bio-fuels development plan: report

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

bio-fuels development plan: report

by Misterloxo » 04/01/08, 21:23

Here is a report from the France 3 news on the bio-fuels development plan which had been launched almost a year ago (I believe):

JT France3 the 04 / 01 / 2008 - 19-20 -:
Biofuels assessment
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 05/01/08, 10:09

Hello

"Europe is the only geographic area in the world in which ethanol is shared with another fossil product before it is mixed with gasoline"

Initially, ethanol is, I believe, an additive used to replace lead in gasoline to lower the octane number
The ecological interest of this agro-fuel (see Christophe for the definition) being called into question today, we can only rejoice in the use rates here, unlike what is done elsewhere.

A+
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 05/01/08, 10:49

loop wrote:
Initially, ethanol is, I believe, an additive used to replace lead in gasoline to lower the octane number

You meant I think "to increase the octane number" because alcohol supports a compression ~ 15-20% greater than gasoline, that's why the ideal "flex fuel" would be a supercharged engine at variable pressure ...
0 x