Fuel E85 to 85% bioethanol (ETBE?) To 2007

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 06/11/06, 15:46

Agree with Christophe,

This article asks the right questions and gives the right answers: bio-fuels can only be considered as an alternative solution short term while waiting to review our development model essentially based on the car.
France will never have the agricultural land necessary to produce all the fuel for a society that swears by the car.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: E 85 ethanol kits in France for aftermarket

by bob_isat » 14/11/06, 19:29

Christophe wrote:JNote from Christophe: strange, according to all the information we have on E85, it seemed to us that Total was strongly hostile to it ... Unless it is "oil" E85 with 47% volume of "oil inside"?

it's not true, it starts again ... : Shock:

what if TOTAL simply wanted to improve its image after erica and AZF? ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

video Alain Prost

by bham » 21/11/06, 10:26

0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/11/06, 14:37

To remove doubts from Christophe (and surely others) on the reality of E85 and the possible announcement effect suspected:
[...] For its part, and in addition to the commitment to buy 15% of flexible vehicles in its vehicle orders from 2007 to reach 30% in 2008, the State undertakes to authorize the sale of Superethanol E85 to individuals and professionals no later than January 1, 2007 by including in the Finance Bill for 2007 a provision which cancels the taxation on the green part of this new fuel. While this measure has been adopted by the National Assembly, additional measures will be proposed as part of the amending finance bill. which will be presented in a few days to support the development of this new sector, specified the ministry for finances. [...]

Quote from article from Actu-Environnement.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/06, 14:43

Woodcutter wrote:To remove doubts from Christophe (and surely others) on the reality of E85 and the possible announcement effect suspected

Uh I make my flap joy but it's not because the State authorizes that it will be effective on the ground ... since everything depends on the goodwill of TOTAL ...
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 28/11/06, 16:08

I also don't like to be pessimistic but even if the state authorizes or promotes E85, I doubt that the resulting shortfall will be accepted by Total.
0 x
Together we can change the
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/11/06, 18:36

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:To remove doubts from Christophe (and surely others) on the reality of E85 and the possible announcement effect suspected

Uh I make my flap joy but it's not because the State authorizes that it will be effective on the ground ... since everything depends on the goodwill of TOTAL ...
Huh? : Shock:
I don't really see the connection ... : roll:

Total will not even represent half of the stations planned for 2007 ... In addition, it is only a dispenser and not a producer, unlike all-oil ....

For Saveplanet, what shortfall? The volume not sold? :?:
For the moment it does not represent anything (a few% of car sales representing 30% of the annual volume ...)!
And if it starts strong, don't worry that they will be able to take the bandwagon ...

PS: did you say "my" pessimist? Christophe must have missed something ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/06, 18:41

The report is that the production of E85 will depend on tankers ... the share of 15% gasoline and the mixing will be done where? Here is the report ... because even if it is not the tanker who sells E85 directly, he will participate ...

Besides, it always makes me laugh that Edouard Leclerc is placed (in his speeches) at the same level as the oil tankers because I do not believe that there are E.Leclerc refineries in France ...

ps also: saveplanet has become a "he"? I read correctly: "My pessist" : Shock:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/11/06, 19:30

Christophe wrote:The report is that the production of E85 will depend on tankers ... the share of 15% gasoline and the mixing will be done where? Here is the report ... because even if it is not the tanker who sells E85 directly, he will participate ...
And where are hypermarkets and independents currently supplied?
How could refiners (Total or others) differentiate between the sale for a pump and the sale for the mixture?
And even if they had the opportunity to find out, could they not sell to distributors?
If so, would they not have done so for a long time?

Christophe wrote:Besides, it always makes me laugh that Edouard Leclerc is (in his speeches) at the same level as the oil tankers because I do not believe that there are E.Leclerc refineries in France ... [... ]
He's probably only talking about the "distribution" part I guess?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/11/06, 19:38

Christophe wrote:[...]since any depends on the goodwill of TOTAL ...

Clarification :
The signatories of the charter, [...]
distributors are in particular represented by Total, BP France, Shell and the main French retail chains.
[...]
The oil group Total has meanwhile pointed out that it is committed to deploying 200 to 275 outlets equipped on French territory, [...]

With regard to Total, we can reasonably estimate having a picture of his goodwill with this extract ...

Regarding the "whole", IMHO is very slightly exaggerated! : Mrgreen:
0 x