08, 12:48

Good video!

toto65 wrote:It was one of Greenfuel's most important experiences.
They recovered a large amount of Co2 and valid figures. (I can't find the doc anymore ...)

Here is one (from doc):
https://www.econologie.com/biocarburant- ... -3576.html

toto65 wrote:The experiment was stopped because the bags were not suitable. They were overtaken by the algae maturing too quickly compared to the means of harvesting ...
The video project seems to me much more successful.

Ah well I was right! hihihi
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 20/09/08, 14:04

Christophe wrote:52 square km is a square of 000 km on the side or 228 square of 1000 km on the side ... i.e. nothing at the scale of the planet

Yes, it's nothing, and the impact on the environment? local at least.
The lack of light radiation that this will induce will not be much better than pesicides and fertilizers. Without counting the waste: what do we do with it ???
Possibly algae pellets (good idea, that, by the way : Idea: : Idea: : Idea: ), but hey I come to the conclusion that a large industry can hardly become ecological without disseminating its production:
Imagine 50000Km2 of photovoltaic panels grouped together: the ecological disaster. Imagine signs on the roof of each house: no problem ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 20/09/08, 14:07

Unless I am mistaken, in the photo above, these are not crops grown at sea, but algae bioreactors, may be even more promising ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/08, 14:14

But who has spoken of culture on the high seas? : Shock: : Shock: Before criticizing we should learn a little about the subject ...

For the moment I have never seen a micro algae project done at sea ... and for good reason: the environment would be uncontrollable and micro algae they need strict growth conditions !! You who are a biologist know this better than I do!

As for the other inconveniences, sorry but the silver bullet does not exist ...

I never said, on the contrary, that 52 km² had to be centralized.

Otherwise the oil we consume, it is not imported over 10 to 20 km? By chance?

For the PV: https://www.econologie.com/forums/combinaiso ... t6183.html
Last edited by Christophe the 25 / 02 / 11, 16: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 24/09/08, 00:53

Ethanol: sweet potato more profitable than corn!
http://www.bulletins-electroniques.com/ ... /56005.htm
According to experiments conducted by scientists from the Agricultural Research Agency (ARS), in the states of Maryland and Alabama, sweet potatoes provide two to three more carbohydrates than corn. The same result was obtained for cassava in the state of Alabama.
The carbohydrate yield of a plant is directly linked to the yield of bioethanol production. Two basic steps are involved in the production of bioethanol: hydrolysis and fermentation. Hydrolysis is a chemical reaction, accelerated by enzymes (cellulases), which break down carbohydrate chains, into organic compounds. Fermentation breaks down organic compounds into alcohols such as bioethanol.

According to these studies, the carbohydrate yields of sweet potato approach those of sugarcane which is the most interesting plant for the production of bioethanol. Another benefit of sweet potatoes and cassava is that they require much less fertilizer and pesticide than corn.

The primary objective of this study is to try to develop new sources of organic fuels without reducing the supplies intended for human and animal food. Indeed, the production of bioethanol from corn is identified as one of the causes of the current global food crisis. It is therefore essential to diversify agricultural raw materials for bioenergy production.
This study was conducted by Lew Ziska, an ARS plant physiologist in Beltzville, Maryland with the support of other scientists from the ARS National Soil Dynamics Laboratory in Auburn, Alabama. The research was done by comparing the carbohydrate yields of each plant. The results show that for the same growing and harvesting conditions, the sweet potato provides 10.5 tonnes of carbohydrate / hectare, while the corn provides only 3.7 tonnes / hectare. The cultivation of sweet potatoes for the production of bioethanol is therefore seriously to be considered. However, further additional studies are still needed to determine the fertilizer, water and pesticide requirements for such crops for energy efficiency assessments.

Greetings from Lietseu :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 07/10/08, 16:23

a copy / paste of a post on microalgae posted on oleocene

Quote:
it is proven, on econology an article or scientists suggest that it takes 52000 square km of microalgae panel to meet energy needs in terms of transport.

An article in econology is enough to prove that algae will replace oil? !!!?

I will need a little more

Quote:
a significant concentration of oil (20% versus 0,1% for the sunflower seed)

0,1% oil concentration for the sunflower seed? !!!? in my opinion (and it is also that of wiki), the content of sunflower seeds is rather 40%

Quote:
The culture of these plant cells, which reproduce by mitosis

Sorry, but citing mitosis as a means of reproducing plant cells is a bit like saying that there is a lot of salt water in the sea.

All this is not very serious

Apparently on oleocene they are bad about themselves lol
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying