Work group. Project: Oil Dr Jean Laigret

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 11/01/09, 15:46

Do you think it would be interesting to use this tool for the Laigret project (or another econological trick?): http://www.dipity.com/

Apparently it's a "dynamic" timeline:

Quote:
Dipity is a fun new way to get updates about your friends
and subjects you care about.

It remains to be seen whether several "members" can administer it ... I think so ...

Hi Christopher,
I think this can be a practical tool, have you created an account to see more precisely how it works?
Good day everyone, we are a group of high school students and we are interested in your project. We are doing a TPE on oil and we had planned to reproduce the Laigret experience but we quickly realized that at our level is impossible Crying or Very Sad If we can help you ...
Keep us informed of the progress of your project. Thank you

Hello Audrey,
Thank you for your proposal and I take advantage of your message to give some news on the latest advances in the project.

Just before the end of year celebrations, I managed to contact the Pasteur Institute in Tunis, I sent them the documentation that we collected, notably the patent filed by Doctor Laigret.
They will study it, give us their opinion and, if it is playable, they will repeat the experiment under the conditions described by Doctor Laigret.
Only downside on their side, their largest reactor has a capacity of 20 liters but this should suffice at first.
In addition, I also had the manager of ESAIP who follows the students who are doing their scientific project on the subject. They have to submit their report around the end of January, I hope this will provide us with additional information.
We are still waiting for a response from the IUT of Angers but the person we are targeting is very busy but I hope to be able to have an answer in the coming weeks.

Voili voilou, a little update of the latest advances ;-)
0 x
Noïde738
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Noïde738 » 19/01/09, 22:03

I just came across this article:
http://www.enerzine.com/12/6738+du-biog ... hane+.html

INRA and INRIA have recently filed a patent to guarantee a constant methane content in the production of biogas, by regulating dissolved carbon dioxide.

interesting not? It's been a long time, I don't remember too much the different phases of production in an anaerobic medium described in the documents, but it is perhaps representative of a state of equilibrium with another bacterium.

Happy New Year everyone !
: Cheesy:
0 x
extend in harmony has the virtue rebirth (Nei Ching Su Wen)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/01/09, 22:41

C moa wrote:Hi Christopher,
I think this can be a practical tool, have you created an account to see more precisely how it works?

No I was waiting for a notice (at least) ... I can create an account to test, we would have to be several to be able to administer it. I look at this quickly therefore!
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 13/03/09, 09:02

Hi everybody,
It's been a while since we kept you informed of our progress concerning the Laigret project while it is progressing (slowly but surely : Lol: ).

So at the end of February, we were able to meet the Pasteur Institute in Tunis, the interview lasted a little over an hour and was very interesting.

In (very) summary:
- At first, we presented the site, its forum, his state of mind and the birth of the Laigret project.
- We also talked about the project to create an association to support such initiatives.
- We have recalled the objectives of the Laigret project. (for those who don't remember : Mrgreen: ) It is a question of verifying and reproducing the experiences of Doctor Laigret in order to then study a possible industrialization. Industrialization which will either be implemented by a constituted industrial group which has means or by the creation of a more professional structure of the SARL type.

Then we exchanged on several subjects:
- We talked about agrofuels and its contradictions, they were probably afraid of being in front of people interested in the fashion of these new fuels. We explained to them that our primary goal was to recover waste that is currently "bulky" (waste from oil mills, pig slurry, animal fats and meal, etc.) then if the process makes it possible to create oil is interesting but it is not not the primary driver of the project.
- We confirmed that our approach was intended to be scientific and therefore that we were not afraid of failure. The spirit being to open or close a door with this process.
- We discussed plausible reasons why the Laigret process was not developed in the 50s.
- They asked us if we had thought about the difficulties of industrialization (bacteria / pathogenic toxins in particular). Of course we have thought about it and this can be a major obstacle, but our main problem today is to check if the Laigret process really works; so it is important to carry out experiments in order to verify the recipe, the yields, the quality of the products .... Then will come the search for an industrial process with why not the search for a less pathogenic bacteria. Let's go with method !!!

Finally we discussed how we could work together:
- Since the Institut Pasteur in general works mainly on themes related to health, they need to check how this study can be integrated into their work.
- Nevertheless, they are aware that we will not be able to work alone on bacteria such as the one to be used in the Laigret process and that it is mainly "medical" laboratories that have the skills and equipment to do this kind of work.
- So we are confident that this will succeed even if there will probably be other people to convince along the way.
- We put forward the idea of ​​a collaboration of the type "we buy material for the lab in exchange for their studies". It seems a good compromise, even if today it is a bit early to know what they need and how much it costs, but again, everything in its time.

Voila voilou,
I hope you enjoyed it : Mrgreen:

Good day to all
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 13/03/09, 09:51

Well it's interesting, thanks for the information

I do not think that pastor is the most suitable structure for this study, unless they give themselves the means, question of will)

I rather consider the work of a Post Doc supported by the means of a research institute like the CNRS or Ifremer
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/03/09, 10:45

Do they have detailed archives (protocol, report of experiences ...) of Laigret's work?

Should ask them ... : Idea:

Otherwise, Captain ', I would be of your opinion for the scientific skills, the material and human resources of the CNRS, but at the same time I fear that it will not move much (colossal inertia) ...

I still ask to be wrong on the last point : Cheesy:
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 13/03/09, 11:48

Regarding documentation, we actually asked them to interrogate their archives. They will see and keep us posted.

As for the choice of the laboratory, we discussed it with the IP of Tunis and in fact I come to the conclusion that we are in the crossfire.

On the one hand, we are working on a project which aims to improve or even enhance the treatment of waste, therefore with a rather environmental purpose and therefore the best would indeed be to approach the CNRS, Ifremer or INRA (I called them because they have a laboratory specializing in biotechnology).
On the other hand, we are working on a project which implements pathogenic bacteria which require to have a minimum of authorizations, skills in their handling and their conservation.

In order for the aforementioned labs to be equipped and authorized, it can take time and of course in ways that we may not be able to provide.
Of course, these labs are used to working with chemicals that are often dangerous or very dangerous, but it was confirmed to us in Tunis that even for labs like theirs, it is sometimes difficult to obtain strains of bacteria / microbes / viruses. .. because of the general security atmosphere. Apparently the logistics aspect is also a big mess.

So I tell myself that if it is difficult for organizations, such as the Institut Pasteur, which work on these subjects from Kalakala, the difficulty must be extreme for a new lab or for a newly "promoted" lab.
And as has been said, the decision to upgrade a lab still needs to be made ...

What you also need to know is that the Tunisian IP has already worked (and still works I think) on environmental subjects alongside their other work. In this case, they worked with a Tunisian company to see how bacteria could degrade pollution from petroleum derivatives.

We can therefore imagine that if they did it once, they can do it again. Wait and See ....

They are however not equipped to treat the chemistry part (analysis of samples for example) but there we will always manage to find a lab in a raff or other to do them.
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 13/03/09, 11:50

I also forgot to tell you that the students of ESAIP have submitted their work.

They must transmit them to us in electronic format, I hope to have the authorization to diffuse them on the site (there is no reason : Lol: ).
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 13/03/09, 11:52

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if you have succeeded in producing petroleum using the Laigret method ???

Sorry but I lost the course of the history of this adventure from where the question deboule, sorry ...
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 13/03/09, 11:59

carburologue wrote:Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if you have succeeded in producing petroleum using the Laigret method ???

Sorry but I lost the course of the history of this adventure from where the question deboule, sorry ...
No stupid questions : Lol:

No, we have not yet produced "laigret" oil because for that you need an equipped laboratory which can have access to the strains of bacteria necessary for this.
This is the reason for our discussion with the IP of Tunis.

Best regards,
0 x