Tips for Driving in e85 without kit

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
106E85
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by 106E85 » 19/07/08, 20:38

We especially expect feedback from users of E85 without changes .... not concerning the GPL which should not be discussed here ... finally. :frown:
0 x
Soon the end of oil .... let's think about the future.
gab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gab » 11/09/08, 14:58

106E85 wrote:We especially expect feedback from users of E85 without changes .... not concerning the GPL which should not be discussed here ... finally. :frown:

it drifted on the LPG but it is not so serious ???

welcome back to ethanol, I've been using it for say October 2007, my panda hasn't exploded, I got the 50/50 mixture the best. The more I had problems with starting up.

concerning consumption I turn in the 6.5 / 7.5 max at 100 for the "city".

no mechanical problems to date, the titine withstands its 300 km per week
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 14/09/08, 09:28

Hello

i have a lpg for some time. when the engine was stopped there was still a smell of gas. to resolve this odor problem, I switch to gasoline fuel a few seconds before switching off the ignition, which empties the gas pipes ---> no more odor.

on the other hand, as regards the geographical coverage of pumps, LPG or e85, there is very little in Languedoc Roussillon.
let's not talk about lpg pumps in spain, ten or barely more for the whole country
in Narbonne, only 2 LPG pumps (2 have closed recently) and no e85

jeff
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/09/08, 15:45

the pci does not have a big importance on the power of the engine

it is above all the maximum air flow which makes the power of the engine: the pci of ethanol is lower but it is necessary to put more in the sucked air: and the power produced is the same: the consumption is therefore well a little superior, but less than the economy on the price: that makes a good economy

for modern cars with calculator and lambda probe it should adapt on its own, except that before the lambda probe is hot the wealth adjustment is done at a default value suitable for petrol, unless the calculator keeps in memory the previous setting when it was hot: once again it would be necessary that the buyers of new cars requires to know the program that there is in their calculator

I put E85 in small generator sets with gasoline engine: classic carburetor: I enlarged the main jet: passage of diameter 0.72 to 0.88 ca gives the same maximum power but the progress is less good and the regulator stabilizes less well the gasoline speed

I also run a 50cc motorcycle derbi to E3: it works better than petrol because the fuel is a mixture too rich in petrol: the E85 solved the problem without dismantling anything
0 x
106E85
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by 106E85 » 24/10/08, 11:52

I tried the E85, and I am conquered : Lol:
I have a Peugeot 106 1.4 XSI from 1992, the first equipped with lambda probe. I put 23l / 48l of E85, or 48% and it works as well as SP 95.
The problem remains that of finding terminals as always, even in IDF.
I mainly expect this fuel in addition to the savings, a cleaning of the fuel system and my injectors (if it works : Cry: ).
Here, little feedback from a new follower of the E85 with a 16 year old car and without any changes ............. : Cheesy:
0 x
Soon the end of oil .... let's think about the future.