Roasted Pellets (Black Pellet): the new threat?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Roasted pellets, the new threat?

by Ahmed » 01/08/18, 21:00

You're quite right about your developments on ethical consistency. The engine must never be that of sacrifice (which would prove the opposite of what one wishes to promote), but a satisfaction to follow another path, the most coherent possible. Of course, even assuming a certain proselytism, such an attitude can not do much against the determinisms at play, that is why we must not judge these efforts by the yardstick of their external results: a few thousand Indians or Chinese who gain access to the middle class are largely enough to ruin the gains of a large number of motivated in terms of happy sobriety ... remain happiness! 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 01/08/18, 21:30

Ahmed wrote:You're quite right about your developments on ethical consistency. The engine must never be that of sacrifice (which would prove the opposite of what one wishes to promote), but a satisfaction to follow another path, the most coherent possible. Of course, even assuming a certain proselytism, such an attitude can not do much against the determinisms at play, that is why we must not judge these efforts by the yardstick of their external results: a few thousand Indians or Chinese who gain access to the middle class are largely enough to ruin the gains of a large number of motivated in terms of happy sobriety ... remain happiness! 8)

Ahmed's way of expressing myself always amuses me a lot.

I would like to know how he expresses in his terms 'sociological convoluted' the idea of ''pass me the salt''.

Ahmed, in a posture of self mockery, could you make us these 12 characters in long version Ahmedian pure juice? Gender in 4 lines?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 01/08/18, 22:03

Did67 wrote:
Nevertheless, today, what do I do?

At our level we must simply focus on the most responsible solutions.

For the rest it is difficult to extract oneself from the world in a complete way without taking the risk of seeing oneself "erased" from the social world.
As an example it is almost 3 years that I have more TV(1), and it happens during discussions with friends to be completely "dumped" on certain topics (completely frivolous as always).
I am often asked this horrifying question:But why do not you have TV? In the form of a reproach from my interlocutor, under hearing suspicious behavior on my part.
Even worse when I look at the sky and identify a raptor by name or I am told that I am "perched"! : Lol: Perched also when I come to evoke the serious ecological crisis or humanitarian etc .. etc .. Can I become crazy? :)
The problem is there, it is based on the mimetic rivalries: everyone copy themselves by being persuaded to keep a free will without realizing to become an automaton subject, in the current context it is characterized by a negation of the reality (dénisme) in favor of a subjectivation of the world built largely by the media.
In such a context it becomes very complex to approach the strategic subjects without being taxed as catastrophist, extremist or pessimist(2), all that remains is resignation or isolation(3)

(1)And to the absent subscriber to Facebook, twitter, instingram and other social networks ...
(2)Even the whole of his reasoning would be correlated scientifically and factually by daily events.
(3)Or be kind of Ninja living a double life ... 8)
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/08/18, 22:57

of less hydrophilic tendency (the torrefied product resuming with difficulty the humidity). http://www.poelepellets.net/dossiers-sp ... anules.php
It will not suit me, since I use it as litter for my old chap who does not leave the house.

Apart from the color, what appellation distinguishes them from conventional pellets?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/08/18, 10:04

Note the nuance of "more difficult"!

When we know the sensitivity of the efficiency and the quality of combustion (high temperature - almost "blue flame") to humidity, if "roasted" pellets leaving the factory at say 5% take up 10% and end up at 15% will be very far from the optimum. For good electronic control, humidity levels of around 7 to 8% are necessary. Otherwise, the flame is colder, the combustion less good, and the emissions far from the "theoretical" emissions measured under optimal conditions (including very dry pellets, according to standards). [this will be like the "standards" of cars - excellent in theory, much worse in reality].
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/08/18, 13:07

it is sure that in order to make the cat piss it needs non-compacted sawdust to make it a good fuel ... the more compacty it is, the less it absorbs

the pelet is a first advance as fuel thanks to a warming at 200 ° that melts lignin and makes the pelet more compact and less absorbent than raw wood

torefaction is only an extra step ... why oppose it?

I like the use of simply crushed wood, woodblock ... but the disadvantage is the large volume occupied for storage ... and transport more expensive than the pelet because of the volume

the problem of the simply crushed wood is the problem of authorization of construction ... it is so complicated to have a building permit that it is difficult to have the place to store it
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/08/18, 15:33

Chatelot16, you write:
roasting is only another step forward ... why oppose it?

Perhaps a careful re-reading of the above will give you the answer?
Otherwise, as our friend says very well Did"things are rarely black or white, but mostly in shades of gray" : Wink: In reality, it is a question of dose (which makes the poison, as it is well known!): On a small scale, the transformation of sawdust which encumbered the sawmills was a good deal for everyone, but the new possibilities offered by this technique make it a weapon of mass destruction for our forests. Danger all the more serious as it manifests itself under the easy-going exterior of "sustainable bullshit" (which will be able to express itself fully as soon as the imminent tension on oil prices occurs).
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/08/18, 12:54

We must understand that besides the supply of thermal power plants (which is already a sacred amount), this black pellet is likely to come cannibalize the brown / white pellet of individuals, because of the Darwinian selection that will not fail to speak. Cherry on the cake, by homogenizing the final product, we can save the puzzle of setting the stove or boiler.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/08/18, 14:12

chatelot16 wrote:it is sure that in order to make the cat piss it needs non-compacted sawdust to make it a good fuel ... the more compacty it is, the less it absorbs
I think rather that the finer it is crushed and dry, the more absorbing it is. Compacting reduces the volume and makes it more convenient to use. Just put pellets in the water, you'll see the speed at which it swells and absorbs the water like a sponge.

The compostable cat litter is equivalent to the pellet milling may be finer, with a little more perfume, for about 6 E the 10 liters, which is equivalent to about 13 E 15 kg.
I prefer to pay 3 times less for the same service.

I have pellet darker than usual marked PTX ... maybe the mark?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/08/18, 14:30

Izentrop, you write:
I have pellet darker than usual marked PTX ... maybe the mark?

The color depends on the conditions under which the pressing takes place and a rise in temperature quickly blackens the surface of the granule.
For the rest of your considerations on the absorption capacity of pellets, I agree with you.
0 x