The truth about the GPL

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

The truth about the GPL

by abyssin3 » 05/01/06, 15:35

an interesting article appeared:

http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/2005/g ... ropane.php

Clearly, the LPG is not in the best. Each fuel seems to have its qualities and defects ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/06, 17:38

"This first point is no longer made by any professional, but it still seems likely that some LPG is lost, burned at the top of the flares, because the oil companies did not know what to do with it. from the barrel of oil, at the price of a cubic meter of natural gas, one must be foolish enough to believe such nonsense. "

I want to believe this (but I do not like their tone) but then what is it burning in the torch refineries?

Because they burn all the time ... and sometimes damn loudly (torchere of the Reichstett refinery which is seen from 20 km times)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

we want to "break" the LPG ??

by jean63 » 06/01/06, 01:06

Well, let's admit they're right.

Now I will make my arguments:

1 - I ride LPG from 1998 with an R25 that now has 300000 km.

2 - I find that after 7000 km, the engine oil is still as clean as 1er day, which is far from the case of diesel (after 500 km is black at home black).

3 - LPG does not emit particles that cause lung cancer (even Hdi). I have read articles by scientists who say that we are heading for disaster with diesels, because even FAPs can not stop the finest (and most dangerous) particles ..... and do not count not the number of diesels that run with a FAP !!!!

4 - When filling the tank, it is well known that it should put a mask because (with gasoline) we breathe a lot of substances (additives) ultra-dangerous to health (cancer still).
This is what the detractor of LPG says => [i]We know that a car LPG rejects less than a gas car (CO2), but that's about all. We can however explain why, this is due to the much simpler composition of LPG, which is essentially a mix of butane (49%), and propane (49%), while the essence is a real soup of molecules . There can be 200 different molecules in a single liter! This simplicity of composition would also imply that LPG releases less volatile organic compounds (VOCs, another unregulated pollutant) than gasoline and diesel [/i] ...... so I read 200 molecules, many of which must evaporate when filling the tank !! With LPG no pb, nothing goes out in the open ... it's always won.

5 - Let's talk about diesel: and long live the EGR valve ..... just look for articles on the subject and the em.merdes that diesel generators have with their EGR valves. I saw a dozen disassembled at a mechanic (and for good reason), clogged to death with a cm of soot like an old fireplace not picked up since 10 years! it's true. The guy dismounts them and closes the recycling hole because the engines get dirty, it destroys the catalytic converter ... etc. I have a package of doc on it.

6 - In summary:
LPG does not emit particles (very dangerous for health = a time bomb like asbestos).
LPG does not emit volatile substances harmful to health (this is recognized by everyone).
LPG does not emit more CO2 than petrol or diesel ..... it's not worth talking about the difference when you know that:
in the Kyoto protocol, CO2 emissions due to aircraft are not taken into account (only one passenger from New York - Paris issues 100 00 tonnes of CO2 ... not on value). To get the exact figure, read Nicolas Hulot's "Titanic syndrome": IPCC report on the subject.
We are in a false debate, the problems are elsewhere, the most polluting transport in terms of CO2 is the PLANE and the traffic must increase by .... ??% (huge) in the next 10 years. ... and no one talks about it because there is a gigantic market to make everyone travel around the world or almost cheap (that's crazy). It's also in the NH book .... to read.

In addition the planes "sends" their CO2 at very high altitude (10000 m) ...... closer to you my God.

I'm going to make a copy-paste and send it in the face of the detractor LPG (it must always relativize advantages and disadvantages) .... always and before knowing all that, I closed hatches when I followed a diesel; OK, now the Hdi are sending "clean" we are told, but then hype on the highway the number of Hdi who sends a big black cloud to the deceleration or acceleration ...... it is thanks to the EGR valve (by Google we can know everything about this wonder).

Good night and have sweet dreams.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 06/01/06, 02:00

It's a bit of a problem with the activist ecologists. They are
full of good intentions, they reject everything new and
They are attacking what precedes it. The problem is that they offer
rarely practical alternatives. Hearing them will require all
and the day or that will happen, he will criticize the means
of production of the bicycles. And will even arrive at eradicate.

Finally, to hear them, must be back to the good
time of the cariole and the saddle .I think about it, and if the
horses polished even more than cows ... Well, there is
not the pets and the dung, there is also the pile of dung that
heats ... that heats .. worse that does more methane, CO2.

Argg the bad luck. We are not out of the wood.
the horses, that's the food of the hay and it's creche on the straw.
Are the ecologists ready to do hay without a tractor?

It is sure to ride LPG ca polue, more or less than others
fuels. How to do otherwise? I chose LPG for
ecological and financial reasons .I am seriously shaking
in my choice since it does not seem so green and less
in less interesting question economies.
My next crate will certainly be a diesel, And then damn
for the environment, I do not have the means to compensate for the
pollution of pick ups and other 4X4 to me alone to me alone.
Especially if it is to make me say after that I was worse than the others.

:?
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 06/01/06, 09:34

To hear them it will be necessary all
and the day or that will happen, he will criticize the means
of production of the bicycles. And will even arrive at eradicate.

Arrrff !! Image
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: we want to "break" the LPG ??

by Rulian » 06/01/06, 10:03

jean63 wrote: LPG does not emit particles (very dangerous for health = a time bomb like asbestos).
LPG does not emit volatile substances harmful to health (this is recognized by everyone).
LPG does not emit more CO2 than petrol or diesel ..... it's not worth talking about the difference when you know that:

I allow myself to put a little flat:

LPG emits LESS particles.

LPG emits LESS dangerous volatile substance.

LPG emits as much as CO2. Yes, yes, I insist!

During my research on the GHG emission factors of the various energies, I was able to compare the figures for automotive fuels, including LPG.
But it is true that a liter of LPG emits approximately 25% of CO2 equivalent of less than a liter of gasoline (considering the upstream cycle + combustion). But we must not forget that on the other hand, an engine consumes 20% to 30% more LPG than with other fuels. In the end, we can say that a GPL emits as much CO2 equivalent for the same service rendered (do the calculation, it gives about 5% less, but given the uncertainties about this kind of estimate, it is not really conclusive)

The data on the GHG emission factors are those of the "Bilan Carbone" method established by JM Jancovici himself. See the following document (see 18 page):

http://www.ademe.fr/Outils/BilanCarbone ... V3-DEF.pdf

So far from denying the merits of LPG, I also want to hide the flaws.
Last edited by Rulian the 06 / 01 / 06, 10: 29, 1 edited once.
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 06/01/06, 10:17

1 - I ride LPG from 1998 with an R25 that now has 300000 km.

Personally, I still find it good because with gasoline, your R25 would not have made 300000Km

LPG does not emit particles that cause lung cancer (even Hdi)

FALSE: ALL fuels release particles, and the finer they are, the more dangerous they are because they are penetrating. Obviously the species do not reject large particles ... Diesel, rejects small and large particles, admit ...

of a New York - Paris issues 100 00 tons

You exaggerate a little ... 777 can load 100T kerosene (difficult to reject 100x more CO2 than it has loaded fuel ...), it uses 10h for over a hundred Passenger ... Either a ton / passenger in 10 h of travel. Okay it's not green at all, especially since it is 100T untaxed that go directly into the pockets of the great rich of this world, but 1T 10000T / passenger, there is still a margin. ..

To be honest, I do not think to that LPG is worse than gasoline, on the contrary, but it's just that this is the fuel "top ecolo" as some have made believe. And compared to a diesel, it's questionable, without necessarily saying that the diesel wins (except if it rolls with vegetable oil, obviously ...)
It reminds me of someone who told me that LPG was made of "bio-fuel" because it is composed of "natural" gas, namely that natural gas is extracted from natural gas fields (= fossil fuel, such as oil).

The biggest disadvantage I have with the LPG fuel system is the difficulty of switching it to a biofuel. It's easier to run a conventional espresso car with ethanol or a diesel at the HVB ... : Wink:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

CO2 emissions and particles

by jean63 » 06/01/06, 10:41

of course 100000 tons is anything, but it was 1h30 morning ...... and I do not have the book of N Hulot on hand, but it is very important, compared to a nobody who makes his 10000 kms a year in a petrol engine (that includes everything).
As for particles, we must not talk about the same: in fact, I have read several scientific articles on the subject and it is indeed diesels that are involved (these are those of diesels that are carcinogenic). You say that because you're driving in diesel. as soon as possible I find you the articles.
The absolute ideal would be diesel powered by vegetable oils and still some for the particles (it is related to the principle of operation of the diesel engine).
Or better electric, but we fall back into the nuclear pb. But what are they waiting for to subsidize models type TOYOTA prius ?, there I buy immediately.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 06/01/06, 11:20

The biggest disadvantage I have with the LPG fuel system is the difficulty of switching it to a biofuel. It's easier to roll a conventional espresso car with ethanol ...

Reassure yourself, a motor with LPG kit can be adapted to
Ethanol that a motor without this equipment. Indeed the kit
LPG does not change the engine gasoline. It is not added
a regulator, a tank, a diffuser and an emulator
for the LAMDA probe .. The systems are more or less
complex depending on the degree of engine technology but on the
principle c is the LPG fuel that is suitable for the engine and not
In any case, the question does not really arise here
since alcohol (fuel) is not available here and the
Distillation is not allowed for individuals.
This says alcohol question, if you know what to do to adapt
a car al ethanol ca m interested.
I just finished fermenting 200 with a mixture of water and yeast
beterraves à sucre rape .It only remains to sort : roll: .In
principle I should get 15 has 20 ld feriginous water : Lol: .
If the beet extract and its use are ok, I go to
upper level
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 06/01/06, 11:41

The absolute ideal would be diesel powered by vegetable oils and still some for the particles (it is related to the principle of operation of the diesel engine).
Or better electric

We agree on the top ... : Wink:

This says alcohol question, if you know what to do to adapt a car al ethanol ca m interested.

Up to 10% ethanol, no changes needed (I tried), no difference in driving, even a slight decrease in consumption, probably due to the fact that ethanol brings a surplus of oxygen.
Beyond 10%, or you have a car "flex fuel" (almost nonexistent in Europe), or you do the modifications yourself, namely to my knowledge (not tried):
- Fuel enrichment of the air / fuel mixture. it seems to me that it's easier with a carburetor than with an injection.
- possibly advance ignition, but it remains to be confirmed. In Canada, they have a lot of flex fuel cars, André could perhaps tell you more.

But in any case, it seems to me that the modifications are not witches, any more than to run a diesel HVB.

PS: do not put too much water with your yeasts and think well to deprive them of oxygen (= sealed container)
0 x