New Holland unveils its hydrogen NH2 tractor

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 03/03/09, 13:27

It would also be interesting to compare PV with wind power
Here we are talking about storage from intermittent energy
With an equal occupied surface, I am certain to know the winner, on windy site of course. But nature is well done, the sunny areas and the windy areas are not the same

In addition, wind power does not compete with agriculture

A+
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/03/09, 15:32

loop wrote:Hello

I thought that on this subject we were going to talk about the multi-fuel cell and its efficiency greater than 50% : Cry:

I really feel attached to the heat engines, its noise, its vibrations, its pollution and its poor performance.
As we often say, drive away the natural ... it gallops

Perhaps we should consider Pantonizing a fuel cell so that you see an interest in it? : Cheesy:

Joking aside, does anyone know what prevents using a conventional fuel in a heat pump?

A+

Hi Looping,

fuel efficiency is not the problem ... But the catastrophic yield of the production, storage, transport, destocking of dihydrogen.

H2 transport has no economic future, a fortiori H2 tractors, which burn a lot of energy compared to an automobile: a tractor consumes roughly 0.1L / hp / hour

(for a 110 HP, in mowing or silage, 12 L / h.

when driving 50 L / 100 km, sometimes more ...

Two major green technologies that have the most potential are concentrated thermodynamic solar for electricity, biological hydrocarbons for transport (preferably hybrid)

Light transport (personal car for short trip <100 km) can be satisfied with 100% electric. Apart from that, we need hydrocarbons.

We never knew how to store, transport and destock H2 better than Nature does, to know about these carbon chains : Idea:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 03/03/09, 21:42

Ah, that's interesting data

Thank you Christophe for the course :D

Highly PV panels at 40% efficiency 8) by hoping that they are not too expensive to buy and in gray energy

I thought (without having checked it) that the plants had a better yield than that, the mechanical result being distressing: 0.08% !! ?? against 8% in PV is maddening

Finally, Laigret oil will surely have a future, I was talking about it earlier with my friend from France.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 03/03/09, 21:50

Only 106 ponies for a tractor, that makes playmobil toy!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 03/03/09, 22:37

Bonsoir

it is not the efficiency of fuel cells that is the problem ... But the catastrophic efficiency of the production, storage, transport, destocking of dihydrogen.

We agree on that (it's been at least 3 times that I write it)
But why favor the combustion of a fuel in a heat engine rather than in a heat pump which has a much better efficiency?

A+
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/03/09, 23:21

Good question, but the technique is not perfected.

The few rare fuel cells (fuel cells) direct (no reforming to extract H2) are in development.

That with ethanol does not display a yield (in development ...)

Furthermore, methanol is a hydrocarbon generally obtained after chemical transformation of biomass, while HVB is directly combustible in Diesel.

That in methanol peaks at 20 to 30% yield (and again, Wikipedia data maybe optimistic?). Thus, the Alcohol PACs cost more than a petrol or diesel engine for lower efficiency and reliability (catalysts and sensitive membranes ...) ... :?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/03/09, 23:25

Capt_Maloche wrote:I thought (without having checked it) that the plants had a better yield than that, the mechanical result being distressing: 0.08% !! ?? against 8% in PV is maddening

Finally, Laigret oil will surely have a future, I was talking about it earlier with my friend from France.

Hello Captain '

Not a good yield, but high and inexpensive surfaces which compensate for it ... For those who want biofuel, I think it is more profitable to buy Earth than PV cells because here, the economic aspect prevails over the yield : Idea:
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."