Autoplus: drive on vegetable oil

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Autoplus: drive on vegetable oil

by Christophe » 22/08/08, 17:15

I was told (discussion with TF1 reporter https://www.econologie.com/forums/hvp-cherch ... t5954.html ) that the August 6, 2008 issue of autoplus had a large part titled "Roll on Oil" or How to Convert Your Car to Oil!

Download the file of 4 pages in .pdf: https://www.econologie.com/autoplus-doss ... -3893.html

ps: I wonder if ceci is not related to that ...
Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 08 / 08, 17: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
recup
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by recup » 22/08/08, 17:29

actually it was on the first page

apparently a European law would force the European country to run on biofuel

there were some tips to tell what kind of diesel engine (hdi dci old) supports better to run in oil
I do not have the newspaper anymore
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/08/08, 01:32

Yes, I mentioned it on the "animal fat and oil" thread I believe ...

I did not buy it.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 23/08/08, 07:20

Hello

A priori it must be this article. : Arrowd:

http://news.autoplus.fr/news/12017/Auto ... e-friture-
0 x
In eternal learning
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/08/08, 10:23

Ah thank you, here is the summary:

Auto Plus has rolled in cooking oil!

With the price of diesel at the pump reaching record highs, many motorists have taken the option of running on frying oil ... The opportunity for Auto Plus to test this "fuel" which has been banned until now in France, but which could soon be legalized.
Our investigators have therefore put to the test the different solutions, oil-gas mixture or 100% cooking oil.

In terms of consumption and budget, the verdict is very positive: savings on a full load of 50 liters are tempting (from 37 to 55 euros).
On the mechanical side, our reliability tests show that some modern diesels are at risk of breakage.

Note, a big warning for motorists opting for heating oil. Our tests are formal: to avoid absolutely!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 23/08/08, 10:46

Note, a big warning for motorists opting for heating oil. Our tests are formal : to avoid absolutely!

I'm wondering....
Our tests are formal! .. I quote, it means that they talk about mechanical tests ... no problems with VAT fraud ...
SO : Shock: in Belgium, why can farmers run heating oil, with their tractors, as part of their operation ?????
Maybe the tractor engines are made to run on heating oil, and not the car engines.
Ha, maybe they talk about the pollution point of view (suffers, etc.) so farmers can pollute more than motorists in this case : Shock: )
I do not know, I wonder ...
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 23/08/08, 10:46

Who rolls with cooking oil here ???

Give your marks of injection pumps and type of injection, your impressions, conso etc ... thank you
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 23/08/08, 11:14

carburologue wrote:Who rolls with cooking oil here ???

Give your marks of injection pumps and type of injection, your impressions, conso etc ... thank you

Hi Carburologist;
Question:
What does frying oil mean?
In France, for example, you have the oil that comes from the chip shops.
But you also have fried oils that come from Chinese restaurants, with sugar, salt, etc.
There are also other oils, other restaurants :?
I have never noticed any hints about this problem on the net; nevertheless, personally, I find it important following conversations with people that I will describe as sensible (in general : Cheesy: )
Think about this remark.
And to answer your question, I roll with a mixture made (in summer) of 50% Chinese restaurant oil, 44% of diesel, 5% of 95 gasoline, and a C99 pichette (mécarun)
The injection pump? KIKI diesel japan (it's not a joke)
The car, Nissan blue bird 2000 diesel 1990
I drive from 6000 km in filtered oil to 5 microns, and everything is going well.
The next step, stay at 50% oil in the winter, but with prewash pump, heated filter, and plate heat exchanger. and below 10 ° C, I will start with pure diesel.Image :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/08/08, 11:19

lejustemilieu wrote:I'm wondering....
Our tests are formal! .. I quote, it means that they talk about mechanical tests ... no problems with VAT fraud ...

This remark also "shocked" me ... mechanically speaking, it is less "dangerous" to run with red than with pure oil.

In other words: chemically the red looks much more like diesel fuel than oil ... in fact it's almost the same thing ...
Last edited by Christophe the 23 / 08 / 08, 13: 34, 1 edited once.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 23/08/08, 12:32

Christophe wrote: In other words: chemically the red looks much more like diesel fuel than oil ... in fact it's almost the same thing ...

Maybe just because some "reds" have more water?
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."