What if biofuels were not so green?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
dracula
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What if biofuels were not so green?

by dracula » 28/04/07, 19:10

I just read a dossier on biofuels
Biofuels, often presented as clean, are more polluting than conventional fuels? This is the conclusion of an American study, published in the latest edition of the online journal Environmental Science & Technology.

What do you think?
SOURCE
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/04/07, 22:33

I think we should ban the term "biofuel"

And I invite you to read this news entitled:
Put blood in your engine! The tragedy of necro-fuels
and published on the excellent site Kokopelli seeds who fight valiantly against the public authorities and the seed lobbies who wish to confiscate the free access of human beings to natural seeds and worsen the decrease in biodiversity. : Cry:
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 30/04/07, 01:49

An American study! :)
Country that lives and dominates the world thanks to oil ...

Monoculture is a danger.
But we still have room to produce more oil and ethanol.

I would have to read the study anyway;)

SixK
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 30/04/07, 09:37

Biofuels combined with the current market economy are a real Pandora's box. There is a 9 in 10 chance that it will lead us to a disaster if we do not block their marketing on a global level right now. It is a planned environmental and food suicide.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/07, 09:49

citro wrote:And I invite you to read this news entitled:
Put blood in your engine! The tragedy of necro-fuels
and published on the excellent site Kokopelli seeds who fight valiantly against the public authorities and the seed lobbies who wish to confiscate the free access of human beings to natural seeds and worsen the decrease in biodiversity. : Cry:

1) Sorry but it makes me laugh this kind of radical ecological speech ...

What is petroleum if it is not a necro fuel? Besides, it's black like death ...

2) For Rulian your remark is valid ONLY if the biofuels are controlled by those who currently control the oil (ie mamouth), the HBV in ultra curved line (therefore ultra localized production), "thoughtful" culture could be very beneficial to the planet ... I believe there are enough docs on the site on the subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php

A little in the same kind: there is a parquet in our village which makes wood briquettes with its sawdust waste, we will obviously go to buy our fuel directly from him so at the source (or almost) ...and the overall impact will be much less important than if we brought in pellets from a large production plant in a large “tanker” truck, the sawdust of which will undoubtedly have traveled hundreds of km before being transformed into pellets. It's the same problem with the "big" biofuel factories ...
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 30/04/07, 11:18

I agree that everything would go well with a thoughtful approach. But even in local production and short supply chain, production has no reason to be other than thoughtless as long as there is profit to be made.

Certain grain courts have already started to burn in Chicago with the start of investment in biofuels in the USA and Brazil ... and this is only the very beginning.

Agriculture is made for eating, I don't think we are so comfortable as that to allow ourselves to waste food to advance our heaps of scrap.

I am for biofuels, but NOT on the market and NOT for the average consumer. Only for the uses of the community and the public good (police services, firefighters, medical transport, medical centers, garbage collectors, diplomatic trips ...).

It is the only way to keep a reasoned production. Otherwise, it's the race for wheat, in every sense of the word, and disaster.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/07, 13:18

The small "honest" local producer does not care about stock exchange courses ... or at least he should! (in a nice ideal world that does not exist ...)

I don't think Alain Juste adapts his prices to a stock exchange across the Atlantic? If everyone had this "honesty" well, the world would be much better!

Rulian wrote:I am for biofuels, but NOT on the market and NOT for the average consumer. Only for the uses of the community and the public good (police services, firefighters, medical transport, medical centers, garbage collectors, diplomatic trips ...).

+ 1 / 2
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 30/04/07, 14:55

:frown: I do not understand you...
Either we reason in ecological, and Alain Juste (whom I met and approved) is right to make the HVB in short chain (with, I hope the minimum of inputs) and therefore an acceptable yield of the well at the wheel to the chagrin of lobbies of all kinds.

Either we resonate in necrotrafficant as reported in the news that I linked above. I remind you that a liter of French "bio ethanol" requires 1 liter of petroleum for its manufacture ... it therefore does not deserve the qualification of BIO. : Evil:
They are only laborers of agricultural lobbies (sugar makers) who are looking for new outlets, and especially new subsidies which will replace those they get from Europe under the CAP.
The CAP (Common Agricultural Policy) which redistributes (our taxes) has a minority of VERY RICH farmers, subsidies so that they leave fallow land instead of cultivating it and so that they do very polluting crops requiring force inputs (fertilizers, pesticides) and WATER, causing major disasters on our environment and our health. We therefore pay our taxes 3 times, in particular in the purification of our polluted water thanks to subsidies from the CAP ... : Evil:

This also happens in the rest of the (third) world whose populations are starved and massacred or chased away. Then we are surprised to have (a little) immigration, when we make life untenable at home. [/ B]
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 30/04/07, 19:37

Hello

HVP (clean vegetable oil), filtering 3micron; additive 5/1000 super 95.
For sale 0.50 € per liter available within a radius of 30km per barrel of 210litres.

origin: rondavel, macdaube restaurant.

100/100 recovery guarantee.

ecological impact; more than better : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

@+

PS: stop thinking terrestrial cultures and think a little algae. : Evil:
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
stef5555
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by stef5555 » 30/04/07, 19:45

:? precisely they seem to me to have heard on France 3, the petroleum lobbying have filed complaints against farmers and people who use these alternative fuels distributed without their controls

ps: the "people" = association, town hall employees, etc.

: Cry: but where are we going ???
0 x